DoMS NITT Admissions 2011-13 Queries and related discussions

Hello Aspirants, This thread is dedicated for all your queries regarding DoMS NITT. FAQs:- Q1.What is the admission process for getting into DoMS NITT for MBA? DoMS NITT follows a two stage process for admitting candidates to its MBA p…

Hello Aspirants,
This thread is dedicated for all your queries regarding DoMS NITT.
FAQs:-
Q1.What is the admission process for getting into DoMS NITT for MBA?

DoMS NITT follows a two stage process for admitting candidates to its MBA programme. CAT score is used to shortlist the candidates. Candidates thus shortlisted are invited for Group Discussion/Personal Interview.

Q2.What are the programmes offered?

->2 year Full-time MBA
->Ph.D programme is offered in the department in all the functional areas of management.

All about MBA at NIT Trichy PaGaLGuY article
All about the MBA at NIT Trichy | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Past DoMS NITT Admissions threads
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/doms-nit-trichy-admissions-2010-2012-25047237
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/doms-nit-trichy-mba-aspirants-2009-2011-25033204
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-doms-nit-trichy-2008-10-25026915
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-doms-nit-trichy-2007-25017399
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nit-trichy-2006-25013845
life@ DoMS NITT thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-doms-nitt-25056696
DoMS Website
Home Page of the Department of Management Studies - NIT Trichy
NITT Website
NIT, Trichy

DoMS NITT Blog
mindscape

hi manjusha
good going ..helping out the aspirants know more about our institution.

hi pagals pour out any clarifications that you would require about DoMS-NITT.
But please be patient if we are not able to answer your queries immediately. We would answer your queries whenever we login to pg.
Guys we are in the process of updating our website, you might find the site slow at times.

Best wishes for CAT 10

Hello Seniors !
I've 3 years of work experience in an IT firm and will be writing CAT in Nov, 2010. I am looking forward to apply to NIT Trichy. Could you please answer my below queries :

1) When will be the notification out for 2011 batch ?
2) For a 3 years work ex. guy, how fruitful will it be to join NITT. Please consider factors such as industry interface, global exposure, placements,etc.

Please reply. Thanks ! 😁

Hello Seniors !
I've 3 years of work experience in an IT firm and will be writing CAT in Nov, 2010. I am looking forward to apply to NIT Trichy. Could you please answer my below queries :

1) When will be the notification out for 2011 batch ?
2) For a 3 years work ex. guy, how fruitful will it be to join NITT. Please consider factors such as industry interface, global exposure, placements,etc.

Please reply. Thanks ! :D

well buddy to answer ur quaries

1)notification for 2011-13 batch will be out soon..most probably by early november..
2)Regarding your workex.it is always good to come to study MBA having workex,in fact students in our batch do have good amount of workex ranging from couple of months to upto 4 years and more in various fields like IT,manufacturing,pharma in reputed companies.Almost 40+ people in our batch do have such work experience..

hence its nothing to worry about it.best of luck for your CAT.

hi future domsions.how is your preparation for cat going??those wanting to join doms .good news....summer place ment for our batch started with a fortune 500 company visiting campus for summer intern in data analytics ..and the stipend is really irresistible for two months!!!!!....this means a good headstart for our batch. Kudos to Place com
lets see what lies ahead in future...but anyway doms nit trichy rocks !!!!!!!

good luck....

Few queries......
What is the cutoff for OBC catgry last year?
Any weight given to profile, workex or CAT score alone is imp for recieving GDPI call?
Thanks in advance

Few queries......
What is the cutoff for OBC catgry last year?
Any weight given to profile, workex or CAT score alone is imp for recieving GDPI call?
Thanks in advance

for OBC NC category students anything better than 70 percentile was a good score to convert according to last years scenario.this year it might change.again its totally comparative to others....

Not only for DOMS but any Bschool in India gives special weightage to profile and workex...Doms is no exception....but again huge depends on how do you perform in GD/PI.that is why last year a guy whom I met during interview could not convert it despite having 2+ years of workex at TCS but many without any workex did....

hope I have cleared your doubt.best of luck for your CAT
and to all future DOMSIAN you can mail me any questions at [email protected]

what is the the ratio of number of seats to the number of students called for gd/pi?

abhay.thakur Says
what is the the ratio of number of seats to the number of students called for gd/pi?

1:7 ratio is followed while short listing people for gdpi
total strength is 93 so most probably the shortlist will include nearly 700 students

When will be the apps open? will the last date be after results?

@ DoMS NITT Seniors

I am interested in applying for the course and I have a query, it is like how is the placement season going on?

Arvyndz Says
When will be the apps open? will the last date be after results?

the applications might come out by the end of november
the applications might be open for maximum of 30-35 days, so most probably the application last date ends b4 cat results....
@ DoMS NITT Seniors

I am interested in applying for the course and I have a query, it is like how is the placement season going on?

placement season starts in aug every year, presently due to some reasons we are not supposed to give you the companies which came this year
i am providing you the link of placement brochure where u can check the companies which offered campus placement
http://http://www.nitt.edu/home/academics/departments/management/placements/
bits n bytes Says
Could you please tell us what was the average, median and minimum salary offered for the 2010 Batch??

you seem to be very keen about the median n minimum salary
anyways thats what students normally ask for.....

i am providin you all the stats
max package was 10lakhs
average is around 6lpa
minimum is around 4.5lpa
and the median salary was 5.5-6

hi there
can anyone tell me when the forms for admission in nit trichy starts for 2011-3 session
thanx in advance

Suhas ji

you are doing a commendable job..
yaar i am just reminded of the days when our seniors(before joining they were just pgs:)) used to guide us through the process...mm.. nostalgia caught my head..
hi guys u can ask us questions regarding various activities
also like the committees, clubs, trips and many others.

Suhasji lagge raho

hi there
can anyone tell me when the forms for admission in nit trichy starts for 2011-3 session
thanx in advance

hey i have already replied for this in my previous posts plz check dem

anyways for ur information i am providin it again it will out by the end of this month
HAI MAM,
10th-88%
12th-95%
b.com-95%(final year)
icwa(inter)-60%
nse certification in financial markets-83%
i have also worked on some research papers and have a good track record of co-curric and xtra curricular activities.
AN AVERAGE PERFORMANCE IN CAT:-( but being a commerce student, i dont think i would be able to get that cut off in the cat.so can i expect a call on the basis of my profile(i belong to the general category)????pls help...

Hi Pavan

You have a pretty good profile. DoMS-NITT does not give calls based only on profiles.
The CAT percentile is the basic criteria of shortlisting for GD-PI. The cut off last year was 83 percentile for general category. Your profile will help you during your PI.
Once you are screened for GD-PI, your performance in GD and PI matters.
Do well in GD-PI.
For your information the notification of DoMS-NITT will be out this weekend most probably.
Keep your fingers crossed.
jinson Says
The cut off last year was 83 percentile for general category.

dude, what is the cutoff for OBC?