The english league is becoming competitive not because lower teams are improving but top teams are degrading...at least barca/rm maintained their standards
Barca and Real are maintaining their Standard. But what about teams like, Sevilla, Espanyol, Athletico Madrid, Valencia, Villareal, etc??? All these teams are history now. WHy is that whenever we think of La Liga, only Barca and Real strikes our mind???
That is coz all the other teams have collapsed in the course of time. Even though, teams like Napoli and Lazio are doing WAY TOO GOOD than Inter, all we remember is Inter MILAN when SIRIE A comes to our mind. (Napoli & Lazio are 2nd and 3rd respectively with 33 points each, while Inter is licking the 7th position with 23 points do far)
ManU have a big 7 point lead at the top of the table, it is there that competition is getting less. Yes it is still on for number 2,3,4 and rest of the positions, but the way ManU and other clubs are playing the race for number 1 spot doesn't seem to last long. And yes la Liga is again a 2 horse race.
It is a 4 point lead over Arsenal with a game in hand.. which is not the same as a 7 point lead..!! 'Boring Boring City' went the crowd at Emirates last night.. atleast the game overall wasn't as boring as the Man Utd- City game..!!
It is a 4 point lead over Arsenal with a game in hand.. which is not the same as a 7 point lead..!! 'Boring Boring City' went the crowd at Emirates last night.. atleast the game overall wasn't as boring as the Man Utd- City game..!!
Ohh ya ya,you are right,I am waiting for that spare game to happen,its against Chelsea,very tough match indeedAnd yaa a very thrilling match that was Arsenal vs City:biggrin:
The english league is becoming competitive not because lower teams are improving but top teams are degrading...at least barca/rm maintained their standards
One of the lamest reason I have heard in ages...Lemme talk of few teams which are improving
1. City -- Though I do agree its coz of money, but they have improved...They have frisked players out of reach of Real and Barca (other money powers in football). Whether they play for draw or not is a different case but they are a potent force now...
2. Spurs -- They have progressed by leaps and bounds under Harry.. Inter felt that and m sure the footballing world would accept that soon...
3. Teams like Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland -- They are very good on their home turf unlike La liga where only worth watchin match is Real vs Barca
I dun know if u realized or not, but top 4 teams in Spain are within a 15 point gap whereas in EPL the gap is just 8...So its certainly more competitive...
ashish13dec Says
That was not thrilling dude but was way better than Man City v/s United.And we were unlucky to hit woodwork twice.I hope you saw both the games.
Incidently, I do not agree with good or bad matches, its 3 points that matter, if you dun get points for nice football (that too self proclaimed) then its better to play scrappy and get some points...:biggrin:
I dun wanna offend any Arsenal fan, but what amazes me is that, how Arsenal proclaims to be the best when it comes to display of football but yet they do not get anythin (trophy) out of that pretty passes and moves...
Incidently, I do not agree with good or bad matches, its 3 points that matter, if you dun get points for nice football (that too self proclaimed) then its better to play scrappy and get some points...:biggrin:
I dun wanna offend any Arsenal fan, but what amazes me is that, how Arsenal proclaims to be the best when it comes to display of football but yet they do not get anythin (trophy) out of that pretty passes and moves...
Incidently,neutral fans also say so,so how can it be self proclaimed.I believe you also dint get 3 points versus city.Correct me if I am wrong. 5 year lean patch,people started blaming philosophy and style.Please wait for a while before jumping guns. Prawn sandwich brigade,term coined by United legendary captain Roy Keane is on rise these days since United are sensing 19th.
And dude Mr.K,your record against Chelsea has been pathetic in past few year barring one or two games. And I comprehend trophy was the single reason you started supporting United.
Yaa your team plays the prettiest football in England,but sadly as my friend pointed out no trophies in last few years,beatings by us has become regular stuffs latelystill your team plays the prettiest football aint they??? Some results-Last season 1-3(away win for us),2-1(home win for us)this season 1-0 and still counting:cheerio: Enjoy the day:drinking:
Though I kinda agree with the opinion that Arsenal has this "holier-than-thou" attitude about themselves, that they are the only team in England who plays football in the proper spirit, and all others resort to "anti-football" tactics; but dude come on, don't you think it's a bit clichd to always point to their 5-year trophy drought to win the argument ?
Clubs have been in bad patches, sometimes much longer than 5 years. Your own club Manchester united took 4-5 years to win the first title (that too FA cup, not the league) under Sir Alex. Barcelona had a similar bad patch at the start of 2000, if I remember correctly.
