Best places that you have visited

hi all…thought wud a start a thread on tourism in india here…which places have u enjoyed visiting…places good for what they had to offer, or good because of how they offered…whatever…as for me…travelled a bit…some of the bet…

hi all....thought wud a start a thread on tourism in india here.....which places have u enjoyed visiting....places good for what they had to offer, or good because of how they offered...whatever....as for me.....travelled a bit.....some of the better places i thought were jaipur( very friendly to outsiders), most of the temple towns down south.....they are structural marvels..... khandala.....heck of a place to enjoy when with friends......but probably the best place has to be kerala..... haven't travelled much in the state...but from what i've seen , i surely envy the folks staying there...... ppl are very easy-going and nature blends in with civilization......after having stayed in concrete jungles for the better part of my life....that trip was a welcome change.... do drop in with ur opinions on this......

cheers

HI,
I went to Coonoor, little further than Ooty. It's a very beautiful town, not as crowded as Ooty. What can i say : It was the most amazing experience i ever had on a hill station.

Trekking in Sakleshpur: Near Mangalore, we went on the Railway tracks (abandoned). The views were simply breath taking.

Manu

I went to Coonoor, little further than Ooty. It's a very beautiful town, not as crowded as Ooty

yeah...i too had heard that coonoor was a beautiful town....was at coimbatore for a short period last year.....couldn't catch up on those places though......n talking of hill stations, i've been to a small place called hogennakal...real nice town on the karnataka-tn border ( a veerappan hideout, i'm told) .....been to mussorie in the north...but thought it was a bit too crowded and a bit unclean.....

cheers

hi,
Some of the best places I've ever been to are
a) The Bangalore-Mangalore Highway - The scenary is simply awesome
b) The beaches of Porbandar and Somnath with Diu nearby

I've heard the konkan railway route is cool - never been through but must visit sometime.

The Bangalore-Mangalore Highway - The scenary is simply awesome

Further north the sun-kissed beaches and temples are also a treat

khandala.....heck of a place to enjoy when with friends

Matheran is also pretty relaxed ... the narrow gauge journey is cool

n talking of hill stations, i've been to a small place called hogennakal...real nice town on the karnataka-tn border ( a veerappan hideout, i'm told)

Mudumalai - the place to be - with friends for fun and chilling out ...
had been to jungle resorts and jungle huts - the place is really well maintained - tree-house et al

hey i feel Darjeling is a good place.
But Goa is cool. i really liked it.

hey i feel shimla is good place.
but nainital is cooool.
waise both places have good crowd.

The best place on this earth is Sikkim....

Its a lovely place. Low population. Quite surroundings. Beautiful environment. Friendly people.... blah blah...

Its a must visit in one's lifetime...

Kyon na ho...afterall my Birth place...

Kyon na ho...afterall my Birth place...

it sure is man!! went there sometime in july 2000..(watched the Euro 2000 finals from the hotel )...loved Kufri very much, the horse ride to the top of a hill...where the guide showed some mountains and told tat was the Chinese Border ...also some neat college,which was where Preity Zinta had studied (!)...the clock tower, the neat hotels and the Onions with Vinegar!! :-)
wud love to go there again 😃

Has anybody heard about JABALPUR???? 😛

r.

wud love to go there again

Always welcome mate!!

Haven't been there since '96.......waise "Dharamshala" is also a kool place....I miss it a lot.....that's where i dis my schooling from..before i came down to kerala..
Has anybody heard about JABALPUR???? 😛

r.

yes i heard of it. its in MP. near Katni where my nana- nani live.
Bheda ghat etc........ hhhhhhmmmmmmm......

travellin....thats somethin close to my heart...xcpt for the east...i have seen most of India...these are some of my personal favs...

Anyone been to Rohtang pass....thats a drive u just cant miss.Out of this world

and SAM at Jaisalmer....the dunes there are abs amazing!

and anyone whos been to mlore would prob have trekked at the AGUMBE forests.....man those are abs amazin....the wildlife and vegetation...and The mother of all treks to Kodachadri...supposedly the highest peak in ktk!

Haven't been there since '96.......waise "Dharamshala" is also a kool place....I miss it a lot.....that's where i dis my schooling from..before i came down to kerala..

As regds SIMLA, good for u mate....the place has gone from bad to worse.....rampant deforestation and const have taken their toll....and with the tourist traffic shifted from J&K;, there just isnt no lettin up. the old laid back simla charm is gone!!!

Dsala is a neat place though...especially McLeodGunj...is that how u spell that! Really calm and serene....and they have their own Dal Lake too!!!

MOI
travellin....thats somethin close to my heart...xcpt for the east...i have seen most of India...these are some of my personal favs...

Anyone been to Rohtang pass....thats a drive u just cant miss.Out of this world

Yeh i've been to Rohtang a cooool place. went to manalli for a trekking and rock climbing corse at YHA when i was in class 6 or 7th. did river rafting, rappling etc........

Yaa..I agree shimla is a bit too crowded.....it sure has lost its charm..but there are places like Kufri and Naldera.....which definitely can be visited

Dsala is a neat place though...especially McLeodGunj...is that how u spell that! Really calm and serene....and they have their own Dal Lake too!!!

Thx mate.....ya...that's exactly how u spell that
Dal lake .....there need to be some work done on it ..... 😃
Did u go in for a trek to Triund?? It's a lovely place..on the Dhauladhars....
Though it too is getting easily reachable.....They are coming up with a road to the place....the trek will soon loose all it's charm.... 😞
Whenever I go home I make it a point to go in for a trek to the Dhauladhar ranges ......Though nowadays don't spend as much time as we used to ..during the schooldays :)
Naddi....is a beautiful place too...
Apart from the scenic beauty......we have a lotta temples in and around dharamshala too.......these attract a large no. of worshipers from across the country...:)

The Best place I have ever been to is Singapore. The ultimate robotic-style city in the world. Truly a classy destination.

I hated SG for the same reason. Too robotic and too impersonal. No character.

Mauritius...

pagalguy Says
Too robotic and too impersonal

no two words would have sufficed more pal...... 😃 the city reeks of electricity rather than oxyzen..... :!: the folks there sure need to go get a life....... like the 'ol joke went, if they could prolly download it somewhere, they would

Cheers

ps: btw, donno how many of u guys are aware, but our Mr.naidu, "ceo" of AP, has plans of setting up a singapore replica out here in hyd.....land's already been acquired for the same.. :!: