[2011-2013] IFMR GD/PI Experiences

Hi All The IFMR GD/PI has started today and its time to tell your experiences to puys and future aspirants so that others can understand better. Please follow the below mentioned format for posting experiences: *XAT Percentile: …

Hi All

The IFMR GD/PI has started today and its time to tell your experiences to puys and future aspirants so that others can understand better.

Please follow the below mentioned format for posting experiences:

XAT Percentile:

Profile:
10th:
12th:
Graduation:
Work-Ex:
Batch of Interview:

GD Topic:

PI:

Request:

1. Kindly do not post anything other than your experiences of IFMR GD-PI.
2. If you intend to thank anyone for their contribution. Use 'Thank' option, instead of posting it.
3. For queries, you can visit the IFMR Thread

Make this thread a good learning experience and a legacy for your juniors.

Posting from another thread as found will be useful here :

well couldnt find a seperate thread for gd pi so posting it here..

REACHED CHENNAI ON 31ST MAR AND GOT ACCOMODATION IN THE IFMR HOSTEL ITSELF..
THE INFRA IS GOOD IF NOT GREAT AND THE HOSTEL ROOM WERE REALLY NICE...
SENIORS WERE HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY..
WELL I HAD THE 1ST DAY 1ST SLOT ON THE FOOL'S DAY..
20/50 TURNED UP FOR THE 1ST SESSION..
WE HAD A VIDEO PPT ON IFMR HISTORY AND THE DIRECTOR AND OTHER FACULTY MEMBERS GAVE DETAILS ON SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME AND THE DSF COURSE..

THEN WE 1ST HAD OUR PI..
I THOT THAT THERE WILL BE NO GD BUT LATER T WAS CONFIRMED THAT WE HAVE ONE..

THE PI WAS VERY GOOD AND THE PANELIST WERE VERY FRIENDLY..
ASKED ME QUESTIONS ON MAH PROFILE SO BETTER BE PREPARED ON THAT FRONT..

IT LASTED FOR 10-15 MINS..

THEN A BIG SURPRISE..

A GD OF 20 PPL..
WE WERE LIKE WTH..

THEN WE WERE GIVEN A TOPIC AND ASKED TO SPEAK ON IT FOR 2-3 MINS..

TOPIC WAS- "IS THE OVERWHELMING POPULARITY GIVEN TO CRICKET JUSTIFIED GIVEN SO MANY OTHER CONCERNS FOR THE NATION AT PRESENT"
IT WAS BELOW AVG AS PPL WERE BEATING AROUND THE BUSH..

THEN HE MODIFIED THE TOPIC AND SAID THAT "IS GIVING A STATUS OF DEMI GOD TO CRICKETERS AND THEN CRITICISING THEM FOR EVEN MINOR OF MISTAKES JUSTIFIED?"
IT WAS ABT TO BECUM A FISH MARKET BUT HE AGAIN MADE THAT AN EXTEMPORE ROUND AND GAVE ALL A CHANCE TO SPEAK.

ALL IN ALL A GOOD EXPERIENCE..

Thanks,
Vaibhav

hi guys . . 1 april 2 pm slot . 30 out of 50 turnd up.we enterd a prsntation hall. we wer givn a paper 2 fil.no need 2 write our name on tat.normal stufs wer askd . for ex.hw did u cum 2 know abt ifmr,hw do u rate it etc.1st it was ppt abt coleg. nice 1 . the repect for the coll from my side has increasd on seein tat. ppt lasted for abt 15-20 min.then abt 15 in 1 gd. the same topic writn above me.1big shock was it went on for 1 hr. . yeah u red it rite.gd for 1 hr..and the problem is u canot take the gd in the direction u want to. inbtween the mod will interfer and ask wat do u think abt this that and then the discussion wil proceed in tat direction. initially he ll call out name and we hv 2 talk 4 two min. then we wer allowed 2 discuss.wat startd as a decent discussion bcame a fish market aftr abt 30 min . after abt 30 min almost all pts wer sed and we wer blabberin on wikileaks facebook , we evn went to egypt and iraq to discuss abt influence of media in cricket. .cont...d

sory puys using mobile for typin so had 2 use sms language as ther is word limit. btw 10th-75% 12th-81. B.E-71% XAT 91.95. fresher.then aftr gd was very hungry thank god they gave appy fizz and biscuits. b4 i cud keep my mouth on it i was cald 4 p.i. my panel consisted of dean and 2 other gentlemen. it was very nice.js the usual stuffs. abt urself.i was askd abt the elections in tn as i belong 2 tn. was askd abt alagiri as he belongs 2 my constituency 😛 then abt sprinkler irrigation as im an agri engg. was asked the diff btween agri science and agri engg. askd wat my plan was.my family background. then next p.i for dsf.was askd 2 go 2 another room.only 1panel here.lady was an american.she askd me wat my plan was aim was. it went on like more as an interaction with a friend than an interview. over all felt satisfied . . no summary 4 gd. do take ur call letter and xerox of scorecard. those 2 r askd. i need a smal help.some1 pm me as hw 2 start a new thread in pagalguypls.

sorry double post

""REACHED CHENNAI ON 31ST MAR AND GOT ACCOMODATION IN THE IFMR HOSTEL ITSELF..""
are they providing accomodation in their hostel...?

