Fantasy Super Selector - Cricket

Hello fellow Cricket Followers/Fans/Fanatics, I was thinking of introducing a predictive game(on the lines of Super Selector) to add more spice to the already up-to-the-brim cricket interest in the game of Cricket, especially on Pagalguy! …

Hello fellow Cricket Followers/Fans/Fanatics,

I was thinking of introducing a predictive game(on the lines of Super Selector) to add more spice to the already up-to-the-brim cricket interest in the game of Cricket, especially on Pagalguy!

So, here's what I think, we can do.
To begin with let's keep it pretty simple(we can add the variations as we move along)...

a. Before every match, we choose 5 cricketers.(batsmen, bowlers, wicketkeepers, or plain fielders!)

b. Each run these players score give us one point, each wicket these players take give us 25. Catches/Stumpings give us 5 points each(for those who are in our Team obviously!)

---Edited Later:- 10 Bonus points for a 100/4 wicket haul, 20 for a 200 or more/7 or more wickets in an innings(more difficult to take 7 wickets in an innings than to score a double century!)

c. The choosing of our Team(team of 5 players that is), ends one hour before the match begins.

d. At the end of the match, the participant whose team scores the maxium no. of points for him, wins!(Lo and behold!)

Basically, very similar to the Super Selector that we would have played!

As for the variations, we can bring 'em later, when we get bored of this(in the meantime we can all start thinking of such variations)

What say? We can kick off with the India's tour to WI, and if we have enough people interested, we can extend it to the other series as well(SAf-NZ for e.g.!)

Edit:- Check out post No. 12 on this thread for PISS001
Edit:- Check out post No. 427 on this thread for PISS002

Suggestions/Comments/Brickbats are welcome!

Sun

just one change, if we are going to start a new thread altogether, then why not actually have 11 players in the team!!!!! and actually have a fantasy league!!!!! i kno there might be calculation hassles but m ready to take up the responsibilty to do that!!!!!
we can keep on modifying later!!!!!!!

just one change, if we are going to start a new thread altogether, then why not actually have 11 players in the team!!!!! and actually have a fantasy league!!!!! i kno there might be calculation hassles but m ready to take up the responsibilty to do that!!!!!
we can keep on modifying later!!!!!!!

Mate,

Other than the 11 players, I am ready to rate the players as well, and have people choosing players worth a sum total of 1000 points only. The only glitch that I see in this is, after a coupla series, there would be only 3-4 of us regulars left who would actually sit and think out our team, it may get cumbersome for others. Why I said 3 or 5 was that it is much easier that ways. If we do see that more people are getting attracted towards it, we can slowly increase it over the period of time...alrite?

Still, if everyone's ok with having a 11 member team, right from the beginning, I am game!(as always!)

Sun
Mate,

Other than the 11 players, I am ready to rate the players as well, and have people choosing players worth a sum total of 1000 points only. The only glitch that I see in this is, after a coupla series, there would be only 3-4 of us regulars left who would actually sit and think out our team, it may get cumbersome for others. Why I said 3 or 5 was that it is much easier that ways. If we do see that more people are getting attracted towards it, we can slowly increase it over the period of time...alrite?

Still, if everyone's ok with having a 11 member team, right from the beginning, I am game!(as always!)

Sun
when having an 11 member team we will keep it simple!!!! aka following the super selector rules!!!! games for 1 month duration types!!!! including all matches!!!!!think that would be more interesting!!!!!

aneways u decide and tell me!!!! m ready for anything!!!!
Hello fellow Cricket Followers/Fans/Fanatics,

I was thinking of introducing a predictive game(on the lines of Super Selector) to add more spice to the already up-to-the-brim cricket interest in the game of Cricket, especially on Pagalguy!

