Because Wilshere deserved a chance and he was decent today which many chelsea fans have also acknowledged. Ohh we always flatter to decieve and by decieving and cheating we have won so many Premier league.Dude brilliant!!Simply Brilliant!!
Ok Arsenal have the most honest footballers in the world. By honesty I guess you mean people diving in the box for penalties which Vanpersie and Nasri do
I completely agree that Chelsea brought players from the money that Roman brought but you have to make a team out of these players which Chlesea did successfully. They also know that buying players is not the correct way of going around. So they have started to improve their youth academy and it would take time for a genuine world beater to come through the ranks.
All I want to say that Chelsea invested money for the correct players who can win the league whereas some big teams didn't.
And that is the reason why Chelsea is hated by so many people. Chelsea have been successful with the current team, but there seems to be no initiative on its part to engage in player development, which is a responsibility of a club according to me. Winning is not everything in football, and the most famous managers are not the ones who won the most trophies, but the ones who established a tradition at a club, which automatically results in a lot of trophies. For example, Sir Matt Busby, Bill Shankly and the likes. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case with Chelsea.
P.S. Just engaging in friendly banter, no offence meant
Yeah, we don't have an economics professor as our manager.
And yeah, we are deluded glory hunters, and you guys are born and brought up in North London. Whatever makes you happy.
I mean, same things repeated over and over again.Its like the mighty arsenal fans are still living in the medieval age, and think they hold the right to ridicule others, while their on-field performance is abysmal.
And I repeat, if your youth academy was so good, you would have started winning. That's what Barca does. Not Arsenal.
Then going by your logic,I will have to start supporting Man City because they are at the second position and they have thrashed you(defending champions).And even they are more physical than your squad with far more capable reserve players.I think this is the basic concept of "Glory Hunting".So after five years,if Man city wins something,you will be a Man city supporter.Great!!Got your point. .
For once get off your high horse and answer this simple question, why did you begin supporting Arsenal in the first place ?
Apart from Josh McEachran,how many of them have come form Chelsea you academy.How many successful players have come from Chelsea youth academy till now?Ohh my goodness,how much have we(Arsenal) spend till now.We always had player coming from youth rank ,we didn't create the whole squad with the money unlike yours. Chelsea is a winning machine.Period.If 4 Premier league titles have made you believe that,its good.But clubs have won much more than what you have won.What happened to winning machine last weekend? RM are the most successful club on the planet,but a Chelsea fan is challenging the fact.Great :)
whom are you kidding ? The times when you actually won trophies, your team were filled with Henry, Pires, Viera,Ljungberg,Bergcamp,Sol Campbell et al. And now that you have your youth academy products, you have won zilch.
Sometimes I do wonder , do you intentionally suppress the facts or are you simply not aware ?
And yeah, we are deluded glory hunters, and you guys are born and brought up in North London. Whatever makes you happy. I mean, same things repeated over and over again.Its like the mighty arsenal fans are still living in the medieval age, and think they hold the right to ridicule others, while their on-field performance is abysmal. And I repeat, if your youth academy was so good, you would have started winning. That's what Barca does. Not Arsenal.
So,only native people have right to support any club.Barca didn't win for five consecutive years(1999-2005),they were in transition phase.Does that make FC Barcelona youth academy crap. BTW,it was your inflammable comment,kids blah blah blah which sparked everything.You won,you played better.But what is point in ridiculing others and calling others kids and fixture where we are most confident. Accepted that our performance is abysmal,but your arrogance after winning only few things in recent past is even more ridiculous.
whom are you kidding ? The times when you actually won trophies, your team were filled with Henry, Pires, Viera,Ljungberg,Bergcamp,Sol Campbell et al. And now that you have your youth academy products, you have won zilch.
Sometimes I do wonder , do you intentionally suppress the facts or are you simply not aware ?
