[2011-2013] FORE School of Management GD/PI experiences

I believe that the GDPI process for 2011-2013 session at FORE School of Management has already started. I request all the candidates, who have gone through the process, to kindly post their experience here in the following format. I am posting the…

I believe that the GDPI process for 2011-2013 session at FORE School of Management has already started. I request all the candidates, who have gone through the process, to kindly post their experience here in the following format. I am posting the link to last year's thread from where I borrowed the format. All The Best to everyone for the GDPIs.

Last year's thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2012-fore-school-of-mgmt-gd-pi-experience-25051841

Format:

Date & Venue:

CAT score:
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) :

Xth %age:
XIIth %age:
Graduation Degree and %age :

Work Experience in months(if any) :
Work-Ex sector:

GD Topic :
GD Time limit:
GD Experience :

PI experience :

Anything else you would like to share :

Cheers! :cheers:

I cant believe I am the first person to share my views..anyways, here are the details:
CAT score: 91.23
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) : PGDM

Xth %age: 80.6
XIIth %age:70.4
Graduation Degree and %age : Engineering, 72.5

Work Experience in months(if any) : 29
Work-Ex sector: IT

GD Topic : Does business has something to do with ethics or profit is the only motive of business?
GD Time limit: 2 min to think, 20 min to discuss including individual summary
GD Experience : 14 numbered chairs in our group but only 9 candidates turned up. blank papers were offerred. topic was generic so everyone was comfortable. There was no fish market. Everyone contributed and behaved sensibly in GD. It was a dream GD to me as everything went as expected. Made 4 entries with analogies and examples from industry.

PI experience : I cant comment on how it went as there were questions which I didnt answer and interviewers shared laughs among themselves. It could be just checking my non-verbal reactions or may be something else. Here are the questions-
what is systems engineer and explain its responsiblities
which all projects you worked upon, clients?
you worked for a banking client. So have you worked on Data-statisctical analysis, modelling etc?
Can SBI Pan India customer's data be accommodated in your database? First tell which database u used and what is its max limit
asked abt my academics-schooling and graduation
Who is baba Ramdev, his childhood, his education, how he became so popular and controversies(I mentioned Yoga as my interest)
Have you read Autobiography of a Yogi?
What do u mean by Raja-Yoga and Transcendental meditation
If Narayanmurthy is Chief mentor for Infosys who is mentor then?
Why Nandan Nilekani left Infosys?
Who will be next CEO?
Tell me abt the letter written by Sudha Murthy to a big industrialist(JRD Tata)?
Why JPC is in news? why JPC is being preferred by opposition over PAC?
Which other calls do u have? what is your preference order?
Entire process was over in 2 hours for me(I was 4th candidate to get interviewed by the panel). So puys, have complete information about yourself, general awareness and work-ex/academics will sail you through. All the best!!

thanks bro.....
hope dis motivates some of the shy people.....

they didnt ask you why mba????

I cant believe I am the first person to share my views..anyways, here are the details:

GD Topic : Does business has something to do with ethics or profit is the only motive of business?
GD Experience : 14 numbered chairs in our group but only 9 candidates turned up. blank papers were offerred. topic was generic so everyone was comfortable. There was no fish market. Everyone contributed and behaved sensibly in GD. It was a dream GD to me as everything went as expected. Made 4 entries with analogies and examples from industry.

PI experience : I cant comment on how it went as there were questions which I didnt answer and interviewers shared laughs among themselves. It could be just checking my non-verbal reactions or may be something else. Here are the questions-
you worked for a banking client. So have you worked on Data-statisctical analysis, modelling etc?
Can SBI Pan India customer's data be accommodated in your database? First tell which database u used and what is its max limit
Who is baba Ramdev, his childhood, his education, how he became so popular and controversies(I mentioned Yoga as my interest)
Who will be next CEO?
Tell me abt the letter written by Sudha Murthy to a big industrialist(JRD Tata)?
Entire process was over in 2 hours for me(I was 4th candidate to get interviewed by the panel). So puys, have complete information about yourself, general awareness and work-ex/academics will sail you through. All the best!!

