dissapointing score

Took my gmat a week back.got a low score of 650 :disappointed: no enthu to take the test one more time…with my profile - masters in economics, 3 years work ex in finance…are there any schools where i can apply?also is it true in some cases, sc…

Took my gmat a week back.got a low score of 650 😞 no enthu to take the test one more time..with my profile - masters in economics, 3 years work ex in finance..are there any schools where i can apply?also is it true in some cases, schools are looking out for female candidates so they have a slightly better chance with a lower score?

oxomiya Says
Took my gmat a week back.got a low score of 650 😞 no enthu to take the test one more time..with my profile - masters in economics, 3 years work ex in finance..are there any schools where i can apply?also is it true in some cases, schools are looking out for female candidates so they have a slightly better chance with a lower score?

Post here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/need-help-610-q-47-v27-25023998

With 650 score you still can apply to various b-schools.
I know most of people consider this as a poor score, it's not a deal breaker. In fact I dont call it a bad score at all.

Plus, GMAT is just one of the factors of section criteria.
With solid profile and great application package you can even apply to best b-schools in the world!

HarshaRocks has provided a link of "Phoren B-schools assistance desk" thread.
Put your query there... 😃

oxomiya Says

Your score of 650 would have been very low, had you been an engineer. You have a very big plus point and that is your qualification (Masters in Eco) and working area. I am not sure about girls getting preferential treatement at any B-school.

If you are not willing to go for GMAT again, try to build a solid profile and may be you can go for some certifications in finance field itself. With this, you will have a reasonably good chance to get in a good b-school.

Arun

Hi,

I took my GMAT on 15th Aug, got a disappointing score of 630. I am planning to take GMAT after 1 month or so. First thing, i really dont know how to tackle sentence correction.
(1) Can you suggest some good preparatory material for SC?
(2) I already sent the scores to ISB,MARSHALL,NANYANG. I know that this score is not gonna land up me anywhere with a ubiquitous software background. What are the chances if i get a good score say above 700 in the coming month and then i reapply?
(3) Is there a kind of reluctancy among the admission commitee to take only the first timers ( appearing GMAT only once)?

BTW i am working for a bank's software division in Sanfrancisco with 4 years of WorkEX.
And i have an average grades(70%) in Engg.

Please let me know some direction about this.

Thanks,
Sanjeev