It looks like Arsenal do have a bright future, with young players coming up and ready to take over. At least their future looks much better when compared to Chelsea (I am not aware of the youth prospects of Man Utd. though)
Though I kinda agree with the opinion that Arsenal has this "holier-than-thou" attitude about themselves, that they are the only team in England who plays football in the proper spirit, and all others resort to "anti-football" tactics; but dude come on, don't you think it's a bit clichd to always point to their 5-year trophy drought to win the argument ?
Clubs have been in bad patches, sometimes much longer than 5 years. Your own club Manchester united took 4-5 years to win the first title (that too FA cup, not the league) under Sir Alex. Barcelona had a similar bad patch at the start of 2000, if I remember correctly.
It looks like Arsenal do have a bright future, with young players coming up and ready to take over. At least their future looks much better when compared to Chelsea (I am not aware of the youth prospects of Man Utd. though)
bright future with young players coming up!How long can you call Arsenal "a young team"!isn't 5 Years a bit too much!I think people still think of the old "Henry,Pires etc", days,and when the current Arsenal team shows flashes of brilliance they say"Look!That's how Football Should be played" Well Barca has been playing like that too for years but no one took notice until they won the Champs league in 2006 after a decade and half!!
bright future with young players coming up!How long can you call Arsenal "a young team"!isn't 5 Years a bit too much!I think people still think of the old "Henry,Pires etc", days,and when the current Arsenal team shows flashes of brilliance they say"Look!That's how Football Should be played" Well Barca has been playing like that too for years but no one took notice until they won the Champs league in 2006 after a decade and half!!
Err, what's the point ? so Barca is also not a good team ? Or you meant something else ?
For the first part, I was just comparing them with Chelsea. Right now, Chelsea has some 19 year old reserves to replace some 30 year olds; nothing in between. In that prospect, Arsenal's reserve is much much better.
Yaa your team plays the prettiest football in England,but sadly as my friend pointed out no trophies in last few years,beatings by us has become regular stuffs latelystill your team plays the prettiest football aint they??? Some results-Last season 1-3(away win for us),2-1(home win for us)this season 1-0 and still counting:cheerio: Enjoy the day:drinking:
Superlike your opinion,totally agree with you bro.:thumbsup:
No comments for United aah??:biggrin:
That is because I am speechless looking at their current form
Though I kinda agree with the opinion that Arsenal has this "holier-than-thou" attitude about themselves, that they are the only team in England who plays football in the proper spirit, and all others resort to "anti-football" tactics; but dude come on, don't you think it's a bit clichd to always point to their 5-year trophy drought to win the argument ?
Clubs have been in bad patches, sometimes much longer than 5 years. Your own club Manchester united took 4-5 years to win the first title (that too FA cup, not the league) under Sir Alex. Barcelona had a similar bad patch at the start of 2000, if I remember correctly.
It looks like Arsenal do have a bright future, with young players coming up and ready to take over. At least their future looks much better when compared to Chelsea (I am not aware of the youth prospects of Man Utd. though)
What exactly anti football tactics are being referred to here??
And I do not agree that Arsenal plays beautiful football, not with average 50-52% posssession..Its beautiful when u have 70-75% possession and more than 90% passing...Arsenal has a long way to reach there...
So just taking ur argument, isin't it cliched to use beautiful football, young team, other team played bad arguments for every draw, loss..Well if not everythin, but then at least there must be somethin wrong with one of the top team of England unable to win anythin for so long although this time they do have a realistic shot at Carling Cup to get rid of this argument (for now at least)
According to me, Chelsea is not paying for inexperienced youth, but the policy to let too many players go in summers, and when injuries struck they just could not keep the momentum going on, therefore its difficult for them to get back on track even with full strength team...As far as United is concerned they have enough investment in youth with likes of Welback, Cleverly, Smalling, Gibson, Silva twins (these are just players who have established themselves at United or @ loan there are enough players to keep the momentum going)..The point of concern for United is age of SAF...Dunno who would replace him and what would be his policy about youth and all, till that time we are in safe hands...
why should I wait,I am enjoying this draught;)u wait till eternity,who can say you may win a trophy or two by then:p
And dude Mr.K,your record against Chelsea has been pathetic in past few year barring one or two games. And I comprehend trophy was the single reason you started supporting United.
