Fall 2010 aspirants

2,135 Posts  ·  224 Users
About this group
Hi Fellow aspirants, It's that time of year when we need to start working on our applications.Could not find a generic thread for 2010 where we can discuss our queries. Hope so we see active participation on the thread. I will be applying f...
Page 1 of 214

Dear All,

Please help... I want to into get Schulich but am not sure if my profile meets the expectations of the admission officers. My background is as:

Indian-Sudanese Girl.
Studied Civil Engineering (hons) 5 years..
pass division Second upper ( CGPA 6.89/10) from the University of Khartoum, Sudan ( Graduated in 2007) After that I worked as an oilfield engineer for Schlumberger for 1.25 years ( was based out of Mumbai) .. After a 6 month break (during which I took IELTS and got 8/9), I worked for 6 months in Sudan and then again 6 months in India in the import/export industry for private firms..i took GMAT earlier this year and scored 650, AWA 5.0. I am 25, getting married in December, moving to Toronto after the wedding and not working currently. I need to know if my background seems passable?..

Am very much interested in Sustainable development, however if Schulich is too high an expectation for me.. am considering Ryerson's MBA in management and innovations along with a graduate diploma in sustainability and business from Schulich...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

~D.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
evensense Says
binurajbinu tell one thing more "the marks which they account include all i mean 10,12,and graduation or only graduation

They consider your undergraduate GPA. I am not sure on how important are the marks of 12th and 10th.
binurajbinu tell one thing more "the marks which they account include all i mean 10,12,and graduation or only graduation
hi,
m in 4th yr in B.E(CSE), targeting for MBA exam this yr
is it worth to give GMAT now with no experience and an average academics
can any foreign univ provide me admission on GMAT basis,
one more thing what should be min and good marks to target a good international univ, at current stage

In my opinion, this is the best time to give GMAT. You have sharp skills and you can excel in GMAT. GMAT score is valid for 5 years.

Most of the schools abroad prefer atleast 2 years of work experience.

The algorithm for converting the percentage marks ( Indian system ) to the GPA ( scale of 4.0 ) is confusing at times. [ i am still doing some reading on this ]. some schools state that if you get above 65% your GPA will be around 3.5 out of 4.0.

hi,
m in 4th yr in B.E(CSE), targeting for MBA exam this yr
is it worth to give GMAT now with no experience and an average academics
can any foreign univ provide me admission on GMAT basis,
one more thing what should be min and good marks to target a good international univ, at current stage

~*subscribe*~

hi guys,

The latest US news rankings are out. do have a look :-

Best Business Schools - Graduate Schools - Education - US News and World Report

Cheers
Varun

Hi...all
I am working in IT company...Planning to give GMAT by sept end....
Work Exp will be 2 yrs then......
Can neone tell me....except from good GMAT score....wat u need to be in a gud MBA Univ.......
Mine acads are average....n co-ciricular activites are also not so great.......
Please suggest....

ghk
@ghk  ·  0 karma
Congos Ghk!

I have been off this thread as I dropped my apps, but was just going through some posts..
Two points caught my eye, you're a post-grad and you have 4 yrs of exp..and you're 26..:-o
UN Volunteer..interesting 😃 this is probably not the right place, but i hv been trying to get my hands into it - can you suggest what is the right way to go? I am based out of NCR, India.

Thanks for you wishes! He he actually I will be 27 in a few months.

Sorry but I did't quite get what suggestion you wanted!
Ha ha Rocky this will be interesting!

Here is my profile:

GMAT: 640 (Q44, V34)
Undergrads: 76%
Masters: 3.66 GPA
Work exp: 4years - R&D; - Fortune 10 (all my work exp is in US; none in India, if that means anything!)
Social activities: 12years in non-profit, Serving on the board of a non-profit org. (Operations), UN Volunteer, Blogger, social media addict,
languages: 7 (4 Indian, mandarin, korean, and English)

So as you can see not a great profile, and certainly not a glamorous GMAT score 😃 Yet to find a IESE admit with a lower score. Anyways, I'm not sure if i could be considered as a benchmark to assess a typical intake's requisites.

Congos Ghk!

I have been off this thread as I dropped my apps, but was just going through some posts..
Two points caught my eye, you're a post-grad and you have 4 yrs of exp..and you're 26..:-o
UN Volunteer..interesting 😃 this is probably not the right place, but i hv been trying to get my hands into it - can you suggest what is the right way to go? I am based out of NCR, India.