640 -700 in 40 Days Need Advice

Hi Guys , This forum has been very useful to me in my GMAT Prep . I Took GMAT Yday and Got 640 ( 46,31) . While I was dissapointed with the score i was glad I got 640 based on the way my exam went . Exam Day Bad Idea to ta…

Hi Guys ,

This forum has been very useful to me in my GMAT Prep .

I Took GMAT Yday and Got 640 ( 46,31) . While I was dissapointed with the score i was glad I got 640 based on the way my exam went .

Exam Day

Bad Idea to take a 4 PM slot , I was completely blank at 630 when I started verbal . Almost wrote the exam like I am doing verbal for the first time . 3 RC questions were very lengthy and tought , I was not getting grasp of any SC or CR question as well . Despite reading Manhattan SC question I did not use any rule on the exam rather read the choices and selected the best sounding one . Getting 31 was a relief . I could got 35 if I had the focus and energy to complete the verbal section properly. Moral of the story Morning exams are the best !!

I was dissapointed with 46 Quant score , as I felt I did the exam really well cracked even the tough Probability and Statistics questions . Later thiking about the answer choice i felt i would have missed the bar in DS . Many questions in Inequalities , Exponents might have gone the other way .

Mistakes I made in My first prep

1. Though I scored very low in MGMAT and PowerPrep I some how imagined that I will magically score 700 in real Exams . I thought that answer choices in CR and RC were very tricky and not straight forward not realizing that this could be the case in real GMAT exam as well

Practice Scores
Princeton - 620,580,640
MGMAT - 580,480,600
GMATPrep - 710,690,680

Materials I read

1. All 8 MGMAT books
2. OG 12th edition
3. OG Verbal and Math review
4. Princeton Prep

Guys Is it possible to move from 640 to 700 in 40 Days . My deadline for admission is Nov 31st .
Also what other additional materials should I look into second time around .

My Current Plan after yesterdays debacle

1. Revise all MGMAT books , read the advanced section in all categories
2. Focus more on Readining Comprehension and CR

Any advice is really appreciated .

Thanks
Shiv

based on ur score u need to improve both on verbal and quant. i feel for qaunt u need more practice. other than PG u can also get help from other gmat forums such as BTG and GMATclub

u need to analyse ur weakness before going to take the exam again. u need to revise ur basics.
for verbal u can refer to LSAT(RC and CR ), powerscore CR bible

Hi Guys ,

This forum has been very useful to me in my GMAT Prep .

Thanks
Shiv

Hi Shiv,

Please don't open threads for specific queries. You may get a faster response here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/low-gmat-scores-find-help-here-25029450

As per your query, do you really think the re-doing what you did before will sail you through the second time?
Try to analyse what went wrong. If it was just a bad day, you shouldn't think retaking the exam, but the scores you mentioned above prompt me to think the other way (sorry if that feels bad 😐 but I am just being statistical)

Try to find out where do you make mistakes. What is SC/CR/RC is your weak/strong area. What are the type of mistakes you commit everytime? Is there any pattern? Think whether you need to change your approach for any particular section?

Similarly for maths.

If you introspect, you may be able to comeup with something more rather than just a plain recipe to increase your score to 700 in 40 days

PS: Post your query on the thread I mentioned. We have stalwarts to help you here :)

ATB!