So, here's what I think, we can do.
To begin with let's keep it pretty simple(we can add the variations as we move along)...

a. Before every match, we choose 3 cricketers.(batsmen, bowlers, wicketkeepers, or plain fielders!)

b. Each run these players score give us one point, each wicket these players take give us 25. Catches/Stumpings give us 5 points each(for those who are in our Team obviously!)

c. The choosing of our Team(team of 3 players that is), ends one hour before the match begins.

d. At the end of the match, the participant whose team scores the maxium no. of points for him, wins!(Lo and behold!)

Basically, very similar to the Super Selector that we would have played!

As for the variations, we can bring 'em later, when we get bored of this(in the meantime we can all start thinking of such variations)

What say? We can kick off with the India's tour to WI, and if we have enough people interested, we can extend it to the other series as well(SAf-NZ for e.g.!)

Yes, its a pretty acceptable format to start off with. And count me in for all matches. Be it BAN - ZIM

Suggestions/Comments/Brickbats are welcome!

Sun

I feel five players a side is a better option. Gives us more flexibility and better fallback options. Should make the game more competitive.

And what about bonus points for 50s, hundreds and five wicket hauls. May be we can have 5 extra points for 50s and 10 for a hundred or five wicket haul.

Can't come up with any brickbats for the time being, but will try my best...Promise!!!

well thought would post rules of the 11 team game!!!! then people might understand better!!!!!

team will have 11 players!!!!

5 batsmen, 4 bowlers, 1 wicket keeper, and 1 all rounder!!!!!

1run - 1 point and 1 wicket - 25 points!!!! catches/runouts/ stumpings - 10 points!!!!!

3 subs per month!!!!!

game from 1st to 30th/31st of every month!!!!! includes all international games!!!!

this is rough outline!!!! if gets enough support will post properly!!!!

and yes m ready to take the resposibilty of calculating everything!!!!!

I feel five players a side is a better option.

And what about bonus points for 50s, hundreds and five wicket hauls. May be we can have 5 extra points for 50s and 10 for a hundred or five wicket haul.

Can't come up with any brickbats for the time being, but will try my best...Promise!!!

Incorporated some of your ideas, waiting for the brickbats!

Sun

hey gimme atleast an iota of credit.the thread idea was my brainchild.:)
anyway,me leaving 4 the day.hard pressed by time.i"ll post my suggestions 2morrow.

hey gimme atleast an iota of credit.the thread idea was my brainchild.:)
anyway,me leaving 4 the day.hard pressed by time.i"ll post my suggestions 2morrow.

:)...The excitement of having the SS returning back blanked my brains totally!
Thanks a million mate!

Sun
Yes, its a pretty acceptable format to start off with. And count me in for all matches. Be it BAN - ZIM

I feel five players a side is a better option. Gives us more flexibility and better fallback options. Should make the game more competitive.

mates i bliv the 3/5 ka funda is fine...

i will b our beta version....after initial success we will make it th full-fledged 11 players....

we will make the WI sseries as our launch date...

Guys plz told me that is it the airtel super selector which one has to play thru mobile phone and get his accounte chucked out

or is this the old ss with net and id only

( in old ss I finished my best the rank of 725 in one mnth )

Alrite Friends,

We are here with the first edition of the PGSSL(PagalGuy Super Selector League), i.e. PGSSL001!

As mentioned above, we have decided to keep the rules simple, and are as follows:-

a. This PGSSL001 is for the India versus WI ODI series, 2006, with the first ODI starting on 18th of May.

b. It will end on 28th May, 2006, after the last ODI.

c. A participant has to choose 5 players of his/her choice(no restriction on batsmen/bowler/keeper/fielder!). The players can be chosen till before an hour before the match, i.e. if the match is at 1930 hours IST, you can choose ur team till 1830 hours, after which the team will be frozen.

d. Scoring:- 1 run = 1 point, 1 wicket = 25 points and 1 catch/stumping/runout* = 5 points

*Edited on 15th May, 2006:- We will follow the scorecard mentioned in www.cricinfo.com. So, in case of runouts, if we have 2 people mentioned in the card, we give both of 'em 5 points

e. Bonus Points:- Player scoring a ton gets 20 points bonus, same goes with a player picking up 4 wickets.

