[2010-2012] BIM Trichy GD-PI Preparation

Dear puys, Congratulations to all who got shortlisted for the GD-PI process… Now lets focus all your attention towards preparation. I am a student at BIM trichy, 26th Batch and I’ll try my best to help you guys for the preparation. …

Dear puys,

Congratulations to all who got shortlisted for the GD-PI process...
Now lets focus all your attention towards preparation.

I am a student at BIM trichy, 26th Batch and I'll try my best to help you guys for the preparation.

Request to all puys -: Kindly use this thread only for the GD-PI preparation related discussions. Any other query regarding change of date/location cut-off etc can be taken in the following thread....

BIM Trichy Shortlist Out

Kindly refrain from asking queries like "what are my chances to get selected..." . I hope you are good in probability and you can calculate it yourself...

All the best.

Regards,
Vikas Kumar Singh
BIM26

Hi Vikas,

Please let me know the nature of GD topics in last year's process??

Murali

Hi Vikas,

Please let me know the nature of GD topics in last year's process.

Murali

guys check the previous yrs gd/pi exp

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/bim-trichy-2009-11-gd-pi-experiences-25038297

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/bim-trichy-2008-gd-pi-experiences-25029777

Hello folks,

I have seen in the forum that, the candidates will be provided with a Green form to fill in some details...And a few people have quoted that the PI Questions will be based on that.

Does anyone knew what kind of info we need to fill apart from the regular stuffs like name,DoB, X, XII marks etc., ??

Hi Vikas,

Please let me know the nature of GD topics in last year's process.

Murali

GD topics can be anything...so no guess is best guess in my opinion...just be ready with current hot topics...having a point of view on diverse areas always helps in GD...use general tactics to look for the points and follow normal GD Etiquettes...You don't need to shout to get selected...

Prepare upon the area where you want to do MBA...however if you are not sure about what you want to specialize into...then no issues you can say that..Honesty is always good..You can see that in my GD-PI Experience post...

If you have any other doubts regarding GD-PI preparation let me know...If anyone wants to contact through phone or email then please PM me...

Regards,
Vikas Kumar Singh

The GD topics normally would be some current issue related stuff or an abstract topic ...The groups had 10-12 members last year ..make sure it doesnt turn out into a fish market...Follow the normal GD rules and make sure u get your thoughts structured out and communicate it without obstructing the flow of your group...If in the rare case that u get a topic which you have absolutely no idea about , relax and LISTEN to what others say ...then once you get a fair idea then drop into the conversation...the GD's are generally long so u will have ample time...The crux is to listen which most of us dont do once we decide on what to say...Normally the topics get repeated so keep track of the topics in this forum
With regards to PI , be absolutely clear on why you want to do an MBA and from BIM ...Normally dependin on what you answer in your "tell me about yourself " question you should be able to steer the conversation to your comfortable areas ...There would be some current affairs questions thrown up which would mostly be repeated ...
Go through all the prev yr discussions and try to get answers for all the questions which were asked ...I guess this should be more than enough ...ATB ppl

What are the weightages to CAT score,GD,PI,Acads and Workex in the final selection?

s kalyan c Says
What are the weightages to CAT score,GD,PI,Acads and Workex in the final selection?

The weightages to different factors mentioned by you are not declared...So we can't get you offcial word on it...I would say that each of these factors have almost equal weightage....

however what you need to understand is that you can't do anything about some of the factors such as CAT score, Acads and Work ex... these will remain same for at least this year...What you can do is make good use of the opportunity and perform well in GD-PI...if you can impress the selectors there I'm sure you will be in...i have many examples where a student with good score in every aspect couldn't make it through where as some other guys with good GD-PI were selected...

so just prepare well and hit it hard with confidence...

Hello folks,

I have seen in the forum that, the candidates will be provided with a Green form to fill in some details...And a few people have quoted that the PI Questions will be based on that.

Does anyone knew what kind of info we need to fill apart from the regular stuffs like name,DoB, X, XII marks etc., ??

Yeah its true..a Green form was given to fill up general info and info like area of specialization etc..just wait for the form and ask us if you have any doubt in that...

All the best to all of you...

were sectional cutoffs considered for this year's shortlist....pls reply

Hi can anyone tel about the nature of the GD topics...

ani_cat Says
were sectional cutoffs considered for this year's shortlist....pls reply

There is no sectional cutoff...Overall cutoff is as per your category...

Ganu02 Says
Hi can anyone tel about the nature of the GD topics...

The GD Topic can be anything...it can be a current issue or even an abstract one...so be prepared for everything...Please refer to the last year or last to last year GD PI Experience threads to know the types of GD Topics and PI questions asked... you can find these thread links in my signature also.

All the best
Vikas Kumar Singh

hi juniors,
my GD topic was " should MBAs enter politics?"
there were 10 ppl i think..i did not shout and i spoke only twice but made my points very clear.that helped.
in the interview ,i was asked two questions in statistical mechanics since i am a physics grad.
after tht i was asked " wat will happen if interest rates are made low?"
i had written (in that green form)that i read books by salman rushdie,and i was asked what was the award which rushdie recently received. i answered tht.
i was asked to tell the jist of "midnight's children" in two sentences.

so be very careful about the magazines and authors you mention in that green form.please write wat u know ..jus the truth.

all the best
Smilies Smilies Smilies

Nithila Naidu
PR Committee
BIM,Trichy

when will we fill green form...

The green form will be sent to you through post. You'll be receiving it soon

imazing Says
The green form will be sent to you through post. You'll be receiving it soon

hi,
Got call with 60.86% (TN-MBC)
i received the form but this time it is in yellow
Interview date-19th aprl @ trichy 9.00am

Can anyone please tell me if MUMBAI/PUNE/NAGPUR is a center for gdpi.
I have my gdpi in chennai and i dont think i ll b able to make it to chennai...

Hi,

Cat- 93.06
B.E.CSE - 89.1
Tenth - 86.55
Twelfth - 92.25

I have got a call and the yellow form

Will there be any shortlisting after the GD ?
And should we remember all that we have written in this yellow form..?

:

Hi,

Cat- 93.06
B.E.CSE - 89.1
Tenth - 86.55
Twelfth - 92.25

I have got a call and the yellow form

Will there be any shortlisting after the GD ?
And should we remember all that we have written in this yellow form..?

:

No shortlisting after the GD. Even in some cases PI is done before GD also.