[2011] IIT Kanpur Admission Queries

Hi all the aspirants !! JMET 2011 notification is out. A candidate can apply using “ONLINE” mode only. The application fee is Rs. 350/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates and Rs. 750/- for other category candidates. The application fee i…

Hi all the aspirants !!

JMET 2011 notification is out.

A candidate can apply using "ONLINE" mode only. The application fee is Rs. 350/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates and Rs. 750/- for other category candidates. The application fee is not refundable.

Commencement of submission of ONLINE applications: Mon, 6 Sept, 2010
Last date for ONLINE submission of application (website closure at 6 p.m.): Fri, 8 Oct, 2010
Date of test (10:00 to 13:00 hrs): Sun, 12 Dec, 2010
Announcement of results: Mon, 3 Jan, 2011

Online notifications are not out yet. Keep checking this thread for the latest updates.

Feel free to post any queries you have regarding the admission process or the eligibility criteria.

Following are the links to past year threads. Refer them before posting any query.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009admission-queries-for-mba-iitk-2009-2011-25033796

Few other important links:

1. IIT Kanpur MBA Homepage: http://www.iitk.ac.in/ime/MBA_IITK/index.htm
  2. Life @ IITK: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/living-life-iit-kanpur-mba-25024934
  3. Avant Garde - Monthly e-newsletter by the MBA students: AvantGardeMonthly e-Newsletter,MBA IIT Kanpur
  4. IITK MBA Blog: MBA @ IIT Kanpur
  5. Business Week Blog: A Perspective...: Start
  6. Facebook Fan Site: MBA IIT KANPUR Facebook

All the best to all !!
Looking for good juniors 😉

what is the course fees of iit kanpur for 2 year mba course and what is the no.of seats for general category students.....

is there any reservation for OBC students?
if yes, then how many seats?

Hi,
Im a MCA passout from NIT(REC) 2008, working as a software engineer.am I eligible for MBA at IIT Kanpur...?

who is conducting ???

visioniim Says
what is the course fees of iit kanpur for 2 year mba course and what is the no.of seats for general category students.....

The fees for 1 semester is around Rs 35000. So you would be spending around 1.4 Lakhs for your entire MBA course at IIT K. IIT K has the second best ROI in India.

is there any reservation for OBC students?
if yes, then how many seats?

Yes, IIT Kanpur has OBC reservation. The percentage reservation is same as that of percentage prescribed by Govt of India. Total seats at IIT K are around 77. So you can do the math yourself.

Hi,
Im a MCA passout from NIT(REC) 2008, working as a software engineer.am I eligible for MBA at IIT Kanpur...?

I am afraid that you would not be eligible for MBA at IIT Kanpur. I would suggest you to read the eligibility criteria again. There might be some changes this time around. Keep a look for the notification.

topper@IITK Says
who is conducting ???

IIT Delhi is the organizing IIT this time.

what was the cut off last time for IIT K ?

thanx 😃

what was the cut off last time for IIT K ?

thanx :-)

Hi

Last rank to be called for GD PI last year was around 1000.
Hi

Last rank to be called for GD PI last year was around 1000.

1 what is the weightage given to written score and to gd pi.
2 last rank in general category to convert call.
3 ratio of freshers to experienced guys...
thanks in advance
1 what is the weightage given to written score and to gd pi.
2 last rank in general category to convert call.
3 ratio of freshers to experienced guys...
thanks in advance

Hi
1.Weightage given to written score is GD PI is not disclosed. But, written score does have some weight in GD PI.

2. Last rank(General) to convert a call was 850. My rank was 735. Some people with 200 rank didn't convert. So rank is not big a issue here at IIT K.

3. Ratio of freshers is around 25%.

Just to add to the points mentioned by aayush,

Precisely, the last general rank to convert was 969. But again, as he mentioned, getting just a rank doesnt help the cause.

Next, the percentage of freshers last year was arnd 17%. And as can be seen, there is no pre decided norm, it is flexible depending upon the students.; though it is a very early stage to go into the depth of such topics.

All d best !!

Hi all, here are the images of the JMET notification. As it is not yet available online, hope it will the check d fire of your curiosity 😁

The online notification is out. Check out at jmet online information system

Hi future IITians,

This is just to remind that the last date of applying for JMET is 8 October, 2010 (6 pm). So all the folks who have not applied yet do apply before the mentioned date and time.

All the best 😃

I have applied for JMET. Do i need to apply for IIT Kanpur separately ?

If yes, then when will the form for the same become available ?

I have applied for JMET. Do i need to apply for IIT Kanpur separately ?

If yes, then when will the form for the same become available ?

Yes, you need to apply to the IITs separately,but only after the results are out. Depending on your rank, you can take a call on which IITs you need to apply.

Regards,
Divya

Hi all the JMET aspirants,

The countdown to the exam begins today, with 10 days to go.
Wish you all the best for the exam.

A few points:
1. Solve previous years' papers. The format more or less remains the same. Give mock papers in timed exam-like environment.
2. Work upon your speed.
3. Every day is a new day. Don't feel depressed about the questions you can't solve. The exam day is D-Day, you can work wonders with what you already know.
4. Don't panic during the exam. If you are stuck with a question, leave that and proceed ahead. Its quantity, not the quality of questions solved which will make you an IITian this time :D

In case of any doubt related to your exam center location and any kind of query related to exam, feel free to ask. Concentrate on JMET right now and all admissions related queries would be answered in detail later.

All the best

What was the last OBC rank converted last year?

Arvyndz Says
What was the last OBC rank converted last year?

The last rank called for GD/PI last year was 6000. Though, at this point you should focus on the exam, you will get enough of time after results to ponder on these things. Moreover, the figures may change this year.

All d best 😃