[2011]DoMS@IIT Roorkee Admission Queries

Hi Fellow Puys, I know the preparation for competitive exams for admissions into top B Schools is in full flow at this moment. So its that time of the year when we help you with stuff related to your admission and exam related queries while y…

Hi Fellow Puys,

I know the preparation for competitive exams for admissions into top B Schools is in full flow at this moment. So its that time of the year when we help you with stuff related to your admission and exam related queries while you concentrate on cracking the entrance exams.

So dear aspirants,

JMET 2011 Notification is out..
Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET) is the first step in the process of admission to the TWO YEAR FULL TIME Postgraduate Degree Programmes in Management offered by the coveted IITs.
Link for JMET: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2011-jmet-notification-out-25057244( JMET Notification Out)
Previous Year Threads:-
JMET: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/jmet-2010-notification-how-to-apply-and-related-discussions-25043016
DoMS, IITR:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/doms-iitroorkee-2010-12-mba-admission-and-institute-queries-25044316
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/doms-iitroorkee-gd-pi-discussion-forum-2010-12-25049938
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-doms-iit-roorkee-gd-pi-experiences-25050448
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2012-iit-roorkee-final-result-out-25053013

Other useful links:

DoMS Home Page: Department Of Management Studies :: IIT Roorkee
Life at DoMS: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifedoms-iit-roorkee-25025190
Blog: DoMS IIT Roorkee
Twitter: DoMS, IIT Roorkee (DoMS_IITRoorkee) on Twitter

So, all the best to everyone from my side. :cheerio:

Look forward to field all your queries..

Hi there.....

Can u jus tell us smthng bout d placement scene at IIT-R ??

like d Lowest, median, Avg n highest package for d recent batch, if u hv some info...?

Hi there.....

Can u jus tell us smthng bout d placement scene at IIT-R ??

like d Lowest, median, Avg n highest package for d recent batch, if u hv some info...?

The placement scenario at IITR is great and improving by the day. we have recorded 100 percent placements for the previous batch.
Here are some official figures for your reference..
Average Domestic Salary: 8.3 LPA
Median: 8.00 LPA
The Highest salary: 12.5LPA

Please find the links below for your reference:
Placements 2010
Executive:http://www.iitr.ac.in/PageUploads/files/Executive%20Placement%20Report%202010.pdf
Summer:http://www.iitr.ac.in/PageUploads/files/Summer%20Placement%20Report%202010.pdf

Hope it helps.:)

what is the total fees?

abhadani Says
what is the total fees?

The fee that we are currently paying is around 2,10,000 for four semesters including Hostel and Mess charges for general candidates.
Although it might be revised this year, as a hike has been in discussion for long.
We will let you know the exact fee structure once the admission procedure starts after the results of JMET 2011.

1 what is the total no of seats for general category candidates.
2 what is the cutoff rank for general category candidates for gd pi calla nd final conversion
3 weightage given to jmet score ,academics work ex......thanks.....

2 what is the cutoff rank for general category candidates for gd pi calla nd final conversion

1) Officially the total number of seats approved is 90 , hence for general category it roughly falls somewhere between 45 and 50

2) The exact cut off rank cannot be predicted as it depends on the number of applications received by the Institute, however last year it was approximately around 1700-1800. Rank for final conversion depends on lot of other factors like profile, work ex etc

3) We'll get back to you on this one soon

Regards,
Anubha Mathur
DoMS, IIT Roorkee
2010-2012
Media Cell

The Answer to your question number 3 as per last year trends is:-
JMET 65%; Group Discussions 10%; Interview 20%; Work Experience 5%

As for question 1: Exact total number of seats is 95. General category seats are 46.
The second question has already been handled by Anubha.

For more details about the admission and the institute, candidates can go through the following link:
http://www.iitr.ernet.in/admissions/uploads/File/2010/MBA/MBA%20Brochure-2010.pdf

Hi PaGal(s)Guy(s),

DoMS is now on Facebook too! Check it out...

What is the batch profile of the course?Percentage of engineers ?

theairbender Says
What is the batch profile of the course?Percentage of engineers ?

Hello,

You can find the batch profiles of the both first and second year students here. Almost all the students of our batch are engineers.

Hello All,

This is just for your information that DoMS, IIT Roorkee is ranked 17th in Business Today 2010 B-School rankings! It is also ranked 7th Best B-School for summer internships in terms of brands!

