CAT 2011 Aspirants

1,735 Posts  ·  728 Users
About this group
hi puys, Put down ur name here if u r preparing for CAT 2011 and mention the following information: 1.Institute joined if any and from which State u r. 2.When did u start prepration. 3.Books u have or plan to buy. 4.Number of Hou...
Page 1 of 174

Hey there, i'm pursuing my BE (comp) from Pune university, and am in my third year....my aggregate so far is 60% (yeah, PU barely gives marks :\)...i'm thinking of studying for CAT for a year and then taking the exam.

do 10th, 12th and engineering marks come into consideration for admissions to FMS, IITB and IITd?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Srihari123 Says
can anyone tell about BIMTECH (Birla Inst Of Mgmt) B school..

its a decent bschool in the 85%ile bracket....check dis link for further details and queries..
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/bimtech-admission-2012-25071148

can anyone tell about BIMTECH (Birla Inst Of Mgmt) B school..

hi puys...

I am sure you have all worked hard..all the best for your results..

Here's a link just to give you all a flavour of the type of people you would find in an iim.

Read on

the many varieties of business school students in india! - inside iim

cheers

vish

hit h boss!!
IIM Shillong
Hi puys...

I am sure you have all worked hard..all the best for your results..

here's a link just to give you all a flavour of the type of people you would find in an IIM.

Read on

The many varieties of Business school students in India! - Inside IIM

Cheers

Vish

Excellent!!:):):)
SPJIMR PGDM Finance Class of 2014 | CAT'11 - 99.04%le | http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/life-at-b-schools/bschool-student-profiles-t-1090/p-15377/r-3591991
yanurag4659 Says
well i hav got 92 % in 10th n 78%in 12th... its jss the cgpa that sucks ...cgpa of how many sems are considered to be eligible in cat xam.. ??? wht wud be a decent cgpa ?

Ur cgpa till the third year will be considered(if u apply next year).U should give ur all for this next sem.But dont be too dissapointed.U still have a decent chance if u score highly in CAT.Do not worry about what woulkd be a decent CGPA now.Try and ddo ur best and maximise ur score.
If u have never failed,u have never lived!!

I have a query on similar grounds though not entirely..There was this discussion on one of the threads about the ambiguity related to percentage conversion from c.g.p.a for different colleges.I want to ask what does someone appearing first time for CAT(while still being in college i.e in his 4th year) do if his college doesn't have a percentage conversion rule -simply multiply the c.g.p.a by 10 or are there other methods,plz clarify.Also on a separate topic ,while going through this thread I have noticed a vast difference of opinion in predicting percentiles.I know the exercise is futile,impossible etc. etc but the other day I noticed someone predicting a 95% corresponding to a score of 95 while the same score got a 85% from another senior.I know we should not worry much before the results come out but an honest estimation keeping in mind this year's trends doesn't hurt either.

unrealheart4mba Says
Well u definitely have a chance.try to improve ur CGPA for better chances.Also their are various other parameters for selection.But be more specific in ur queries.And a high CAT score next ofcourse is a must.So all the best.

well i hav got 92 % in 10th n 78%in 12th... its jss the cgpa that sucks ...cgpa of how many sems are considered to be eligible in cat xam.. ??? wht wud be a decent cgpa ?
i am currently pursueing btech .. jss thru with 5th sem with cgpa of 6.5
do i hav any chances of making it to the iim ?

Well u definitely have a chance.try to improve ur CGPA for better chances.Also their are various other parameters for selection.But be more specific in ur queries.And a high CAT score next ofcourse is a must.So all the best.
If u have never failed,u have never lived!!

i am currently pursueing btech .. jss thru with 5th sem with cgpa of 6.5
do i hav any chances of making it to the iim ?