Ohh seriously,we have also won trophies with Winterburn,Tony Adams,Martin Keown,Ian Wright,Ashley Cole,Ray Parlour,Paul Merson.I don't think we won zilch with them. BTW,I am not aware of any fact about Arsenal.Just supporting it for the sake of supporting it.I hope this makes you happy.
For once get off your high horse and answer this simple question, why did you begin supporting Arsenal in the first place ?
Does it matter?
P.S-Enough of discussion and finally I concede that Chelsea rules the Europe.Won't post anymore on this thread because people have some serious issues with other club supporters and start questioning credentials before looking at their own post. We are kids,we can never win anything.The best way to win trophies is to emulate Chelsea.
Although I am not much of a football fan as you all are, but I believe merely pumping money doesnt ensure success. Like in IPL there should be a cap on the spending limit. Just imagine City spending 110 million for Pique.
Coming back to da current Chelsea team, I feel almost every player they hve is a potential match-winner. Now look at Man United. they hardly have any, barring rooney and van de saar(lord have mercy on the old fellow) Still they almost managed to win the title last season. One simple reason: Sir Alex:cheers: He extracted the best out of mediocre players like fletcher,valencia
I love da way Arsenal play. But they arent the team they were 5 yrs back,nor is liverpool(whats more is in store for them,fighting a relegation battle)
P.S-Enough of discussion and finally I concede that Chelsea rules the Europe.Won't post anymore on this thread because people have some serious issues with other club supporters and start questioning credentials before looking at their own post. We are kids,we can never win anything.The best way to win trophies is to emulate Chelsea.
Dude.. ppl hv been criticizing Wenger for the last 4 years.. did he resign.. well, u can take a cue from there..!! this thread is as much yours as anyone else's.. Football u kno, is not always the prettiest game and at times can get pretty ugly.. same is with this thread..!! But then at end of the day, all of us posting on this thread share the same passion and love for the game.. and had it not been for these friendly rivalries..it wudnt hv been any fun..!! :biggrin:
So cheers to the game.. and guys, don hit below the belt plz..!! :sneaky:
P.S- in typical sunny tone.. Tumhara Pakistan zindabad hoga..Par humara Hindustan zindabad tha, hai aur rahega.....!!
Dude.. ppl hv been criticizing Wenger for the last 4 years.. did he resign.. well, u can take a cue from there..!! this thread is as much yours as anyone else's.. Football u kno, is not always the prettiest game and at times can get pretty ugly.. same is with this thread..!! But then at end of the day, all of us posting on this thread share the same passion and love for the game.. and had it not been for these friendly rivalries..it wudnt hv been any fun..!! :biggrin:
So cheers to the game.. and guys, don hit below the belt plz..!! :sneaky:
P.S- in typical sunny tone.. Tumhara Pakistan zindabad hoga..Par humara Hindustan zindabad tha, hai aur rahega.....!!
Gunner 4 life..!!
Well said dude!!! Iam a BLUES supporter forever!!! but never hated or criticized badly any other team who lost against us bcoz i believe its against the sportsmanship!!! :D arey mamoo log tum khel khelo aur khel ke maje luton kahaan jhagde mein khaliphokat time waste karneka!!! long live FOOTBALL!!! long live PAGALGUY!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Ohh seriously,we have also won trophies with Winterburn,Tony Adams,Martin Keown,Ian Wright,Ashley Cole,Ray Parlour,Paul Merson.I don't think we won zilch with them. BTW,I am not aware of any fact about Arsenal.Just supporting it for the sake of supporting it.I hope this makes you happy. Does it matter?
P.S-Enough of discussion and finally I concede that Chelsea rules the Europe.Won't post anymore on this thread because people have some serious issues with other club supporters and start questioning credentials before looking at their own post. We are kids,we can never win anything.The best way to win trophies is to emulate Chelsea.