@ all the above who shared their GDPI experience: Thanks guys :cheerio: and wish u all gud luck.

Did any body attend the maths test ?? nobody has mentioned dat... how was it ???

ppl plz pour in ur GDPI experiences....

are they providin the accomodation facility????plz let me kn or else i have to look for a hotel . I have my gd on 9th.

Posting from another thread as found will be useful here :

Thanks,
Vaibhav

how long did the whole process last???
@ all the above who shared their GDPI experience: Thanks guys :cheerio: and wish u all gud luck.

Did any body attend the maths test ?? nobody has mentioned dat... how was it ???

ppl plz pour in ur GDPI experiences....

Math test for PGDM-FE are scheduled between 4th-9th of April. So we need to wait for another two days...ATB :cheerio:
dheeraj0810 Says

we started at 9 and the process was over by 1.30 pm..
Depends on the number of students who turn up for a particular slot..
""REACHED CHENNAI ON 31ST MAR AND GOT ACCOMODATION IN THE IFMR HOSTEL ITSELF..""
are they providing accomodation in their hostel...?

manunite Says
are they providin the accomodation facility????plz let me kn or else i have to look for a hotel . I have my gd on 9th.

WELL I WAS MYSELF SURPRISED..
I WAS GIVEN AN ACCOMODATION BY THE COLLEGE AT NO COST..
BUT THERE ARE ONLY LIMITED NO OF STUDENTS WHO CAN GET ACCOMODATION..
SO BETTER CALL UP THE ADMISSION OFFICE AND TELL THEM
I DID THE SAME THING AND THEY TOLD THAT I CAN STAY IN THE HOSTEL ON SHARING BASIS..
FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY OTHER QUERY..
ATB TO ALL

i had today at 9am. GD topic is same(about cricket). there were 12 in my group. it was a moderated gd.

The PI panal had Bobby Srinivasan, balasubramainam and a very old professor.

they asked to intro me, then it was a discussion like, we discussed about social service, how to improve our country etc...... ATB puys...

i had today at 9am. GD topic is same(about cricket). there were 12 in my group. it was a moderated gd.

The PI panal had Bobby Srinivasan, balasubramainam and a very old professor.

they asked to intro me, then it was a discussion like, we discussed about social service, how to improve our country etc...... ATB puys...

Thanks for sharing your exp.Was your GD also an extempore sort?How was the PI?Kindly let me know.I have mine on April11th your inputs would help my prep.
Thanks!
Aarthi
dheeraj0810 Says

Hi dheeraj0810,
I am not sure about the time taken for whole process as its not my experience (mine is on 7th april), it was experience of another participant which was posted in different thread, so just pasted it here as its more relevant thread for posting experience and will be more useful here .
But I think aspirants who attended the process and returned can answer your query.

Thanks
Thanks for sharing your exp.Was your GD also an extempore sort?How was the PI?Kindly let me know.I have mine on April11th your inputs would help my prep.
Thanks!
Aarthi

PMed........
Hi dheeraj0810,
I am not sure about the time taken for whole process as its not my experience (mine is on 7th april), it was experience of another participant which was posted in different thread, so just pasted it here as its more relevant thread for posting experience and will be more useful here .
But I think aspirants who attended the process and returned can answer your query.

Thanks

in my slot, 23 turned up out of 50. and no one was interested in dsf. so they spoke a lot about dsf and told that even if we had not ticked dsf, they would consider us also for it. there are different panels depending on the number of students. i think in each batch only 50% would turn up.
they start with a 1hr presentation, then 1hr gd, then interview lasts for about 10mins each.. mine went for 20mins and i was last, i left at around 12.45pm...

Guys can we take a voluntary exit from the FE exam ? I am interested only in PGDM(though I had ticked all 3)..Now what I should I do to express my inclination towards PGDM ?
I haven't prepared anything for FE and will flunk it for sure if attempted..

Can someone tell me whether the panelists have our SOP with them. Do they read that or something? any idea? please throw some light on that.

Thanks,
Saravanan M