Looking at Chlesa's current form any lame man will favour us against them,but ya u don't loose hope if by chance an upset happens,Arsenal will be able to breathe Ya I can see you comprehend a lot of thingsDude I have been supporting United from 98,when I started watchin football and that's not beacuse of trophies,but because of my hero that days,due to whom I started watching football,Becksand since them its been only United :cheerio:but ya why am I explaining this to someone,who haven't have a smell of trophies for quiet some years now.
Though I kinda agree with the opinion that Arsenal has this "holier-than-thou" attitude about themselves, that they are the only team in England who plays football in the proper spirit, and all others resort to "anti-football" tactics; but dude come on, don't you think it's a bit clichd to always point to their 5-year trophy drought to win the argument ?
Clubs have been in bad patches, sometimes much longer than 5 years. Your own club Manchester united took 4-5 years to win the first title (that too FA cup, not the league) under Sir Alex. Barcelona had a similar bad patch at the start of 2000, if I remember correctly.
It looks like Arsenal do have a bright future, with young players coming up and ready to take over. At least their future looks much better when compared to Chelsea (I am not aware of the youth prospects of Man Utd. though)
My United friend has already replied you:biggrin:Ya I agree that United that time under SAF din't win any trophy for 4-5 years,but during that period we never said that we play the most beautiful football in England and we dont gave excuses like gunners for not having a long trophy draught.:nono:
What exactly anti football tactics are being referred to here??
Arre, read my post properly before commenting on it. I was actually criticising the way Arsene Wenger explodes these days after a defeat, and almost always accuses the other team of applying "anti-football" (read defensive/physical) tactics.
My United friend has already replied you:biggrin:Ya I agree that United that time under SAF din't win any trophy for 4-5 years,but during that period we never said that we play the most beautiful football in England and we dont gave excuses like gunners for not having a long trophy draught.:biggrin:
Arre, read my post properly before commenting on it. I was actually criticising the way Arsene Wenger explodes these days after a defeat, and almost always accuses the other team of applying "anti-football" (read defensive/physical) tactics.
I dont remember properly but during the Arsenal vs ManC match the commentator was saying that Arsenal were one of the sides with most red cards and fouls in EPL.
Moreover the challenge by Jack Wilshere over Nicola Zigic was one of the most horrific challenges this season.So Arsene Wenger certainly cant say that this season.
And in the end playing bad and winning is always better than playing good and losing.No-one would have remembered Barcelona had they played well and not won Champions League and La liga on their way to 6 titles.
Arre, read my post properly before commenting on it. I was actually criticising the way Arsene Wenger explodes these days after a defeat, and almost always accuses the other team of applying "anti-football" (read defensive/physical) tactics.
Sorry for the confusion :biggrin:
And in the end playing bad and winning is always better than playing good and losing.No-one would have remembered Barcelona had they played well and not won Champions League and La liga on their way to 6 titles.
Exactly!!! ManC could be another example if they can take back anythin to Eastlands this season...
Exactly!!! ManC could be another example if they can take back anythin to Eastlands this season...
They wont. Looking like how events are unfolding , seems only ManU and Arsenal can win it.Moreover the way Mancini uses his tactics , he will play for a draw even on the last day even if a win guarantees them a title.
The two matches of ManU with Chelsea at end of the season will be crucial, atleast for ManU.Chelsea may flatter to deceive now , but no-one knows what happens after 3 months.
Arre, read my post properly before commenting on it. I was actually criticising the way Arsene Wenger explodes these days after a defeat, and almost always accuses the other team of applying "anti-football" (read defensive/physical) tactics.
Can you let me know how many times Arsene Wenger has termed anything anti-football.Yes,He has openly bashed horrific tackles whether done by Wilshere or Taylor or Shawcross which ultimately makes Premier League look ugly.Just remember number of idiotic tackles and leg breaks this season. When Arsenal played at Birmingham,fans sang Taylor appreciation chants just to remind us Eduardo's leg break which literally marred his career.Isn't it Anti-football?? Wasn't DeJong's ,Shawcross's ,Taylor's tackle anti football??If you think physicality is USP of premier league,believe me this unnecessary physicality is letting Premier League down.Don't go into UEFA coefficient's,PL has produced only one WPOTY till now.
And in the end playing bad and winning is always better than playing good and losing.No-one would have remembered Barcelona had they played well and not won Champions League and La liga on their way to 6 titles.
Bhai,people still have not forgotten Dutch and their total football even though national side couldn't win anything with it. And this one is really surprising from a Madrid fan where they have fired coaches like Capello for playing boring football. @ Cool_Bryan---70% possession with 90% passing in Premier League,I believe this is not utopia.