[2021] AimCAT 2208 (25 Sept - 29 Sept)

Thread to post scores and for discussion related to Time AimCAT 2208.

1 Like

28/37/38 - OA 103
Need to rethink attempt strategy for all 3 sections. Was completely caught off guard with the new format. Good wake up call with only 2 months left.

13 Likes

VARC - 22

DILR - 34

QUANT - 38 (Was expecting 50+)

OA - 94 (This score hurts right here in my meow meow)

7 Likes

VARC 24
DILR 42
QA 40
OA 106

Starting to get 100+ finally.

7 Likes

Do not were all this is gonna end .

VARC - ( 11A, 8C) - 22 no normal rc’s readability was really tough…

Dilr - ( 13 A,10 C) - 29, one decent session of this aimcat.

QA -(8 A,4C) - 10, what was that Quant really disappointed , making a difficult paper is not bad but i really hope they stick to pattern of providing same weightage across topics…where was arithmetic :pensive:

OA: 61 , This what happens when difficulty level is increased along with new pattern.

7 Likes

First time posting on PG, please be kind :slight_smile:

VA 33 ( was it just me, or did the passages seem really tough this time?)
DILR 20 (Could have easily squeezed another set here, thanks speed)
QA 22 (got a ton of negatives, any tips on quant prep from scratch would really help :pray: )

OA: 75

Much needed wake up call probably!

4 Likes

Hmm, 103/198, more than 50% to hain really, but yeah…

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what’s a good score anymore. IG we’ll get a better idea after 3-4 mocks. But 103 is definitely bad for this mock, def not enough to fetch a 2 digit AIR

1 Like

VARC- 28 (11/18) :frowning:
DILR- 36 (12/12)
QA- 28 (10/14)
OA- 92

8 Likes

16/26/18 - 60

Onto NMAT prep now :zipper_mouth_face:

9 Likes

45 / 45 / 40 = 130
VARC mess-up again. QA seemed lengthy, but ~6-9 marks more would’ve been nice :’(

13 Likes

VARC - 23 (8C/11A)
DILR - 24 (8C/10A)
QA - 20 (7C/10A)
OA - 67 (23C/31A)
TIME strikes back with the kind of AIMCATs, to give us all a humbling experience… :disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes

God level scores _/_
AIR 1 spotted :eyes:

3 Likes

23/29/21
I think Quants was too absurd.

7 Likes

23/41/40 - 104

6 Likes

VARC - 21

DILR - 32

QA -25

OA - 78

Shit.
Guys, do you think practicing GMAT CR questions will help in VARC?

6 Likes

To all those who have taken more than one test series (particularly: AIMCATs + SimCATs), what is your plan for the next month?
Are y’all planning to take all the tests or skip a few of them to attempt later or going to attempt all mocks?

I see that we have 2 tests every weekend in October. And by the time we analyze the tests given on the previous weekend, the next week ka test arrives - this has happened everytime with me whenever we have both mocks on a weekend.(Results come out on Tue for Sim & Thur for AIM and proper analysis takes up atleast 2-3 days/test).

I was thinking of skipping a few and to rather focus on
properly analysing the one’s that I attempt. (i.e quality > quantity approach)

Just wanted to know how others are planning/your views on this…

3 Likes

It’s always better to try nd give within the window as competition is well judged and spare a day for the analysis u might be good2go…rest depends on u

VARC - 30 (11/16)
DILR - 27 (10/14 One full set wrong?!)
QA - 30 (11/14)

OA - 87
Need to be at 115+ to barely reach a safe-ish spot
And now if the no of questions are reduced to 2/3rd too, 2018-19 CAT scores in terms of % would be good benchmark right? 52% for a 99 and 57-58% for a 99.5+

2 Likes

If you are working then it makes sense to skip a few but if CAT prep is the only thing on your plate skipping tests does not make sense. Would rather use this hurdle to increase mental stamina by analysing at a stretch and reducing the days required.
I write every mock on the last day so i can analyse them the next day, and if you list down last days of all the AIMCATs plus SIMCATs you will see they do not overlap.
However to each his own and keep in mind we have to avoid a burnout too :slight_smile:

1 Like