Dear All, For the third year in succession, we bring to you the PaGaLGuY Official GDPI Helpline in collaboration with students of NITIE Mumbai. Helpline has the sole objective to ensure that you are empowered to crack GDPI in a better way…
For the third year in succession, we bring to you the PaGaLGuY Official GDPI Helpline in collaboration with students of NITIE Mumbai. Helpline has the sole objective to ensure that you are empowered to crack GDPI in a better way.
The hard part is done but the harder part is yet to be taken care of. The 'Battle' is over but the 'WAR' to enter dream B-Schools is still on. And this is the right time to ask all your 'last lap' questions to people who have been there, done that and wish to share their experience and time with you.
Continuing with the tradition set by helpline of last year, you can ask them about:
- How to start preparing for GDPI
- Customizing GDPI preparation for different B-Schools
- Dealing with fear to speak in group / before interview panel
- How to be prepared about out of the box questions in interviews
- Tips for group tasks/ case discussions
- Customized PI tips as per your background
If you have any questions related to above apprehensions or any other query, post them here and get them answered by NITIE Students. Start shooting your questions 😃
Special features of this helpline include:
- Regular discussions on topics important with respect to GDPI. This won't include the posting of news or articles on these topics, rather it will consist of complete analysis of the topic from management point of view posted regularly by NITIE Students after the discussion among puys on the topic has exhausted.
- Suggestions to perform better in PIs.
- Sharing GDPI experience of almost every elite B-School.
- Skype Conference with NITIE students and live discussions on topics.
New features introduced this year:
- One on One personal interviews in selected cities
- Guidance on Essay writings and SOPs and review of the same
Also, we will rope in few people from other B-Schools from time to time who have created success stories as the result of this helpline in past 2 years 😃
Link to previous edition of helpline - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2011-12-gdpi-helpline-by-nitie-students-the-last-lap-to-enter-dream-b-schools-25075440/3087422
The other offerings will be disclosed as we move ahead in the journey together.
All the best everyone.
Cheers for starting this thread...hopefully my CAT result allows me to have a shot at this prestigious institute
@gagaboy said:@visionIIM-ACL I think NITIE accepts only graduates who have an Engineering background, if I am not wrong? Or is there any changes in the selection process for GD/PI calls this year?Cheers for starting this thread...hopefully my CAT result allows me to have a shot at this prestigious institute
howz the GD scenario generally? Generally current affairs aate hain right? but we can get any random topics I guess?
Excellent thread ... let the GD-PI season start ;D
Hello All !!
@koyal1990 said:@visionIIM-ACL sir and @Mukulspock sir- I have a query regarding general GDs.. suppose the topic is- educationcan eradicate all other social evils. here, do we have to speak either for or against the topic??? like if I feel the it is partially true, then can I take a neutral stance, giving justification for doing so??? will that be categorized as being indecisive??
@Mukulspock said:In a GD you are not always expected to reach consensus.You are expected to provide viewpoints and perspective to the topic, in a way that makes sense.In this topic, you have to elaborate which social evils are connected in any way to education.if they are connected, then how ?Then, how can education help in eradicating them, if at all it can. What are the steps to be taken ?If it cannot then why not ? what are the obstacles ?these are all logical questions that must flow from the topic. it doesnt involve taking a stand anywhere. Once you give sensible answers to these questions, your discussion becomes fruitful i.e you get soem good perspective out of it
@Mukulspock said:@koyal1990that will do but not so superficiallyget into the details, if it cannot eradicate evils completely, then why not ?if it can to a good extent, then how ? by what means ? what will be the positive effects.
Okay people !!
Lets kick off with GDs!!
After this GD, we will post analysis of every user who participated significantly in the discussion, our analysis of the topic followed by a post with Points to keep in mind while in a GD to score better over other participants!!
So, lets keep the inaugral topic as the one which is the most talked about one these days 😃 Hoping everyone knows about it so we will have good participation to start off!
Topic 1: FDI in retail , should it be allowed ?
House is open for discussion!!
PS: Quote only the relevant part of post if you want to refer to something mentioned in it.
PPS: For reference of how GDs proceeded last year, you can check out few posts following this http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/prep-resources/2010-11-gdpi-helpline-t-60989/p-2396594?page=1#post2397015
All the best!!
Topic 1: FDI in retail , should it be allowed ?
@dhruvwali said:Hi All,The advantages and disadvantages of FDI can be debated upon later, and I welcome the stand to my fellow speakers, to put forward their views
Hello everyone :)
For me Foreign Direct Investment or FDI in Retail as my fellow member described is a good step taken towards the betterment of Indian economy and it should be allowed.
1) 51% FDI in Multi Brand Retail and 100% in Single Brand Retail will bring more quality, quantity, variety in the products coming under this sector.
2) FDI will bring high competition in the retail sector and will eventually end up providing better prices for the consumers.
3) One of the biggest advantage associated with the arrival of FDI is the big number of employment opportunities that comes with it.
4) There will be a significant increase in the annual market of around 50 billion U.S. Dollars (Guess) in this sector in India.
5) There is a fear that with the introduction of FDI small retailers will face considerable loss but if you look closely FDI will definitely boost the growth of large as well as small retailers in the long run. Small Retailers can directly go these upcoming enterprises and sell their goods at a better price.
Over to other members here :)
As explained by my colleague here , FDI stands for Foreign Direct Investment. Many people don't know the implication, I would like to expand on this first by looking at it from a pure Economist Approach for India.