2010 MBA Applications

Hi all Not many discussions between folks applying in 2010. The application work is heating up. I think it is the right time to get the interaction started. If this is your First post: 1. Introduce yourself with your short profile. …

Hi all

Not many discussions between folks applying in 2010. The application work is heating up. I think it is the right time to get the interaction started.

If this is your First post:
1. Introduce yourself with your short profile.
2. List the schools that you are planning to apply to in 2010.

Cheers

My profile
GMAT:700
WorkEx:4 years(till now) - Strategic Sourcing and Trading. Start up in Kuwait. Business with Oil companies. 2 years International experience.
Extracurriculars: Good. Leadership positions with solid ground work(4+ years).
Acads: Engineer, Average.
Languages: English,Hindi, Spanish, Arabic(basic) + 2 other Indian languages

Schools applying to:
HBS, Harvard
INSEAD
Kellogg, Northwestern
Fuqua, Duke
Ross, Michigan
Anderson, UCLA
Mccombs, UT

I have just started out with the essay work. Would love to discuss anything related to applications with fellow applicants.

Anyone attending the Wharton Bangalore presentation on 26-May-2010 ??? I am planning to(but not applying to the school). We can catch up there. Pls let me know.

@bigbigdreams : Nice to see that you've started the good work.

My Profile
Gmat : 720 (49/41/4.5)
IIM -4.5 yrs WEx by Fall 2011 with a leading IT Giant
decent extra curriculars, nothing great to distinguish myself

Target Schools : mostly Tier 2, finance issues

I applied to ross/unc/rotman in Fall 2010 and got an admit from rotman. couldn't join because of monetary issues :-(.

I'm game for Fall 2011 season. Last year we had an excellent discussion among aspirants and lots of gyan was shared. Some of the links where generic discussion took place are

Fall 2010 aspirants thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fall-2010-aspirants-25040878

Fall 2010 Admits thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fall-2010-admits-25048839

Accepted.com queries resolution thread.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-jenniferacceptedcom-application-writing-advice-for-the-best-global-b-schools-25025495
[ My personal take: take advice with a pinch of salt]

Fall 2010 aspirants Visa thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fall-2010-i-20-f-1-visa-for-admits-25050508

Loans thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/credila-loans-vs-bank-loans-25039456

It would really be appreciated if you do the homework and go through past threads before posting queries in if your profile is good enough because there exists no answer to it. Yes we would try to help you around but be sure to do teh groundwork up front. this would help in having constructive discussions.

All the best to all aspirants. i really do hope that i dont have to return to Fall 2012 aspirants thread .
Let the war games begin then

I applied to ross/unc/rotman in Fall 2010 and got an admit from rotman. couldn't join because of monetary issues :-(.

@ Nishant23: Good luck with your applications this year. Which schools are you applying to this year? Are you reapplying to any of the above mentioned schools ?
bigbigdreams Says
@ Nishant23: Good luck with your applications this year. Which schools are you applying to this year? Are you reapplying to any of the above mentioned schools ?

I dont see myself re-applying to schools because i don't think i have added that much to my profile which i can speak about in my re app essays.
Schools which i'm targetting : well i have not decided yet, will be doing it by Aug. But will mostly be Tier 2 schools ( US News 20-40). Finance is a big concern for me and i dont see myself doing a MBA without a schol. To get a schol at top school with my profile would really be unrealistic.

All the best to other aspirants. Please join the train. It's high time for the wheels to start rolling.

@@ All : Bubling up the thread so that aspirants can get going.

@Aspirants : any idea about summer sessions being held by students /alums in cities. If you come across such sessions do surely post over here.

@@ All : Bubling up the thread so that aspirants can get going.

@Aspirants : any idea about summer sessions being held by students /alums in cities. If you come across such sessions do surely post over here.

Hey Nishant

Have you started writing your applications. How is it going ? Where all are you applying to ?

Cheers

hello everyone
can anyone clarify my doubts.i am an mba aspirant.i have passed out my btech in 2008.i m goin to write cat this year.i dont have any work experience also.will these year gaps matter while getting admission in a gud b-school?if i score above 90 percetile will there be any chance of getting admission in a gud b-school?please reply soon

Hi guys,

Kaplan is doing an online information on number of schools. You can attend it here. You will also find recording of previous sessions

HTH

everyone in the other posts clarify your concept and i do not try to anwser the same question