f. Substitutions:- The participant is entitled 3 substitutions during this PGSSL001. The substitutions can be done only before a match,(till one hour before the match obviously), and CANNOT be done during the match.
You can change ur teams till one hour before the start of the series without losing any substitutions!!

g. Winner:- The participant with the most no. of points at the end of PGSSL001 will be delared the winner.

h. Tie:- In case of a tie, there will be a countback system used, i.e. in this case, the scores at the end of the 4th ODI will be seen, and the one leading will be declared the winner. In case, it is still a tie, the same will continue for the 3rd ODI and so on. In case the scores are same for all ODIs, all the concerned participants will be declared winners!

i. And lastly, the scoring will be done by none other than our statistician-in-charge Chetan Narula. If he decides to field his own team(which is definitely gonna have a certain SRT!), the scoring for his team will be taken over by one of us!

For any other doubts/queries, feel free to contact me!

Schedule:-
1st ODI - 18th May 2006
2nd ODI - 20th May 2006
3rd ODI - 23rd May 2006
4th ODI - 26th May 2006
5th ODI - 28th May 2006

Sun

P.S. You can start posting ur teams now!

P.P.S We will come up with more variations as we move along!

i. And lastly, the scoring will be done by none other than our statistician-in-charge Chetan Narula. If he decides to field his own team(which is definitely gonna have a certain SRT!), the scoring for his team will be taken over by one of us!

For any other doubts/queries, feel free to contact me!

Sun

P.S. You can start posting ur teams now!

P.P.S We will come up with more variations as we move along!

Err...SRT? Damaged Elbow, Shoulder...et all? I don't think he's going to play this series, or is he?

Yes, the rules look perfect to me. Well done, Sun! But then, didn't expect anything lesser from you!

I'll post my team on the 18th. So that last minute non tourers or injuries are ruled out. Good luck to all of ya and of course the Best Luck to ME!!!

Oh, BTW, what's the prize for the winner? A self paid trip to Mumbai and a dinner with Sun? I am game!

I am ready for it .. and one things for sure .. each team will have Dhoni in it.. so lets make it 4 a side with Dhoni as the 5th default player

But the basic point is that its difficult to calculate and keep the trak of things w/o a software....We play something similar like this in soccer http://fantasy.premierleague.com ..... Once espnstar starts with the super selector thing...May be then we all can join and have our leagues and teams there and it'l be easy to compete and keep track of things.

Cheers!!!!!
But the basic point is that its difficult to calculate and keep the trak of things w/o a software....We play something similar like this in soccer http://fantasy.premierleague.com ..... Once espnstar starts with the super selector thing...May be then we all can join and have our leagues and teams there and it'l be easy to compete and keep track of things.
Cheers!!!!!

Yes mate,

Once espnstar does bring on their original SS, we can definitely do that, but there was a glitch even earleir there, it was not a free SS, people had to pay 50 bucks per team. So, it may be difficult for many people to join in.

Secondly, talking about scoring, there are 2 of us for the same, Chetan as the main scorer, and me to back him up with it, right now we do not see any problems, as such. If we feel the need later, we can think of ways to circumvent any such problem, and that's simply becoz, we are talking of only two teams, playing ODIs right now. The problem may arise when there are more teams we decide to include, but then, I have full faith in Chetan for the scoring to go on without any glitches!

So, right now, just form ur team, put it here, and enjoy the game!

Sun

hey ya,

count me in..

looking forward to it....
its been a long time since i hv used my permutaions n combinations

this one is gonna rock

I would like to take part. When is it starting.:grab: :grab: :grab: :grab:

prnwin Says
I would like to take part. When is it starting.:grab: :grab: :grab: :grab:

It's started buddy, this one holds good for the ODI series between India and WI, so u can start choosing ur team from today, now! U can put ur 5 member team and make any changes u wanna, till before the match. None of these would count against ur 3 substitutions, so go ahead and make ur team.

For further clarifications, refer to post no. 12!

Sun