[2008] 1 year PGPCMX at MICA

Dear Folks Can any one advice me about one year (16months) full time residential program in MICA they are taking work exp of 3 or more years. with CAT/GMAT score I have 2.8 yrs exp can i apply there??? Since i cooulnt find relevent t…

Dear Folks

Can any one advice me about one year (16months) full time residential program in MICA
they are taking work exp of 3 or more years. with CAT/GMAT score
I have 2.8 yrs exp can i apply there???

Since i cooulnt find relevent thread i am starting new one '

Apply and see.. if u get a call than its good... Or you may contact any student/faculty of MICA and ask them to provide the details.

Apne Forum main hi bahut log MICA se hain 😉

Dear Folks

Can any one advice me about one year (16months) full time residential program in MICA
they are taking work exp of 3 or more years. with CAT/GMAT score
I have 2.8 yrs exp can i apply there???

Since i cooulnt find relevent thread i am starting new one '

Hi

You can send a private message to Admissions@MICA

The person is Professor Deval Kartik who is a faculty at MICA
She will be the right person to guide you as most of the puys might not have sufficient information about the program.

All the best!!

Yenjaay

hey Chuck,

have some queries regarding Ex course...

1) are the seats distributed equally amongst the specz
2) If there are more applications for a perticular specz, the chances of getting shortlisted will be relatively less, rt?
3) Can I change the specz to get shortlisted then... If there are less applications for the other specz and am ok with it? For instance priority.. Media, however ok with Retail if its not possible in Media.

last but equally imp... 4) any idea about the number of applicants?

Cheers... Chhavi

This thread had been opened with a title which neither captured the essence of the course, nor the excitement of Puys to post.
Hence asked mod to change the title to what it is now. Thanks, however, to Matrix for the thread.

Go ahead... share your feelings till MICAT and GE/PI... and hopefully for the next one year for all the lucky few who will make it to MICA.

Application deadline was 03 Mar.
Today is 04th. MICAT and GE/PI on 15th and 16th.
When will the shortlist be out??:tellme:

Hi
There is a link named MICA Admissions 2008 - Shorlisted Candidates for GE & PI on MICA website. Is it for their regular program?
Hi
There is a link named MICA Admissions 2008 - Shorlisted Candidates for GE & PI on MICA website. Is it for their regular program?

Yes. That link is for regular course.
Anybody any idea when the shortlist will be out?

I recd a reply to the mail I sent to MICA regarding the above and other queries. I am pasting it below :-
'... By tomorrow (05 Mar) we should be able to finalise the candidates..."

Prof Hemant Trivedi
MICA

I am surprised by the THANDAAA treatment to this thread.........
Alot of eyes are prying....but few are putting down the thoughts.:(:sad:

Bcoz onli few would be knowing about PGPCMX in MICA...

Even i wasnt aware before...

Bcoz onli few would be knowing about PGPCMX in MICA...

Even i wasnt aware before...

Agreed. That is because MICA notified about the course only on Jan 31. Presumably, they were waiting for AICTE approval. But it is sure to become a raging hit from next year. And as far as my info goes, IT IS THE ONLY 1 YR MBA COURSE WHICH HAS GOT THE AICTE APPROVAL. Hats off to that.
Mackenna Says
Agreed. That is because MICA notified about the course only on Jan 31. Presumably, they were waiting for AICTE approval. But it is sure to become a raging hit from next year. And as far as my info goes, IT IS THE ONLY 1 YR MBA COURSE WHICH HAS GOT THE AICTE APPROVAL. Hats off to that.

Y, Isnt IIM A having approval kya???
nihit Says
Y, Isnt IIM A having approval kya???

No. The 1 yr MBA of IIM A (PGPX) does not have AICTE approval. Neither does IIM C,
IIM L (Noida campus), XLRI, ISB........

Hi,
Just received a mail from adcom for MICAT on 15th March at Ahmedabad.
Can anybody guide me as to what preparation can I do for MICAT in this short time period. I don't have much knowledge about the test.
Hence any pointers would be hugely appreciated.

Hi,
Can anybody guide me as to what preparation can I do for MICAT in this short time period. I don't have much knowledge about the test.

Hey

Just go through the Chuck's Link on MICAT GE PI,it should help you.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mica-gyaan-resources-and-faqs-25022457

Also check this years MICAT link.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/micat-2008-call-getters-25028435

BOL!!!!
Hi,

I too got the mail. 15th MICAT and GE PI at MICA.

@MK2008 -For MICAT related info, you may browse :
1. MICA Gyan and resources in Exam prep
2. MICAT 2008 in CAT and related discussions.

Hi,
Can anyone tell what is the cutoff for MICA PGPCMX programm.

Hi,
Can anyone tell what is the cutoff for MICA PGPCMX programm.

Hi,
Difficult to say what the cutoffs are. PGPCMX is accepting CAT/XAT/GMAT scores ........... that too - if i remember corrctly- any score after 2006 is valid. So difficult to say. Most likely ithe shortlist criteria must have been a combo of score and what we filled in the form.