[2011] SIBM Bangalore Admissions 2011-2013

So it begins again.. :: The SNAP notification is out and the online registrations for the same too have begun. The forms of SIBM Bangalore will be out soon too. A few important dates for SNAP and SIBM Bangalore are as follows: Importan...

So it begins again..

The SNAP notification is out and the online registrations for the same too have begun. The forms of SIBM Bangalore will be out soon too. A few important dates for SNAP and SIBM Bangalore are as follows:

Important Dates for SNAP
SNAP Registration Closes on:26th November 2010
Payment Closes on:27th November 2010
Admit Card Live on:7th December, 2010 to 19th December, 2010
SNAP Test: 19th December 2010 (Time: 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm)
SNAP Test Result: 12th January 2011

Important Dates for SIBM Bangalore
Online Registration for SIBM Bangalore will begin shortly (Mostly 1st October)
SNAP Test: 19-12-2010
Last date of Online Registration & Payment for SIBM Bangalore: 08-01-2011
SNAP Test Result Declaration: 12-01-2011
Declaration of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI: 24-01-2011
Commencement of GD/PI:10-02-2011
Final Merit List Display: 14-03-2011
Last Date for Payment of Fees: 31-03-2011
Online Pre-Induction Program begins: 01-05-2011
Commencement of Course: 15-06-2011

We will be trying to answer all the queries that you may have about the institute and the SNAP test. So let the games begin

hello seniors,
i aspire to join sibm-b, i have applied through credit card for snap, do i need to send any documents to symbiosis university or to symbiosis banglore.

hi Reshav85,

You do not need to send any documents to Symbiosis. You need to bring oyur documents to the GD/PI where they will be verified.

Also, please make sure you have also applied for SIBM Bangalore. Applying only for Snap doesnt mean you have applied to SIBM B. The fee and application form for SIBM B is different.

I have done Management and Marketing of Insurance from College of Vocational Studies (University of Delhi) in 2007 with 57% marks and have 3 years of work experience into a recruitment company.I am interested to pursue full time MBA.Please advise if i am eligible for MBA-HR from this institute and also they give any preference to experienced candidate.

what was SIBM-B last year cut off?

what is the total fees of the course?

mou.c08 Says

100.75 or,99.75
abhadani Says

the total fee for the current batch is 7.3 lakhs including induction program and exclusive of hostel fees.this may vary for the coming year.
abhadani Says

the total fee for the current batch is 7.3 lakhs including induction program and exclusive of hostel fees.this may vary for the coming year.

The total fee for the current batch is 7.3 lakhs including induction program and exclusive of hostel fees.this may vary for the coming year.

sibmb2010 Says
The total fee for the current batch is 7.3 lakhs including induction program and exclusive of hostel fees.this may vary for the coming year.

wat abt placements?
hi Reshav85,

You do not need to send any documents to Symbiosis. You need to bring oyur documents to the GD/PI where they will be verified.

Also, please make sure you have also applied for SIBM Bangalore. Applying only for Snap doesnt mean you have applied to SIBM B. The fee and application form for SIBM B is different.

thanks nikhil,
when the registration for sibm-b would be starting?
Shravan7867 Says
I have done Management and Marketing of Insurance from College of Vocational Studies (University of Delhi) in 2007 with 57% marks and have 3 years of work experience into a recruitment company.I am interested to pursue full time MBA.Please advise if i am eligible for MBA-HR from this institute and also they give any preference to experienced candidate.

Applicants with work experience will definitely benefit. They will have an added advantage over other applicants during the GD/PI process.

You are eligible and please do apply.

mou.c08 Says

99 to be exact.

abhadani Says

Cannot be said right now. Please wait for the official notification. The current fees is around 9 lakhs for the entire two years including hostel accomodation, pre induction, uniforms, books, etc....
Anisen Says
wat abt placements?

Placements are generally very good. The seniors had 100% Summer Placements. We've got a very good response from all companies that we have visited.

If you want exact numbers, give me a day or two. Will give them to you.

thanks nikhil,
when the registration for sibm-b would be starting?

It should be starting sometime in the first week of October.

I suggest everyone to go through the thread "Life @ SIBM Bangalore" on PG..we often post whats new and happenin in the campus..so u guyz can have a idea about the campus and life in a B School..!!

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-sibm-bangalore-25032381

wat was the cut off for SC category at SIBM-B last year???

Thanks I would also like to know about placements in HR function in SIBM. I have done mostly recruitment till now but would now like to learn about different head office HR functions like HR strategy, talent management, Employee Engagement etc. Would the MBA in HR help me in getting knowledge about these things and also chance to interview with firms for these jobs..

Shravan7867 Says
Thanks I would also like to know about placements in HR function in SIBM. I have done mostly recruitment till now but would now like to learn about different head office HR functions like HR strategy, talent management, Employee Engagement etc. Would the MBA in HR help me in getting knowledge about these things and also chance to interview with firms for these jobs..

hey Shravan this is an interesting question...something just forces me to answer this one...I guess its the word "Recruitments"...and the reason of this is i am a member of Placements committee back at SIBM-B...

We to start with...
Yes MBA in HR will expose you all the areas you mentioned along with a few more..So u don't have to worry about that...as the course content is always updated as per industry requirements and feedbacks.

So yes the course content will provide all that u desire...and sure u have an option of always contributing towards all these heads as SIBM-B is a student driven institute and students along with the management helps to align industry and student expectations.

As far as placements is concerned w.r t to HR specialization the highest offered was 7.5..on Campus and 8.5 Off Campus....Average of HR batch was around 5 L...

Let us know in case we can be of any help..!!

plz tell me are all the symboisis instititutes good for mba............if not then which one are..........wat are thier cut offs.......wat about placements......
thnx in advance.........