Bradford MBA - 2009 intake

Hi, i am new to this forum. I got offer from bradford and Glasgow. I am not sure how these universities are reputed in India. Could some one share any idea on this. Also, is there any one who is joining the 2009 intake for bradford …

Hi,

i am new to this forum. I got offer from bradford and Glasgow.

I am not sure how these universities are reputed in India.

Could some one share any idea on this. Also, is there any one who is joining the 2009 intake for bradford MBA.

Regards,
Arun

Hi,
There is not much to seperate the two MBA programs, Bradford used to be much higher in the rankings earlier but is slipping in the rankings now. What are the fee structures of both and have you been offered scholarship by either?

Bradford - 19,500 GBP
Glasgow - 17,000 GBP but they offer 10% discount in course fee

How is job opportunities in UK after studies. pls advice. have u applied for any of these universities.

Job scene is UK is not good right now. Once you finish your MBA you shall get a 2 year work permit but will that lead to a good job? Not necessarily. Out of these two, i would suggest you go for Glasgow if you must join either of the two. You will have to work really hard in your MBA to land up with a good job.

What is your academic profile and work experience. Have you written GMAT, accordingly i and other members at PG would be able to advise you. You can also try this thread for guidance.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956

I have 5 years of experience in Warehouse management system(WMS) related to supply chain
I havent taken GMAT yet.

B.E(I.T) - 77.5%
12th - 92.5%
10th - 78%

I want to persue MBA (focus on operations management).

Pls advice

Clearly, you are good academically. I shall advice you to write GMAT. With a profile like yours you can easily get into a Top 50 B-school. I shall advice you to prepare for GMAT, try to achieve a score of 700 + which would not be tough for you, i believe. If you wrap up your GMAT by the end of August, you would be in a position to apply in round 1 for the session starting next fall. That way, you will maxmize your chances of scholarship too.

Do not go for Bradford or Glasgow, they are not worth your profile. Also, i will advise you to attend the QS World MBA tour in July in case you stay in Delhi or Mumbai.

Hi,

i am new to this forum. I got offer from bradford and Glasgow.

I am not sure how these universities are reputed in India.

Could some one share any idea on this. Also, is there any one who is joining the 2009 intake for bradford MBA.

Regards,
Arun

I have 5 years of experience in Warehouse management system(WMS) related to supply chain
I havent taken GMAT yet.

B.E(I.T) - 77.5%
12th - 92.5%
10th - 78%

I want to persue MBA (focus on operations management).

Pls advice

How are the 2 underlined lines coming together ? If you have not yet taken GMAT how come you get offers from the b schools ?

For Bradford and Glasgow it is not mandatory to take the GMAT.

Thanks for your info....I think it is too late for September intake as most of the colleges might have closed their admissions. Is it possible for me to write GMAT and apply for those top 50 within September 2009.

Also which colleges you suggest based on my profile. Thanks for helping me with this. BTW r u a student of any of teh B schools or you are also applying for an MBA Sep 2009.

I am also an applicant like you. I have got an offer from a few schools from UK for this session but i do not believe i shall accept them. I wrote the GMAT a bit late, in April, so i am targetting January, 2010 and fall 2010 even. It's always useful to apply in the first round which is by October for most top schools. This also increases chances of scholarship.
If you write GMAT now, you can target January session for some top schools like HEC Paris for example.

Oh good. If u are fine can i know your background. R u from IT background. Any idea how many B schools has January session like HEC Paris. R u aiming to top schools. may i know ur B-school preferences. By this i will have some idea too :-)

is there any US B-schools which has Jan session

I have about 5 years of workex in the IT sector. My GMAT score is 710, Academics -good, not awesome, extracurriculars- good.
Check out a sticky thread here called "Abroad B School Deadlines" in this forum itself. It's really good.

I have not yet finalised on which B schools to apply for 2010 start. I will decide by mid July. I am staying in Delhi, how about you?

arunmoz,
I to have an admit from Bradford and Glasgow. I am waiting on Nottingham and am keen to go for it if I get through. Also looking out for SPjain GMBA, which is my first preference

Also, the 10% discount in Glasgow course fee is only for Glasgow graduates, have you studied there before? Today is the deadline for 2 scholarships from Bradford. I am trying my luck.

Good. I still didnt get my offer from Bradford. Do u really thing Bradford MBA is worth. Pls advise as I am confused.

Do u intend to go for Bradford if you didnt get through Nottingham.

R u planning to apply for US MBA or UK program. Also u GMAT score is very good. I don't have any idea abt GMAT. How long u prepared for it. Will it be easy for me. to be frank my English is not that good to secure good marks like u in GMAT :-)

BTW i am from Chennai working IT company.

hi,
Yes I am most probably going this year.. my preference is SPJ ,Nottingham ,Bradford. The MBA is definitely worth, it has been raked continuously in the top 100 for YEARS now so there should not be any qualms about the course. Getting a job there will be a big problem but I would like to come back to India and try my luck here. I believe I have a good profile and I don't think getting a job back here would be a problem.

I have not made a decision now, but I will in a couple of weeks.

I haven't given GMAT dude, I gave the bradford test. If I dont make it this year I will try for US, but after a couple of years there by giving me a good chance for scholarships

I got only offer via mail from Bradford. I didn't get any hard or soft copy of the offer letter. I have sent a mail today. So, when is the course getting started in Brad. R u from IT background. How much of work experience u have.

What specialization u intend to pursue.

it takes some 3-4 weeks on an avg.you will have to meet their conditions and pay 4K pounds to book ur seat.Course starts in Sep end. I am from IT background too, have SAP experience and looking at specilizing in SCM. Infact i have an MS offer from Cranfield which is best in SCM, but the course is as costly as Glasgow mba.