The point was that it's not always that Arsenal won everything with their home-grown players. Their youth academy is a bit over-rated. And all the hype about academy and young players are coming from Arsenal these days, simply because they cannot, or will not buy players who are worth more than 5 million. And whomsoever does so is branded by Arsenal fans as the destroyer of football.
Never said the best way to win trophies is to emulate Chelsea. But it extremely irritates me when people post things like "you have not won anything in 50 years, you have no history" time and again, and after that, brand us as "glory hunters". If we really were glory hunters, we would have supported Man Utd. or Arsenal over Chelsea. In those days, Chelsea were a mid-table, solid club, but couldn't dream of winning EPLs. Hardly a team to support if you are a glory hunter.
And lastly, what you said about me supporting City if they start winning after 5 years. The answer is No. Let me give you a small example : I've been following football from 1990 world cup. Argentina were world champions then, and everybody talked about Maradona. Naturally I got influenced and started supporting Argentina. From 1990-2010, they have won nothing. Hell, they haven't gone beyond quarters in most cases. Still I go on supporting them, and don't switch sides to Brazil, Italy or Germany. There is a starting point for everybody. That point is based on teams which are winning at that time, or have the potential to win in the future. I love Chelsea that way, and even if your hopes come true and Chelsea follow the paths of Leeds and Portsmouth, I'll still follow them in the league 2 or league 3, wherever they will be. I hope you get my point.
And please don't take these personally, and do post in this thread whenever you wish to. Just don't expect me to agree to everything you post. 😃
History--> really don't care about it. I am neither from London, nor am I a 50 year old following English league for the past 40 years that I will give a damn about a club's history. I'll rather support a club which is making history. If you really started supporting Arsenal for their history, good for you, but don't try to make everybody remember what Arsenal did 10 years ago whenever you lose a game. And obviously, no one will believe that there are chelsea fans in this subcontinent who supported the club even before Roman took control, so better chuck it. :)
Never said the best way to win trophies is to emulate Chelsea. But it extremely irritates me when people post things like "you have not won anything in 50 years, you have no history" time and again, and after that, brand us as "glory hunters". If we really were glory hunters, we would have supported Man Utd. or Arsenal over Chelsea. In those days, Chelsea were a mid-table, solid club, but couldn't dream of winning EPLs. Hardly a team to support if you are a glory hunter.
And lastly, what you said about me supporting City if they start winning after 5 years. The answer is No.I love Chelsea that way, and even if your hopes come true and Chelsea follow the paths of Leeds and Portsmouth, I'll still follow them in the league 2 or league 3, wherever they will be. I hope you get my point. Just don't expect me to agree to everything you post. :)
In one post you stated that you started supporting Chelsea when they were winning nothing.It was the time when they were mid table,solid club.You are no glory hunter. In another post,you stated that you will rather support a club which is making history. You can see the contradiction. Before Russian revolution,I don't think Chelsea was making any history. Sometimes I also wonder that either you don't have idea of why you support a club or you are too confused. I don't expect anyone to agree to everything i post.But similarly,I don't expect anyone to come up with acerbic and arrogant post slating any club. :) Couldn't resist,that's why made this post.
In one post you stated that you started supporting Chelsea when they were winning nothing.It was the time when they were mid table,solid club.You are no glory hunter. In another post,you stated that you will rather support a club which is making history. You can see the contradiction. Before Russian revolution,I don't think Chelsea was making any history. Sometimes I also wonder that either you don't have idea of why you support a club or you are too confused. I don't expect anyone to agree to everything i post.But similarly,I don't expect anyone to come up with acerbic and arrogant post slating any club. :) Couldn't resist,that's why made this post.
Well, I think we can discuss somethin else now...Its been few pages already, though on the brighter side its been ages since the thread moved so many pages in a single day :cheers:
This is an endless discussion..Over a period of time every team supporter is called gloryhunter, it started with United supporters and ist amzing to see people terming Chelsea supporters as the same...But anyways I request you all to please rest your case here...
