IFMR GD/PI Shortlist Thread 2011-13

750 Posts  ·  140 Users
About this group
Hey friends, The GD/PI shortlist is out today. Check it out @ http://ifmr.ac.in/downloads/IFMR_PGDM_Batch2011_GD_PI_List.pdf Link for last year GD/PI Thread http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/51740-2010-12-ifmr-g...
Page 1 of 75
hi friends
one off topic question - for finance among tiss , ssbm,tapmi,imt nagpur what should be right preference

tapmi wud b d best
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Friends
One off topic question - for finance among TISS , SSBM,TAPMI,IMT Nagpur what should be right preference

TAPMI>IMT-N,>SSBM/

I am not sure if there is anything in TISS for finance. (if there is , Tiss would come first)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Friends
One off topic question - for finance among TISS , SSBM,TAPMI,IMT Nagpur what should be right preference

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi me bieng the first tyme on IFMR thread and no better person then to ask u for my query actually its about my friend she has cleared GD/PI shortlist i mean she attended the interview process she got thru MA social sciences in TISS but the problem with her is that she is cash strapped though she is keen on joinig DSF but not decided as yet she doesnt use pagalguy much so she asked me to help her decide and i am asking you as there could be no better person than you .can you just elaborate as to what is the scene in placements wheather P S banks and RBI visit campus wts the avg palcament package how much % of all strenght get placed ,are the profiles being research based wats the scope of growth

i knw i am asking a little more from u but its lyk that i dont want her to waste another year she has done her grad in film and television frm PUNE and passed out in 2007 and have three years of work exp

please advice:thumbsup:

Placement scenario @ IFMR:
100% placement. highest this year 11 lakh . average 7.5 lakh.
Tution Fee- 10 lakh
profiles offered : Finance (including treasury , portfolio management etc) , IT profiles - business analyst , business development , Marketing profiles etc.

List of companies :ICICI BankBank of America,Capgemini,UBS,iREVNA,deolite ,INFOSYS, COGNIZANT,ACCENTURE,HCL,BERGERPAINTS,SBI CAPITAL,BANK OF INDIA ,ITC,MPHASIS ETC
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey friends,
The GD/PI shortlist is out today.
Check it out @ http://ifmr.ac.in/downloads/IFMR_PGDM_Batch2011_GD_PI_List.pdf

Link for last year GD/PI Thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-12-ifmr-gd-pi-list-out-next-round-queries-25051740

hi me bieng the first tyme on IFMR thread and no better person then to ask u for my query actually its about my friend she has cleared GD/PI shortlist i mean she attended the interview process she got thru MA social sciences in TISS but the problem with her is that she is cash strapped though she is keen on joinig DSF but not decided as yet she doesnt use pagalguy much so she asked me to help her decide and i am asking you as there could be no better person than you .can you just elaborate as to what is the scene in placements wheather P S banks and RBI visit campus wts the avg palcament package how much % of all strenght get placed ,are the profiles being research based wats the scope of growth

i knw i am asking a little more from u but its lyk that i dont want her to waste another year she has done her grad in film and television frm PUNE and passed out in 2007 and have three years of work exp

please advice:thumbsup:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI.. When will GDPI shortlist likely be out?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My profile:
Xth - 83.4%
XIIth - 88.75%
BE-Electronics - 66.3%
Work ex - 50 months in Accenture
XAT score - 91.64%ile

Hi puys.I have my GD/PI on Apr 9th 2 pm slot.Initially i had ticked only PGDM in the app form and hence I got a call letter for PGDM only.But later I expressed my desire to sit for the PGDM-FE and the adcom has given a green signal and now I am eligible for both.

In the interview if they ask about my preference(iam sure they will ask),what should I say?If I say FE,then will I be ruled out for PGDM and vice-versa.

I have no idea as to which course I should choose.PGDM or PGDM-FE.
I saw the course structure of PGDM-FE.It was a quantitative and mathematical approach to Finance which is very interesting.Also the students of FE course were mostly engineers.Shall I use my engg degree as a tool to convince the panel to choose me for FE.

Someone plzzzzzzzzz help.I need to get into IFMR badly this time.Im feeling very nervous and my mind is in a muddle.Iam damn confused.Im frustrated and fed up of the IT industry.Iam desperate to get into IFMR

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
DUMB QUERY

My interview was on 4th april. They asked me about my first preference of course, I said PGDM general, does this mean I will not be selected for PGDM-FE???

Nope it just means u would be considered for PGDM general b4 FE. In case u don't make it to PGDM, u will be considered for FE
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

DUMB QUERY

My interview was on 4th april. They asked me about my first preference of course, I said PGDM general, does this mean I will not be selected for PGDM-FE???

Raghav Seth || PGDM - Financial Engineering || External Relations Representative || IFMR 2011-13
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got over with my GDPI on 3rd April. It went well, so i am assuming that i might convert and for this very reason I wanted get some information on the following things ( If seniors could help me)

1) What is the breakage(amount of installments) of the fees (as a matter of fact it is nowhere mentioned in the prospectus) ?

2) What amount and to whom(what basis) are the scholarship awarded (I read about the full waiver and 50% waiver to 25% students.... so is it awarded on the CGPA) ?:cheerio:

3) What was the median and highest salary for the year 2010?:oops::oops:

It would help a great deal to base my decision so please reply asap as i have to take the decision

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...