[2012] UPES Dehradun Admissions

Heyy, i am a final year mech. engg. and my academics are as follows: 10th- 83%; 12-81%, CGPA- 8.2 till date. Got 82.21% in MAT Sept 2011. Planning 2 go fr MBA(O&G;) in UPES. Can u give me the overall scenario like placements etc in the sector. P…

Heyy, i am a final year mech. engg. and my academics are as follows:
10th- 83%; 12-81%, CGPA- 8.2 till date. Got 82.21% in MAT Sept 2011. Planning 2 go fr MBA(O&G;) in UPES. Can u give me the overall scenario like placements etc in the sector. Planning to go fr Dec 2011 MAT. Suggest.

@all, please continue with UPES dehradun related discussions here in this thread.

here is the link to the older thread for the same:-
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/upes-dehradun-25018482

Placements started with a boom this yr.......1st placement week over and highest pkg till now was from IOCL for Oil & Gas of 9.5....so be give ur best shot if u really want to go for domain specific MBA.....UPES is the best option Under mat and CAT for Specific Domain MBA programs.....good luck.....have a blessed day...

Heyy, i am a final year mech. engg. and my academics are as follows:
10th- 83%; 12-81%, CGPA- 8.2 till date. Got 82.21% in MAT Sept 2011. Planning 2 go fr MBA(O&G;) in UPES. Can u give me the overall scenario like placements etc in the sector. Planning to go fr Dec 2011 MAT. Suggest.

c

FOr any other Info regarding UPES 2012-2014 Admission process plz feel free to contact shoot up ur Questions we are here to help you out frnds...... TC

hi...
Is notification for 2012-2014 is out??
What is the last year cut-off (CAT) for general category??
i heard calls are profile based is it true???

NO such criteria for age limits.....there are some students in power , Oil & gas with past experience of 6-7 yrs and all are enjoying the same placement week......

naumi Says
hears that when some PSUs come for placements,they have some age limits as a primary criteria.....is it true in case os placements at UPES??? If yes,then is it the upper age limit or the lower age limit???

Yes notification as well as GDPI result for SEP Mat 2012 have also been declared on Univ Web page....
Cut off is 80 and 75%ile for different courses and yes after GDPI they will offer you the branch on your profile base.......

hi...
Is notification for 2012-2014 is out??
What is the last year cut-off (CAT) for general category??
i heard calls are profile based is it true???
Yes notification as well as GDPI result for SEP Mat 2012 have also been declared on Univ Web page....
Cut off is 80 and 75%ile for different courses and yes after GDPI they will offer you the branch on your profile base.......

I have not given MAT and no plans yet for MAT dec.
i have completed btech in electrical and presently working in transmission line company.i want to build my career in power sector. please help...
CAT 2010 gt 88.xx &ile...; CAT'11 is on 5th nov.
Is there any transmission line company who recruit through campus??
Whats the fees of the course??

whch stream?

naumi Says
Can you give an insight about the placement trends and statistics of last year???

good luck for ur CAT and regarding company's take a visit on Welcome to the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India u can find ur ans thr it self as i'm from aviation management so not sure about specific company......
fee structure is also thr bt its 6.7 lakhs for 2yrs and all together including sip, industrial tour and computing fees it goes to 7.5 lakhs.

I have not given MAT and no plans yet for MAT dec.
i have completed btech in electrical and presently working in transmission line company.i want to build my career in power sector. please help...
CAT 2010 gt 88.xx &ile...; CAT'11 is on 5th nov.
Is there any transmission line company who recruit through campus??
Whats the fees of the course??

85% students were placed with highest package of 9.65 avg for power was 5.75...

naumi Says
Oil & gas,Power and aviation :)

in current yr 15 of Power sr. r placed with highest of 9.7 and lowest of 6.5 in 1st placement week....

for aviation management core recruters are GMR and GVK and profile will be on ur skills technical or non technical it will start for marketing and goes upto airfield operation manager

naumi Says
What are the profiles offered to students from aviation management.......and what are the future prospects???

Hey guys im 2010 pass out in computer science ..nd working in reputed IT Company for abt 8 mnths....are there any chances for IT guys ,,,or this institute is only meant for ...people with core engineering degree...???

Also wht is the cutoff for getting a GD/PI call ...through CAT/MAT

could u plz tell me what are placement rate of m.tech in upes.....which branch of m.tech is getting largest no of jobs.....what are the cutoff for m.tech in piping engg 4 2011.....this will be a gr8 help 4 me

hi , can i apply with my MAY MAT 2011 scores , as per my knowledge MAt score is valid for 1 yr .....so , does UPES accpet MAY MAT score now ?????

what is the MAT cut off for Oil and Gas in UPES ... thanks in Advance

no idea regarding mtech u can search students on facebook thr u can find the sr. students they can help u regarding mtech gud luck

HKS02 Says
could u plz tell me what are placement rate of m.tech in upes.....which branch of m.tech is getting largest no of jobs.....what are the cutoff for m.tech in piping engg 4 2011.....this will be a gr8 help 4 me

no for 2012-2014 batch u will have to appear for 2012 sep mat and cut off is 80%ile

hi , can i apply with my MAY MAT 2011 scores , as per my knowledge MAt score is valid for 1 yr .....so , does UPES accpet MAY MAT score now ?????

what is the MAT cut off for Oil and Gas in UPES ... thanks in Advance

Hi Cool Samrenda..... Shoud i appear for SEP MAT 2012 or 2011 ????? I am appearing for MAT Dec 2011 , can i appply ???? when is the GDPI Process for 2012 batch start ...... And also , im a mechanical engineering graduate ,having arounf 15 months work exp , I am not that good in technical .... so does that matter while taking Oil and gas in UPES , does the course gives more imprtance to technical things , Thanks