Hi MangoPeople:D
Can u please tell me that for, "So have you worked on Data-statisctical analysis, modelling etc?
Can SBI Pan India customer's data be accommodated in your database? First tell which database u used and what is its max limit", are u actually working on this part???Actually I m also working in the IT industry and for a bank as a client... But then my work is mostly related to developing a website... This particular ques comes into the DOMAIN part and ideally one should know it but SHOULD one really know the banking terms in that detail!!!??? :shocked:

nope..all the conventional interview questions were missing.

Hi MangoPeople:D
Can u please tell me that for, "So have you worked on Data-statisctical analysis, modelling etc?

This Thread is Exclusively for GD/PI experiences.
Please do not clutter the thread with irrelevant questions.
PM the user if you have anything to ask from him.

Regards,
Dev

@anubhav-if ur work doesnt involve intricacies of domain knowledge,state clearly to the panel.for sbi question,data is insufficient.we dont knw no of fields for each customer and total no of customers.

Who will be next CEO?

VOW!!!all these questions were directly asked or were they linked to something you said?Baba Ramdev,Raja Yog,Sudha' letter??

guys any idea last yr IB course kee waitlist kaha tak clear ho gayee thee...:)

CAT score-94.69

X-89
XII-71.2
Grads-B.tech(biotechnology)

GD: 2 mins to think n 20 mins for discussion n then randomly asked to summarise in 30 sec or so..

Topic: Is India's Space research programme socially n economically justified..??

Total pple in group
expected-13 present-8

PI: Goals short term n long term( checkd a lot)- tuk 10 mins
Latest happening in businesss world
Latest happening in IPR
Bt Cotton issue
Bt Brinjal issue
More abt IPR as i had a certificate from WIPO
Biotech products in India n abroad.
hw pharam sector can benefit from it
hw to produce seedless oranges from china.. name of technique

total time-20 mins...

P.S. converted in 1st List.. Yipeee...!!!

CAT score: 92
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) : unfortunately I applied only for IB

Xth %age:75
XIIth %age:70
Graduation Degree and %age :66

Work Experience in months(if any) :3yrs
Work-Ex sector:IT

GD Topic : Should women be given reservation in parliament
GD Time limit: 10mins
GD Experience :Good ... very one got chance to speak and summarize

PI experience : jst OK ... very normal discussion regarding IT sector .... no tech .. no acad questions .. jst general quesions

Anything else you would like to share : Yes
1. I am not feeling good bcoz i applied for IBM only ...
2. There was no interaction with seniors .... I wanted to interact and wanted to know abt FORE ... abt IB ....

Request: Plz seniors jst PM me ... I have some queries and you can only solve them .... Thanks in advance

Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) :PGDM

Xth %age:85.8
XIIth %age:76.4
Graduation Degree and %age :B.Tech 73.7

GD Topic : Should women be given reservation in parliament
GD Time limit:3min to think,12min to discuss,20sec to evry1 for summarizing
GD Experience : It became a fish market right from the beginning.Two guys were there who were continuously speaking on and on and on ... and no-one got the chance to speak but still people were speaking .. Seemed like evry1 was talking to themselves.. COMPLETE FISH MARKET

PI experience : It was a very general one. Seemed like they were trying to enjoy each and every moment of these interviews. No acads were asked.

Anything else you would like to share : Be cool and calm. Just relax and dont go with any preconceived notion.

ATB!

Verdict- Converted

Hi Seniors,

I need help !! I am trying to submit my details on the information sheet on the FORE website and my photo just isnt uploading. I thought there might be a net problem and waited for two more days but the problem persists.

Kindly advise me what can be done.1st March is the last date of submitting the form.

Net SqlClient Data ProviderString or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.This is the error message I'm getting.

Sorry for not following the format, am in a slight hurry but I had to post this. Puys aren't posting their experiences for some strange reason. :

Anyhow, here goes.

