AIM Manila 2008: GD / PI Call Getters

Hi, The Road Ahead to AIM Manila 2008 Admissions… Starting this thread for the call-getters… Similar to last years’ threads… Will keep posting relevant links to the other threads as far as past years’ GD / PI at Manila are con…

Hi,

The Road Ahead to AIM Manila 2008 Admissions..

Starting this thread for the call-getters... Similar to last years' threads..

Will keep posting relevant links to the other threads as far as past years' GD / PI at Manila are concerned!

Please share your profile in the following format... Will help us all track things better!

Graduation:
Work Ex:
Extra Curricular Activities:
GMAT Score:

Look forward to hearing form call-getters..

Other Threads / Resources (will keep updating this):

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/aim-admits-2006-seniors-please-share-experience-aim-25013799
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/aim-gd-pi-call-getters-2006-25012874
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/aim-admissions-25007679
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/intern...nila-16-a.html (Anyone applying to AIM Manila for 16 month MBA starting Aug 2007 session)

Hey All,

Me got a call for GD PI from AIM. I am based in Mumbai and will be responding with Mumbai as preferred location.

My Profile:

GMAT: 760
Work Experience: 3 yrs in IT by July 08.
Acads: Good
Extra-curr: Decent

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Hi Guys/Gals,

First, congrats to all who have got through AIMAT and have been selected for GD and PI. ATB to all who havent received the results yet.

My profile
B.E (Electronics) Mumbai University (not great acads)
Work Ex - 4.5 Yrs (Supply Chain Management (IT), ITES)
Extra Curricular Activities - ok.
Planning to give GMAT in Feb

Regards,
Sudi

My profile

B.E (Computer Engineering) - BIT Mesra (Decent acads)
Work Ex - 1.5 years in IT..
Extra Curricular Activities - GOOD!

Hi guys i got the mail for being shortlisted.....
"ear Applicant,
You are short listed for Master in Business Administration Program, Group
Discussions & Interviews scheduled from
23rd to 28th February 2008.
Mumbai - Saturday 23rd, Sunday 24th, Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th February 2008
Bangalore- Saturday 23rd, Sunday 24th, Monday 25th February 2008
New Delhi - Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th February 2008
You are requested to inform us by return email, which city is convenient for you to attend the GD & Interview."

congrats to all others who got shortlisted.....
pls keep informed of any updates....
now we must think towards how to go about the interviews...lets make an estimate as to how many candidates gotta call....this estimate is very important
my profile....
B.Com.Hons
6 year work exp....in Sales and marketing in Nestle and Johnson n Johnson; currently working as Area Sales Manager in Vodafone....

congrats to all others who got shortlisted.....
pls keep informed of any updates....
now we must think towards how to go about the interviews...lets make an estimate as to how many candidates gotta call....this estimate is very important
my profile....
B.Com.Hons
6 year work exp....in Sales and marketing in Nestle and Johnson n Johnson; currently working as Area Sales Manager in Vodafone....

Cool... me from Kolkata too.... (Although it doesnt really matter... just saying it!)

Hi All,

Even I have received the same mail.
But as per the clause will get the final confirmation in a week or so.

My Profile:
Acads: Decent
Professional: 3.5 Years of exp (IT) (Infosys and TCS)
Extra - Ciricular - Decent

What should be my approach for the GD/PI, any pointers?

Thanks
Goutam

hi amit
great to see tht people from kolkata getting shortlisted as well........ny idea of some professional help for interviews.......

Hey Congrats to all who have cleared the entrance.... By when do we need to confirm the venue details to the REP OFFICE...??

vinayvasudev Says
Hey Congrats to all who have cleared the entrance.... By when do we need to confirm the venue details to the REP OFFICE...??

They havent specified anything... but i guess the sooner the better... for us as well as for the folks at the Mumbai office!

Hello all,

Graduation:B.E-Mechanical,Manipal(MIT)
Work Ex:28 months,Sales-Industrial Products
Extra Curricular Activities:decent...

Although well known but for IT,AIM was very selective last year...depending upon the profile the interview went from 5 mins to 30+ minutes.

Mridul

Hello all,

Graduation:B.E-Mechanical,Manipal(MIT)
Work Ex:28 months,Sales-Industrial Products
Extra Curricular Activities:decent...

Although well known but for IT,AIM was very selective last year...depending upon the profile the interview went from 5 mins to 30+ minutes.

Mridul

Could u pls elaborate?... Like did they frown pon getting an IT profile??..
amithar Says
Could u pls elaborate?... Like did they frown pon getting an IT profile??..

Although nearly 50% of the batch(2007) has IT background but the competition is very high for selecting students and hence little choosy...compare that to people from Marketing/Sales background which will be 5 to 10% max of the batch size.

Me too shortlisted !!!

I am from Mumbai
BE Computer
3 yrs workex IT

ATB

hi guys got a call foR GD- pi

bacground

GMAT- 640

ex- dentist 2 years private ,4 years govt- project and academics.

extra- member many social organizations redcross, rotary.

PLS share with me details about college.

scared to see your profiles , i also got call from HULT dubai.
unsure about placement

sales and marketing people rarely feature on the list of shortlisted candidates .....can ny1 throw some light as to the preference of university towards sales and marketing...i mean negative or positive preference...!

hello guys,

i am a dentist presently working with government having diverse work ex from project consultancy execution , legal,administrative and enterpreunership. total 6 years.

started preparing in april 2007.

GMAT- 640 ,cat was poor.

got call from hult dubai , aim manila.

PLS advice me as i am career switcher.

i am worried about placements , already have permenant job.;-)

hello guys,

i am a dentist presently working with government having diverse work ex from project consultancy execution , legal,administrative and enterpreunership. total 6 years.

i am worried about placements , already have permenant job.;-)

Hi ..

Most of us her are with work ex and have a steady / permanent job..

As far as placements go, most international B Schools do not have a campus recruitment scheme the way Indian B Schools have... However I believe that an MBA form AIM sets you up for a career in South East Asia..

Besides they have started a Career Management Service recently.. DO check the website for details..
hi amit
great to see tht people from kolkata getting shortlisted as well........ny idea of some professional help for interviews.......

The CAT Coaching institues have regular courses running for GD / PI ... APart from that I am not aware of any interview training for International B Schools in and around the city..