[Beta] PaGaLGuY gets a brand new Homepage!

Dear all, 3 months ago we gave you a better forum. Now we give you a better Home page - PaGaLGuY.com - India’s biggest CAT 2009, MBA website ! Goals of this homepage: 1) A long overdue upgrade in terms of a more contemporary look an…

Dear all,

3 months ago we gave you a better forum. Now we give you a better Home page - PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest CAT 2009, MBA website !

Goals of this homepage:

1) A long overdue upgrade in terms of a more contemporary look and feel. The earlier design was so 1998.

2) Larger and more readable typeface - Arial/Helvetica 12. Upgrade from 800x600 to 1024x768 - long overdue!

3) Better integration with the forum.

4) Move from a News Portal metaphor to a Blog metaphor to increase the scope of articles on homepage. More coverage of community activities.

5) Integration with the Forum calendar. Now whatever you enter in the Forum calendar goes on homepage. Why is this important? PG Meets. Better display for community activities and meets on the homepage, thereby leading to more participation by more crazy and diverse set of people and puy converts.

The Homepage is in beta - which means that like in the case of the Forum, it will be improved based on community feedback and needs. So post away your likes, dislikes, suggestions, ideas etc here so that we can see what can be implemented.

Cheers

Apurv

Awesome work PGHQ :thumbsup: as always!

The new homepage looks much better, neat and yes, contemporary too. But I would still like the "From the Forums" section on the extreme left :.

Also the CAT e-book should have a different name. : Right now it looks like something to do with preparation.

Edit : The search results now show up on a different page. That's good. :D

Continue the good work, PGHQ! We Pagals love you :D

Regards
AFC

Hmmmm..A new look..
kinda difficult to digest..atleast till i get used to this new home page..
When i typed pagalguy.com i was expecting the same home page which i've been seeing for so many years now ...but then what do i see...!!!!!!!!

For a moment i was like"Is this pagalguy or some fake wannabe pagalguy types site"..
so i went back and googled PAGALGUY and clicked on the link expecting the old site..."Damn again the fake site"....Suddenly it struck me that "Dude this is pagalguy"
Sorry but i dont like the colour combination...tooooo dullllll...

i cannot comment any further but this site now looks soALIEN!!!!

But atleast the treads look the same..So i'll continue posting but sorry guys the look of the new homepage looks like some really old blog....

Mods please dont ban me for thses comments..
I love pagalguy but i HATE the new look....:nono::nono::nono:

The Forum integration looks gr8.....
But I think it will take time before we will be able to adjust to the new homepage....
Change is The LAW of nature. So be it....

Pleasantly surprised to see the new home page. For a moment, I thought as if PG home page couldn't load properly into my browser! Only a few seconds later, I realised that a new transition has been brought by the PG team. One thing that I liked in the new version is that it is able to overcome the clutterness of the previous version to an extent and is more user-firendly (in terms of ease of readability). I'll keep suggesting the changes as and when I feel the need for such a change!

Thanks guys. Colour combinations and brightness are a tacky issue. We always 'feel' that more lively colours would make something look good, but that is not the case. Brighter colors end up increasing the strain on the eyes and come in the way of the main goal of the site, ie reading text comfortably. Those who saw the bright green version of the forum 3 months ago would identify with what I'm saying!

Cheers,
Apurv

: New PG homepage....Just some months back SB was also kinda changed..So many changes, so fast..A bit hard to digest for oldies( ya, considerably Old Puy ) like me :..Like the other puys have said, this is gonna take some time to get used to for sure..
@tanmay_mba: Ya dude, change is the law of nature, but old is gold :cliche: ;)..

Well New home page... will take time to adjust to the new look.. But core of pagalguy remains the same.. The ocean of knowledge and you get each and everything about CAT.. once gets adapted it will be same old Pagalguy.. Somebody has rightly said Change takes some time to adapt..

: New PG homepage....Just some months back SB was also kinda changed..So many changes, so fast..A bit hard to digest for oldies( ya, considerably Old Puy ) like me :..Like the other puys have said, this is gonna take some time to get used to for sure..
@tanmay_mba: Ya dude, change is the law of nature, but old is gold :cliche: ;)..

@cat=chimera you are right dude....

As abishek said , posted forum can come to the left and the news to the right.. and ofcourse colour can improve ...

anyways great going PGHQ:cheerio::cheerio:

the new look is so awsome.....
thanks a ton to everybody involved...

Change as always is refreshing...although had the side scroll missing..
n as i click on a forum m guided to the first post...........No smileys n side scroll kaha gaya..............think there is a bug in mozilla...check out..

Lemme make me confortable vid de new type....n den vill give the feedback..
till then PG roks...

Thanks guys. Colour combinations and brightness are a tacky issue. We always 'feel' that more lively colours would make something look good, but that is not the case. Brighter colors end up increasing the strain on the eyes and come in the way of the main goal of the site, ie reading text comfortably. Those who saw the bright green version of the forum 3 months ago would identify with what I'm saying!

Cheers,
Apurv

Yaah!! I agree to your points about reading comfortability (also seems that this version is more economical from many aspects of the virtual world) but what i feel about the new look is .. it is very very dense and looks too serious.. it falls short of embleming the insanity.. ultimately pagal sirf andar se hi nahi bahar se bhi to dikhna chahiye ..
Then, too, Kudos to PG HQ for gifting us a new look just like a drizzle of monsoon after scorching summer.. ultimately change is the only constant ..huh?

Its good! Taking into account the fact we all don't appreciate changes to things (and web pages ) we are so used to, its simply superb!

Great presentation..its a visual delight and ease of use/access. Again, a great job by PG HQ

Edit: How do I enter into "my account" section from homepage?

EXCELLENT WORK once again from PGHQ!! Liked the new look a lot. Just one thing, when i open a thread from the homepage, why does it open in a new window?

Kudos once again to PGHQ!!! Keep'em coming!!

Hey how can i go to my account directly from the home page... Link missing.

Everything else is looking good, and organised in a better manner.. though its a bit difficult for us to get adjusted to this beta version..

Great Job Done!! (Oh god, I am talking like a manager now!!)

Hey how can i go to my account directly from the home page... Link missing.

Everything else is looking good, and organised in a better manner.. though its a bit difficult for us to get adjusted to this beta version..

Great Job Done!! (Oh god, I am talking like a manager now!!)

yeah,
even i was looking for the same thing and was looking to post this query...
thanks tripuraj for posting it...:)

yeah,same problem with me but anyways its an awesome version and easy to use but when we click to the updates from forums,they open up in a new tab and again the scroll is missing and no direct page for our announcements forum.i guess you guys must be working on these issues.overall a very PUYS friendly,easy to use and better version.i liked this new PG avatar.
kudos to PGHQ.:

Great look , much compact and it looks modern, though I couldn't find the My account link on the home page , i hope they place this link beside the one where our user name is placed