Had my slot at 09:00 am, reached the FORE campus at 08:45 am. Neat building. For those who don't know, FORE is on the same lane as IIFT, most auto wallahs don't seem to know FORE, so you can give IIFT or Rockland Hospital as reference. Wahan se khud dhund lena. :D

All the people were divided into three groups and you are made to sign on a sheet as soon as you enter and you're also given a number. Then you are led to Pragya Hall, which is basically a seminar room kinda hall. There were 13 people in my group, of which 3 people were absent. You keep sitting in Pragya Hall till they finish all the formalities. There's chai in between, but koi le hi nahin raha tha. You can leave all your belongings in Pragya Hall, no tension. :)

Then they showed us a chhota sa movie on FORE, Freda ma'am looks so cute! 😁 Then they took us to our GD where the seats were already numbered, and we sat accordingly. The GD according to me was a complete disaster, complete fish market! Topic- About the Grading system that Kapil Sibal introduced, forgot the exact words. I hope these topics don't get repeated. 😞 Could enter the GD barely 4-5 times but I think I did a fairly good job. 3 mins to think and write (paper is provided), 12 mins to discuss oops shout, and 20 secs each to summarize. People kept repeating their points, some people dominated the GD, overall not satisfactory at all. As a group, I think we failed big time. The seats are placed so far away that one almost needs to shout to be heard, and 13 people in a group is a bit too much I feel. :splat::banghead::nono:

After that I got back to Pragya Hall and waited for my PI turn. It's the wait that's killing. Finally, after about an hour's wait, I was called for my PI. The PI was smooth, friendly panel, in fact the same panel as the GD. No specific questions as such, but they did ask me 'why MBA'. Apart from that, they mostly pick stuff from the Information Sheet so fill it really carefully. The sir kept grilling me on photography (had mentioned it as one of my hobbies), they also asked me about my percentile and other calls. It's better to be honest and tell them all your calls, they can find out. :shocked:

Then the document verification took place, that was smooth. The sirs checking the documents though, were more interested in finishing up the cookies and chai first. A note here, just 10th and 12th marksheets won't suffice, you also need to get photostats of the 10th and 12th passing certificates. Photostating is not a problem though, you have two photostat corners at FORE, so that's not an issue. :)

The seniors, I saw a couple of them while waiting for my PI turn. They just looked at us and went away. No talking. 😐 That's about it, smooth process, it helps if you are first in your group, the entire process will finish off real quick. I was 7th in my group and it took about 3 hours to get done with it.

Good luck to everyone else. Overall, well managed, smooth process. Try out the canteen, I couldn't owing to lack of time. :

Wat was ur topic for GD ?

kushchopra89 Says
Wat was ur topic for GD ?

Edited my post.
Hi Seniors,

I need help !! I am trying to submit my details on the information sheet on the FORE website and my photo just isnt uploading. I thought there might be a net problem and waited for two more days but the problem persists.

Kindly advise me what can be done.1st March is the last date of submitting the form.

Net SqlClient Data ProviderString or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.This is the error message I'm getting.

Buddy this thread is to share GD PI experiences. Please avoid putting in your queries in here and cluttering the thread. Direct your questions to the thread for asking Queries

Anyways I think you asked the same query in that thread also. Please wait for few minutes/hours before you post the same question in multiple threads. As you notice your query has been answered in other thread in just 10 minutes or so. So this post is irrelevant and can be considered as spam!!

As suggested by try4it please contact admission office to get a solution.

P.S: Sorry for this post which further clutters the thread!!

CAT score: 91.47
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) : both
date- 23th feb

Xth %age: 84
XIIth %age: 68
Graduation Degree and %age : appearing btech mechanical

Work Experience in months(if any) :none
Work-Ex sector:

GD Topic : is global warming a reality or myth. no fish market because very few were participating
3 groups were der n ol wer given same topic 15 mins for d gd 3 man in d panel 1 industry guy. 2 maybe d faculty. overall a good experience as topic was general every1 was gievn time to summarize after 15 min discussion.

PI experience :
tell me abt urself?

hw was the gd??(i dnt knw what happened der they accused me of saying things that i never said i think they wer mistaken nyways take it lightly if nything like this happens to you)

tell me abt indian economy?

then some maths question?

then they asked me deep about my hobbies???

then asked me about amity?(i m frm amity) about ashok chauhan..
then some question from acads? pretty basic

thats it.

A suggestion to all:
Please add the date and location of your GDPI also. It will help in narrowing down what kinda panels are visiting other cities apart from Delhi.