[2014-16] SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (SIOM) Admissions Helpdesk

REGISTRATION LINK WILL BE ACTIVATED IN A FEW DAYS !!! ...

Keep in TOUCH for UPDATES !

Any books you suggest for preparation?

Follow FB page to stay updated and connected:)

Few Mock SNAP questions are going to be posted every week in FB page to help aspirants get familiar and better...Please keep visiting the FB page for updates on it..and other tips for SNAP...:) And also stay connected with us on Pagal Guy threads such as

hey hi!

since snap registrations are open ! i have a confusion ! in engineering i failed in one suject , and cleared it in second attempt ! wich marks to consider? first attempt ? or second attempt marks ? while calculating the aggregate?????????? please help !

can i make online payment using a sbi visa debit card instead of a credit card or net banking

Symbiosis International University has from this year brought the complete admission process for the MBA programs offered by all its institutes under one umbrella. There will be a single registration process and a single personality assessment round including just a Personal Interaction and a Writing Ability Test - PI-WAT process - for all the programs across campuses at Pune, Noida and Bengaluru. The Group Exercise (GE) process has been done away with. The candidates for the PI-WAT process will be selected on the basis of their SNAP test scores and academic profile (AP) scores. AP scores will be calculated using the formula given below. AP = (A*1) + (B*1.5) + (C*2.5), where A, B and C stand for scores obtained in Std X, Std XII and Graduation respectively. [Doesn't it bear an uncanny resemblance to IIMA's all new Application Rating (AR) Score?] The SNAP score (out of 180) will be scaled down to 40 and the AP score (out of 15) to 10 to arrive at the final score (out of 50) that will be used for shortlisting. The shortlisted candidates will then need to book slots for the PI-WAT process. The PI and WAT will carry 35 and 15 marks respectively. The final merit list will be based on the total of 100 marks with 50 marks from the first stage getting added to the 50 marks from the PI-WAT process. Registrations for SNAP 2013 will close on 22nd November, 2013. The test will be conducted on Sunday, 15th December, 2013 between 2-4 pm. The results will be announced on Thursday, 9th January, 2014. P.S. bulletin can be downloaded from the URL given below. http://www.snaptest.org/pdf/Final%20Bulletin%2005%20Sep%2013.pdf

hi m in ma final yr of engineering. n nw i dont know what to fill in ma grad %.shuld i feel the % till third yr???some one plz help

@Anupreeya hows rs agarwal for quants ? i am preparing frm it for snap !

EASY WAY TO HAVE A GLANCE AT IMPORTANT DATES AND FLOW.

Hiii all,

I have Xth - 80.5%, XII- 78%, B.tech- 68% added to that i have two years of work exp in a well know IT sector . What are my chances for SIBM and SCMHRD according to that AP formula. Kindly help?

Wat kind of password is required for registration ? It's not accepting any of them .And Im stuck filling the form .Plz help

Hello there. I completed my engineering in IT. Want to know if i can apply for SIOM?? OR if its only for Mechanical and electrical guys???

Brighter Days Ahead... mgmgmg

which one better....SIOM, SITM or SIIB...? plz help...

Please tell me more about summers n final placements...

thnx in advance....:)

Hi @divya.balasubramania

I have one serious doubt regarding filling graduation percentage.My university offered 7.57/ 10 as CGPA in all four years and then converted it to percentage as 68.34%So while filling snap form should I use SNAP conversion formula and enter 75.7% or 68.34%Request you to clear this doubt.

Few FAQ's on SNAP answered:

What is the difference between marks for Academic Profile (AP) and Marks Obtained in the Qualifying Degree (As awarded by your University)?1.a) The marks obtained for the Academic Profile (AP) indicates the consistency in academic performance. Therefore, this is calculated taking into consideration the performance in all semesters/ years of the qualifying degree (irrespective of your University`s Rules for award of Class/ Division/ Percentage/ Grades etc.)1.b) The marks obtained in the qualifying degree will be exactly as awarded by your University. This will be considered for the purpose of deciding eligibility to apply to/ be admitted to a programme. Those who have completed Bachelor`s degree and do not fulfil eligibility criteria are not permitted for MBA Program Registration of 2014. Eligibility criteria are as under: 50% Marks at Bachelor`s Degree for other Open/ General, Defence Open, Defence Special, Industry Sponsored, Differently Abled, Kashmiri Migrants and NRI. 45% marks at Bachelor`s Degree for SC & STHow should the Academic Profile marks be calculated and where should this be entered?2.a) When marks are awarded: Please calculate and add marks of all the semesters/ years and enter in the field of 'marks obtained' and 'maximum marks' in SNAP Registration Form 2013 on the basis of guidelines prescribed in the 'ADMISSION BULLETIN OF MBA PROGRAMS OF CONSTITUENT INSTITUTES OF SIU-2014'.2.b) When marks are not awarded but Grades/ Points are awarded: Where the University awards grades/ points without specifying corresponding marks, or formula for conversion of grades/ points to marks, the following method must be adopted for conversion of Grades/ PointsStep 1: Count the number of pass grades/ points mentioned on your Statement of Grades/ Points. Let this be 'n'Step 2: Assign 95% as highest grade/ point.Step 3: Assign 35% as lowest grade/ point.Step 4: Divide the difference 60 (95-35=60) by (n-1). This will give the interval.Step 5: Assign % to the individual grade/ point in descending order.Step 6: Calculate average of all grades/ points.Step 7: Insert percentage of marks obtained and maximum marks on the scale of 100.For Example:If there are 13 Pass Grades/ Points in a particular University. (n=13)The highest Grade/ Point (A OR 1) will be 95%The lowest Grade/ Point (M OR 13) will be 35%60 (95-35=60) will be divided by (n-1) which is 13-1=12. Hence 60/ 12= 5.00Assign Percentage in descending order:A OR 1 95B OR 2 90C OR 3 85D OR 4 80E OR 5 75F OR 6 70G OR 7 65H OR 8 60I OR 9 55J OR 10 50K OR 11 45L OR 12 40M OR 13 35Based on this above information calculate the marks obtained in each course/ subject for all semesters/ years. Calculate the average. Enter in the 'marks obtained' field and 'maximum marks' field.For ExampleIf the average of all semesters/ years is 73.20%, enter 73.20 in the 'marks obtained' field and 100 in the 'maximum marks' field.2.c.) When marks are not awarded but CGPA/ GPA are awarded: Where the University awards CGPA/ GPA or formula for conversion of CGPA/ GPA to marks.Please convert the CGPA/ GPA of all the semesters/ years and enter in the field of marks obtained and maximum marks in SNAP Registration Form 2013 on the basis of guidelines prescribed in the 'ADMISSION BULLETIN OF MBA PROGRAMS OF CONSTITUENT INSTITUTES OF SIU-2014' (Section 4 D

