[2010-12] Institute Of Management, Nirma University Admissions

Guys NIRMA notification is out!!! **Number of Seats Available : 180 *Fifteen percent of the intake is likely to be reserved for admission to NRI/NRI sponsored students. Over and above fifteen percent seats are also allocated to Perso…

Guys NIRMA notification is out!!!!!!!!!!!
Number of Seats Available : 180
Fifteen percent of the intake is likely to be reserved for admission to NRI/NRI sponsored students. Over and above fifteen percent seats are also allocated to Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/Foreign Students/Children of Indian workers of Gulf countries and South East Asia.
Eligibility
A three-year bachelor's degree (10+2+3) or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university with atleast 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA. Students appearing in the final examination of a bachelor's degree can also apply.
********************************************************************************
Last Date For Receiving Filled-in Application Form: December 31, 2009.
********************************************************************************
Admission Procedure
Application Form
Prospective candidates are required to fill in the IM application form. To obtain the application form and prospectus, applicants should send a request along with a demand draft for Rs. 1,500/- favouring "Institute of Management, Nirma University" payable at Ahmedabad, addressed to:
Deputy Registrar
Institute of Management
Nirma University of Science and Technology
Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway
Ahmedabad - 382 481 (Gujarat) INDIA
[email protected]
The following weightage will be given for each component of the selection criteria :
Written Test : 70%
Personal Interview : 20%
Group Discussion : 10%
SEE THIS IMS - Notification
Seniors please help us throughtout the selection process.
PUYS are requested to post over here.
Minimum Percentile for giving Calls:
92% for CAT 2006
91% for CAT 2007
90% for CAT 2008
Minimum Sectional Scores:
50% in all sections
Special points to note:
  1. No profile based calls.
  2. No Sectional cut-off for an overall percentile greater than or equal to 95.

GUYS check it out-http://www.imnu.ac.in/www/downloads/MandatoryDisclosure09-10.pdf

Some useful old threads for you:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-11-nirma-gd-pi-discussions-25037798
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nirma-2008-gd-pi-experiences-25029218
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admissions-2008-10-institute-of-management-nirma-university-ahmedabad-25025432
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-regarding-nirma-2007-2009-batch-25018018
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifeinstitute-of-management-nirma-university-ahmedabad-25024183

I'll ask students from 08-10 and 09-11 batch to help you all out.

On behalf of the current students of IMNU, I can say that it will be our pleasure to help fellow puys regarding any query related to the school and its admission process et al. For a better picture of daily life here in IMNU, you can always visit this thread.

Cheers.

The average salary for the 2008 batch isn't much guys....its only 5 Lakhs....is this college worth it? Better than a job at Infy/TCS?

The average salary for the 2008 batch isn't much guys....its only 5 Lakhs....is this college worth it? Better than a job at Infy/TCS?

What are the total course fees including Hostel & mess????Are the gd-pi conducted all over INDIA???

@krish2009
The total course fees including mess and hostel is Rs 5.91 lakhs for the two years.
Yes GD-PI are conducted all over India

Thank you Sirjee...:splat:Can you tell me,what are the exact no. of seats in general quoata???Do the college provide us with laptops???

There are 180 seats for the MBA Full Time course out of which 15% are reserved for NRI/Gulf quota.

The college doesn't provide us with laptops. Students have to buy their own.

@krish09
There are 180 seats for the MBA Full Time course out of which 15% are reserved for NRI/Gulf quota.
The college doesn't provide the laptops.you need to get your own.

HI All,

What is current placement scenario?

Regards

HI All,

What is current placement scenario?

Regards

current placement?? not yet started man..........

Thanks for info!!!

Can you please tell me does ur institute accept GMAT score and if yes Wht is Avg GMAT and CAT score is required?

Thanks for info!!!

Can you please tell me does ur institute accept GMAT score and if yes Wht is Avg GMAT and CAT score is required?

The Institute accepts CAT score. GMAT score also accepted from the candidates in thecategory of Foreign Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin, Non-Resident Indians and
Gulf only..
The minimum CAT percentile accepted for this years batch was 90 percentile,however very few people in the range of this score could convert the final call,the ones who converted the final call at this score had work ex so it made up for their low score.
You can refer the mandatory disclosure available on the institute's site for more information,here is the link-http://www.imnu.ac.in/www/downloads/MandatoryDisclosure09-10.pdf
The Institute accepts CAT score. GMAT score also accepted from the candidates in thecategory of Foreign Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin, Non-Resident Indians and
Gulf only..
The minimum CAT percentile accepted for this years batch was 90 percentile,however very few people in the range of this score could convert the final call,the ones who converted the final call at this score had work ex so it made up for their low score.
You can refer the mandatory disclosure available on the institute's site for more information,here is the link-http://www.imnu.ac.in/www/downloads/MandatoryDisclosure09-10.pdf

Hi Katoch,
I'm planning to apply to NIRMA University as a NRI.
Can you please let me know what was the minimum GMAT score that fetched the GD/PI call last year ?

Many Thanks,
Prabhu

Hi. i read in shivangi's article that only about 60% of the batch is experienced and the upper limit is 3 years.does this mean that unlike most other reputed b schools,freshers have a fair chance of getting selected?also i read in the forum that although 90%ile overall with 50%ile sectionally has been mentioned,it was sufficient only those with work ex.i've scored X-88.2% XII-82.2% B.COM-83.5% no work ex.how should i score this time to stand a chance?
regards
Manjushaa

Hi. i read in shivangi's article that only about 60% of the batch is experienced and the upper limit is 3 years.does this mean that unlike most other reputed b schools,freshers have a fair chance of getting selected?also i read in the forum that although 90%ile overall with 50%ile sectionally has been mentioned,it was sufficient only those with work ex.i've scored X-88.2% XII-82.2% B.COM-83.5% no work ex.how should i score this time to stand a chance?
regards
Manjushaa

Hi,
In most of the reputed B-Schools of India, including the IIMs, freshers do have a good chance of getting selected, given they score well in CAT and they fare well in GDPI. IMNU is not an exception. I bear the testimony to that.

The percentile cut off which you have read was of last year's. There is ample possibility that it can change this year. The average percentile of our batch lies somewhere around 96-97 percentile and there are quite a handful of students with 99+ percentiles. The more you score is the better you stand a chance. Your acads are pretty good. So thats a plus for you.

ATB.
regards
Manjushaa

I would like to clear one doubt of yours that 60% is not on the lesser side in terms of work ex. If you look at any of the reputed bschool in the country in our league have similar figures of work ex students, also these figures changes every year. As Aahit told, u have to score well in CAT and GD PI process to get in like any other college.

sorry for this mesasge as it did not showed up when I submitted it