We have so many other things to discuss like:
Euro Qualifiers LIverpool's relegation battle Manchester City's current form blah blah
Can someone start some other discussion m out of ideas as of now...
Well, I think we can discuss somethin else now...Its been few pages already, though on the brighter side its been ages since the thread moved so many pages in a single day :cheers:
This is an endless discussion..Over a period of time every team supporter is called gloryhunter, it started with United supporters and ist amzing to see people terming Chelsea supporters as the same...But anyways I request you all to please rest your case here...
We have so many other things to discuss like:
Euro Qualifiers LIverpool's relegation battle Manchester City's current form blah blah
Can someone start some other discussion m out of ideas as of now...
Well I am not terming any club's fan glory hunter.But tell me what's your perspective on this statement. I am neither from London, nor am I a 50 year old following English league for the past 40 years that I will give a damn about a club's history. I'll rather support a club which is making history.
Well I am not terming any club's fan glory hunter.But tell me what's your perspective on this statement. I am neither from London, nor am I a 50 year old following English league for the past 40 years that I will give a damn about a club's history. I'll rather support a club which is making history.
Forget it dude....
I really really wanna discuss the liverpool bid for relegation
1) De motivated players 2) Confused Manager 3) Even more confused owners:splat::splat::splat:
I know it wont be long before they come back stronger than ever but till then its given me a chance to screw my friends who were so damn irritating a couple of years back when liverpool gave manu a run for their money:splat::splat:
Am betting on Roy getting sacked in a couple of weeks wats say ppl????
Does anyone listen to the soccernet podcast? In that they have mentioned City's annual statement, which showed a huge loss of 120 million. A minor thing pointed out by the Dan Mason (the podcast host). City spent one and a half million pounds in the development of Eastlands, which included 30% increase in the size of the pies they serve. They have really ripped apart City on this issue, with statements like "they really are living the dream", and "did they use a pie chart to demonstrate the wages". :D
Really funny. Do listen to it if you get a chance.
Well I am not terming any club's fan glory hunter.But tell me what's your perspective on this statement. I am neither from London, nor am I a 50 year old following English league for the past 40 years that I will give a damn about a club's history. I'll rather support a club which is making history.
since you want to drag this again and again, why don't u get these facts into your head ?
Did anybody know that Roman will take over Chelsea and they will be the dominant side one day ? Of course not. The story goes, he initially chose Tottenham, but later changed his mind, etc etc. Similarly, I had at that point, no idea what Cheslea will achieve in the next few years. I was perfectly ok to support chelsea even if they didn't win anything over the years. Anyways, I support the "losers" in most cases, for example, in Serie A, I used to support Fiorentina, just because Batistuta played there.
Since you are so so obsessed with history, I just made it a point that I'll prefer to support a club making history, rather than living in history. You smartly took this line out of context and used it to ur own convenience.Very clever.
And you termed someone as a deluded gloryhunter, just because he/she supports Chelsea. Let me tell you, in that case, each and every supporter from the subcontinent is a gloryhunter, and that includes you. You supported Arsenal because it was winning, otherwise there were plenty of clubs whom u could have supported in EPL.
Anyway, no point talking to you on this matter anymore. You want to wear your holier-than-thou attitude as "most" of the Arsenal fans do these days. But next time when we beat you, bring up points pertaining to the game rather than your daily dose of history lesson. End of.
I really really wanna discuss the liverpool bid for relegation
1) De motivated players 2) Confused Manager 3) Even more confused owners:splat::splat::splat:
I know it wont be long before they come back stronger than ever but till then its given me a chance to screw my friends who were so damn irritating a couple of years back when liverpool gave manu a run for their money:splat::splat:
Am betting on Roy getting sacked in a couple of weeks wats say ppl????
Really sad to see Pool in this kind of soup, Just hope they bring on their A game in near future. Losing to blackpool at home, WTH, the Anfield faithfuls deserve better.