Few FAQ's on SNAP answered:

What is the difference between marks for Academic Profile (AP) and Marks Obtained in the Qualifying Degree (As awarded by your University)?1.a) The marks obtained for the Academic Profile (AP) indicates the consistency in academic performance. Therefore, this is calculated taking into consideration the performance in all semesters/ years of the qualifying degree (irrespective of your University`s Rules for award of Class/ Division/ Percentage/ Grades etc.)1.b) The marks obtained in the qualifying degree will be exactly as awarded by your University. This will be considered for the purpose of deciding eligibility to apply to/ be admitted to a programme. Those who have completed Bachelor`s degree and do not fulfil eligibility criteria are not permitted for MBA Program Registration of 2014. Eligibility criteria are as under: 50% Marks at Bachelor`s Degree for other Open/ General, Defence Open, Defence Special, Industry Sponsored, Differently Abled, Kashmiri Migrants and NRI. 45% marks at Bachelor`s Degree for SC & STHow should the Academic Profile marks be calculated and where should this be entered?2.a) When marks are awarded: Please calculate and add marks of all the semesters/ years and enter in the field of 'marks obtained' and 'maximum marks' in SNAP Registration Form 2013 on the basis of guidelines prescribed in the 'ADMISSION BULLETIN OF MBA PROGRAMS OF CONSTITUENT INSTITUTES OF SIU-2014'.2.b) When marks are not awarded but Grades/ Points are awarded: Where the University awards grades/ points without specifying corresponding marks, or formula for conversion of grades/ points to marks, the following method must be adopted for conversion of Grades/ PointsStep 1: Count the number of pass grades/ points mentioned on your Statement of Grades/ Points. Let this be 'n'Step 2: Assign 95% as highest grade/ point.Step 3: Assign 35% as lowest grade/ point.Step 4: Divide the difference 60 (95-35=60) by (n-1). This will give the interval.Step 5: Assign % to the individual grade/ point in descending order.Step 6: Calculate average of all grades/ points.Step 7: Insert percentage of marks obtained and maximum marks on the scale of 100.For Example:If there are 13 Pass Grades/ Points in a particular University. (n=13)The highest Grade/ Point (A OR 1) will be 95%The lowest Grade/ Point (M OR 13) will be 35%60 (95-35=60) will be divided by (n-1) which is 13-1=12. Hence 60/ 12= 5.00Assign Percentage in descending order:A OR 1 95B OR 2 90C OR 3 85D OR 4 80E OR 5 75F OR 6 70G OR 7 65H OR 8 60I OR 9 55J OR 10 50K OR 11 45L OR 12 40M OR 13 35Based on this above information calculate the marks obtained in each course/ subject for all semesters/ years. Calculate the average. Enter in the 'marks obtained' field and 'maximum marks' field.For ExampleIf the average of all semesters/ years is 73.20%, enter 73.20 in the 'marks obtained' field and 100 in the 'maximum marks' field.2.c.) When marks are not awarded but CGPA/ GPA are awarded: Where the University awards CGPA/ GPA or formula for conversion of CGPA/ GPA to marks.Please convert the CGPA/ GPA of all the semesters/ years and enter in the field of marks obtained and maximum marks in SNAP Registration Form 2013 on the basis of guidelines prescribed in the 'ADMISSION BULLETIN OF MBA PROGRAMS OF CONSTITUENT INSTITUTES OF SIU-2014' (Section 4 D)..:)

Preparatory material tab will have first set of preparatory questions for SNAP..look out for more in the coming weeks..all the best!:)