Hello Everyone,

This is for those of you who are interested in the breakup of the fee (49320/-) that we deposited at DoMS for the first semester.

Tuition Fee........................ 30000/-
Exam Fee.......................... 350/-
Registration Fee................ 150/-
Medical Fee....................... 50/-
Internet Fee....................... 600/-
E.C.A................................. 1000/-
Medical Fund...................... 200/-
Hostel Rent......................... 2000/-
Min. Electricity Charges....... 2000/-
Common Facilities............... 1500/-
Admission Fee.................... 200/-
Grade Card......................... 150/-
S.W.F................................. 500/-
Mod. Fee............................. 200/-
I. Card................................. 40/-
Benevolent Fund.................. 100/-
Alumni Fee.......................... 1500/-
Alumni Fee.......................... 1500/-
C.O.S.................................. 100/-
Medical Insurance................. 280/-
Industrial Tour....................... 300/-
Bhawan Fund........................ 100/-
Security*.............................. 3000/-
Library Fee........................... 5000/-
----------------------------------------------------------
Total.................................... 49320/-
----------------------------------------------------------

*Refundable
Note: The above fee was for the general category.

I have a few queries

1.Total no of seats in IITs for MBA.:wow:
2.upto what rank they give calls.
3.what are call conversion ratios.
4.Competition in CAt vs Competition in JMET which is easier(as per respective B schools).
5.What can we say a Safe rank for the conversion for IIT-R.

thanx in advance.

Hi,

Plz let me know whether the appln form for IIT R is out... I chkd the site, no such info is given..
i need to apply for IIT R..

You can apply for individual IIT's only after the result of JMET is out.

I have a few queries

1.Total no of seats in IITs for MBA.
2.upto what rank they give calls.
3.what are call conversion ratios.
4.Competition in CAt vs Competition in JMET which is easier(as per respective B schools).
5.What can we say a Safe rank for the conversion for IIT-R.

thanx in advance.

Hello Akshay,

1. The number of seats available for admission in the Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee are 95.
  2. Last year, general category ranks around 1800-1900 fetched calls for the GD/PI rounds. But, you never know, and can't take that rank segment for granted as it all depends on the number of applications that are received.
  3. 485 candidates were called for GD/PI rounds last year. The number of converted calls were 95+.
  4. JMET exam comparatively is on the easier side when compared to CAT, given 3 hours of time. Remember, how much ever easier or tougher the exam is, it would be common for all the students who take the exam. So competition wise, JMET is no less than CAT, as it is all about the relative performance. So, my suggestion is to be better prepared.
  5. As I mentioned earlier, you never know what a safe rank would be. It all depends on the number of applications received.

Hi,

Plz let me know whether the appln form for IIT R is out... I chkd the site, no such info is given..
i need to apply for IIT R..

Hi viji123,

The application form will be available for download in the IIT Roorkee's website once the JMET results are out.

UMANG 2010

UMANG is an initiative by the Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee to connect academia, non-government organizations, future managers, and social entrepreneurs to facilitate exchange of views and opinions on various social issues. It provides a platform to various stakeholders to interact on different socio-economic issues faced and attempts to sensitize them on the same.
Since its inception in 2006, UMANG has had a reverberating success which encouraged DoMS, IIT Roorkee to come up with UMANG5 aka UMANG2010, a one day workshop on "Rural Marketing".

Some of the eminent speakers who graced the occasion were
1) Mr. C L Kamal Executive Vice President and President, Foods for Patanjali Ayurved Ltd
2) Mr. Hemant Tewary, District Development Manager, NABARD
3) Ms. Deepti Pant Assistant Manager, Nabard Regional Office, Dehradun.
4) Mr. Asit Baran Mazumdar Director, Maa Sharda Rural Development and Health Organisaton(NGO)
5) Mr. R. THIRUNAVUKKARASU Director, Operations, Meso Loan
6) Mr. Swapnil Kant Dixit Executive Director for Tata Jagriti Yatra
And apart from them , a large number of NGO's were present
The event witnessed a healthy and fruitful interaction between all the participants , that is, the NGO's, Government Organizations as well as the Students.
Hopefully the Department will be able to continue this endeavor every year and contribute in its own little way towards the upliftment of the Society.

Regards,
Anubha Mathur,
Media Cell,
Department of Management Studies ( 2010-2012)
IIT Roorkee

Plz tell me Total No of Seats in IITs for MBA.
In all IITs.