Aiming for ISB

dear all folks aspiring to ISB you are welcome to this thread you are requested to share your views & comments @ ISB wishing success to all of us cheers ajay ::

dear all folks aspiring to ISB
you are welcome to this thread
you are requested to share your views & comments
@ ISB
wishing success to all of us

cheers
ajay

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-2006-make-or-break-25009732

Head over to this thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-2006-make-or-break-25009732

Head over to this thread

I don't think we should head over to that thread because now the next season has started. Time for a new thread. ISB 2007 - Calling?

Hi Every One

Me too aiming for ISB for 2007 . Havent really started preapring for GMAT , started a little on the quant section have to start verbal soon. But thats not what i am morried about. More worried about wether my profile is good enuf to get in. Basicallu anm a s/w engineer from Mum univ (2005 pass out ) . Till nov have around 10 months of work ex in am MNC. Am doing pretty well in my current job. Also displayed good leadership in college while graduating . Have good enuf acads. I am worried that i do not have enuf work ex amd that am from the engineering back ground. If i apply for 2007 bythe time the course begin will have arnd 20 months of work ex . Dont know how bad that is since ISB strongly recommend 2 yrs. What about you guys .. what are your profiles like ? And what study material are youll using ? Any one taken a GMAT date as yet ? If notw what date do you plan on taking it ?

Too many questins....... i know.. but thats me sorry

I Agree guys we need this forum ..... as we are applying for 2007.... I am from hyd .... here is my profile and I request all of you to post your profile as well....

Xth 54
xii 70
B.Com 70
Company Secretary
NCFM Certifications (4)
Diploma in Comp
Presently doing CFA Level 1

Work ex

as Company Secretary :- 2.6 years
Inv Advisor :- 9 months
Merchant Banking :- 2 years

GMAT :- Yet to take....

Lets also start discussion on how to start preparing ....

Thankx
Azeem

I too aiming for ISB 2007. Agrees there should be new thread for 2007.
My profile -

Around 6 years of experience in IT industry. All domestic.
Gmat - 740.

decent extra curriculars...

My profile:

1. 10th : 84% (CBSE)
  2. 12th: 95.3% (State Borad - Tamilnadu)
  3. BE In CS : 88% (Univ of Madras)
  4. lots of extra currics during BE
  5. have couple of International Papers
  6. come this may and I will be having arnd 2 years of work-ex in IT industry
I had given CAT-05 and got 98.73 %le (had prep for 1.5 months). I got calls from IIMB and IIML. IIMB rejected me and am in WL in L - am not expecting to convert L , as the WL is quite high. Kindly NOTE that i had a awesome GD/PIs, guess the low cat score took the toll.

Target 2007 : ISB
Target 2008 : McKinsey, Gsaachs, BCG

svraman,

I think that u must be prepared to let ur 2 yrs jobex pedigre down the drain if u plan to move on to Consulting.Also, that chances of u getting picked could also be slim coz they might either look at a person with rel ex or a fresher. So, beware.............

hi guys

i wanted to knw one thng .... whether the designation in the company in which ur wrking is important. i ve completed nearly 1.5 yrs in a core electrical engg company (mnc) and wrking in mktg dept. as executive mktg
as far acds are concerned
be mech ... 3rd topper at goa university 73%
12th ...... 75%
10th ...... 85%

so, plzz tel me how to improve my profile.. in sense wht extra wld they expect frm me

kentech

hi guys

i wanted to knw one thng .... whether the designation in the company in which ur wrking is important. i ve completed nearly 1.5 yrs in a core electrical engg company (mnc) and wrking in mktg dept. as executive mktg
as far acds are concerned
be mech ... 3rd topper at goa university 73%
12th ...... 75%
10th ...... 85%

so, plzz tel me how to improve my profile.. in sense wht extra wld they expect frm me

kentech

Dude work on your extra curriclar's (as you have to bring out your overall personality) and a SEXY gmat score will improve your & My chances....

Hello every one,
My Profile...............

Diploma(omputers) 72% Mumbai Univ.........
B.E(Computers) 65% Mumbai Univ........
2 yrs Wrk Exp by august 2007...........
Software Engg .........Infy(Pune)......
Descent Extra Curr Activites..............
Will be taking GMAT in August-2006

Depending on wht GMAT score I get,planning to apply to some of the institues like
NUS,Asian Institute ofManagement (Manila),few US b-scools ranking between
25 to 40(duuno if it is woth it and shd try for higher rankings............can anyone comment),no UK univ as of yet(can any one recomend seing my profile)....dunno whether I shd try for ISB....
If not get into ane of these I will try for better universities next year
Please do comment...................

HI BHAIRAV,

If you are completing 2 yrs work ex in 2007 then I would suggest you to apply in 2007 & not in 2006 .... the reason being that, if you are a reapplicant you have to justify "what are the improvements in your profile since the last time you applied" which I believe is little diffucult to do.... more over atleast 2 yrs work ex is required there are exceptions (freshers) but they are not more than 10 and they a Sachin Tendulkar's with 90% makrs through out....Hope you got that .....

Dude I am not discouraging you to apply but I telling you what I know ...... Best thing would be to speak ISB alumni.... the link is their on thier web... explore and let me know the outcome......

Hope to hear from you....

Azeem

I will be gambling for ISB PGPX 2007. Profile is not terrific so to speak but i can talk sh1t.

Hi All this is Biswajit!

Working at Bangalore! More than 2.5 yrs of experience, will try to do something to get myself a Career shift there year through MBA

I have a friend who passed out of ISB this year, if anyone wants I can get some info from him ... if there are some specific questions. One small problem, he is right now on vacation, but should be available soon :

Can he give us the age/exp wise breakup in the current accepted batch or may be in his batch?

how many ppl are there with exp in 2-4 yrs bracket? and how many of them from IT?

Can he give us the age/exp wise breakup in the current accepted batch or may be in his batch?

how many ppl are there with exp in 2-4 yrs bracket? and how many of them from IT?

check out the webite..it must be there www.isb.edu

My Profile :

BE (NSIT):68%
12th :71%
10th :79%
Work Ex -2 years.

Will be giving GMAT in September-2006

can anyone expatiate on the placements being offered to a typical Indian Male IT programmer with a good academic and extr-curriclar record with arnd 3 years of work-ex ?

Does Anyone know, what where the Essay Questions (Part of Application Package) last year at the ISB???? If you do please post it on this forum ....

Also, please let me know if the same questions will be there for this years's intake as well....

Thankx in Advance

Azeem