Babcock SOM, Wake Forest Univ

Hi, I have recieved my final Admit from Babcock School of Management, Wake Forest Univ. Would appreciate more insights into any aspects of the school, specially considering that i am planning to have a career switch from IT to Finance. …

Hi,

I have recieved my final Admit from Babcock School of Management, Wake Forest Univ.
Would appreciate more insights into any aspects of the school, specially considering that i am planning to have a career switch from IT to Finance.

Additionally, I also have admits from Mason School of Management, College of William and Marry and Moore School of Management IMBA program, Univ of South Carolina.
Advice/suggestions are welcomed in deciding which School would be best considering my career switch thoughts.

Regards.

Buddy,
Congrats on getting these calls.

PLease use the SEARCH function to locate the relavent threads.

http://www.pagalguy.com/search.php

Chk out these links:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mason-school-of-business-25021795
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/moore-som-univ-of-south-carolina-25022178

All the best.

Hey Dude Congrats!

Factors like location and career management centers can help you decide too. Babcock is a decent school and has even jumped significantly in latest US news ranking (from 54 to 49). Willaim and mary has very good program with a small class size advantage, it does not have regional focus though. Moore is known for IMBA but I do not really know if you want to jump to finance how much can it help you.

I think Babcock is a decent bet and the salaries are also encouraging (Avg $89K+) also the location is an advantage as the recruiters visiting Duke come and pay a visit.

Hi Sana,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

I agree with your thoughts with William and Marry, As per my research out of the 3, it offers the best Finance concentration, some things which are working against it are its location (not in and around any financial super city), its drastic fall in major rankings.

Things which are working with Babcock is its decent financial concentration, its location, Tution Assistance (I recieved) and as said by you good progress on rankings.

Moore ranks 2nd in the world for its IMBA program but does not have good concentration in Finance, so really dono should i be considering this option or consider opting this for an IMBA with consulting(to supplement my current Work-Ex) as an concentration.

Regards

congratulations sadanand !!

could you please share your profile ??

B.E(Mech) First Class with Distinction
5.5 years of Work-Exp
GMAT 640

Hi,

Given an option to choose between, Babcock SOM and Moore SOM, considering the program cost coming to be approximately the same after the Tution assitance.
Kindly advice, which school will be the best option for a career switch into Finance from IT.

Regards

Hi,

Given an option to choose between, Babcock SOM and Moore SOM, considering the program cost coming to be approximately the same after the Tution assitance.
Kindly advice, which school will be the best option for a career switch into Finance from IT.

Regards

Hey Sadanand,
I have some data, see if it helps you take a decision:

Schools Moore Babcock
Avg. Debt($) 18,500 45,451
Salaries($/Yr) 95,004 108,928

This is the data as per US news 2008 rankings. Salaries are sum of benefits and base salary; debt is the amount students buy on an average for their MBA.
As per my understanding Babcock is better known than Moore and also has a little advantage in terms of location.

Hi Sana,

Thank you very much, this is a good piece of data.
I am very fast nearing my decision time, so more suggestions are welcomed.

Regards

Hi,

I have admits from Wake Forest, Paul merage (Smeal), UC Irvine and Case Western. Wake forest has offered Wake Forest has offered a schol of $20000 p.a, Smeal is yet to decide on the schol and Irvine has offered $15000+$10000 over two years. Can you please advice me on this?

Thank you!