15 years of education + 3 years of IT industry exp.

Hi All, its a pleasure to be in this PG website. I am a software engineer, working with Infosys Technologies Limited, Hyderabad. I had been working here for the last 2.6 years since joining as a fresher from a campus recruit. …

Hi All,

its a pleasure to be in this PG website.

I am a software engineer, working with Infosys Technologies Limited, Hyderabad.

I had been working here for the last 2.6 years since joining as a fresher from a campus recruit.

I have a B.Sc., Mathematics degree (Undergraduate Degree) from Loyola College, Chennai.

I have some queries regarding the eligibility criteria to do an MBA in USA (USA Only):

1. Do the American Universities accept people with 15 years of education?
2. If they do then, what are the universities that accept them?
3. I have an exp of 2.6 years in core IT field. Will this help me even when I have a 15 years of education degree to an MBA in USA?
4. On a whole, I want a correct solid information about me being eligible for MBA ni USA or not and what are the minimum scores that are req by me in GMAT and TOEFL?

Summary:
I am a person who with,

15 years of education + 2.6 Years of IT exp + If I try to get a score of 680 above in GMAT and a decent TOEFL score, will I be eligible for doing an MBA or not?

Please help me in solving this mystery regarding the eligibilty criteria.
I am desperate to get this information at the earliest and I would be grateful to anyone helping me in this regard.

Looking forward for your replies.

Regards,
Ganesh Raam R.

Hi All,

I am a software engineer, working with Infosys Technologies Limited, Hyderabad.

I had been working here for the last 2.6 years since joining as a fresher from a campus recruit.

I have a B.Sc., Mathematics degree (Undergraduate Degree) from Loyola College, Chennai.

I have some queries regarding the eligibility criteria to do an MBA in USA (USA Only):

3. I have an exp of 2.6 years in core IT field. Will this help me even when I have a 15 years of education degree to an MBA in USA?
4. On a whole, I want a correct solid information about me being eligible for MBA ni USA or not and what are the minimum scores that are req by me in GMAT and TOEFL?

Summary:
I am a person who with,

15 years of education + 2.6 Years of IT exp + If I try to get a score of 680 above in GMAT and a decent TOEFL score, will I be eligible for doing an MBA or not?

Please help me in solving this mystery regarding the eligibilty criteria.
I am desperate to get this information at the earliest and I would be grateful to anyone helping me in this regard.

Looking forward for your replies.

Regards,
Ganesh Raam R.

what does this 15 years of education mean?

to be eligible for MBA u don't need a score of 680, what u need is clearing the eligibility criteria set by the college. a score in GMAT will help u in getting a final admit.

for more on the eligibility criteria, u can refer the GMAT website and also the individual websites of the respective colleges

Bharath

Hi Bharatraj1,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I think you didnt get my question correctly or I explained it wrongly. I heard from a few that people with 15 years of education cannot apply for a MBA course in USA... Is it true or not?

And If they say no to a person with only 15 years of education, then will they consider a person who has 15 years of education and 2+ years of exp.???

I hope I explained once again to every one regarding my question.

Can you please help me out now?

Regards,
Ganesh Raam R

Hi All,

I am a software engineer, working with Infosys Technologies Limited, Hyderabad........

The mods will now come screaming on you for posting an individual query . Don't be offended...they just guide.

Anyways the ways to use PG for ur query

1. Go to MBA forums and see the sections.
2.Goto international MBAs section and check for threads (u mostly will have your query already asked by somebody...use search)
3. The information you asked(regd eligibility) can be found in any GMAT site or university sites , if you have tried to visit them.Using PG for queries on individual universities and their admission process would be prudent.
Hi Bharatraj1,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I think you didnt get my question correctly or I explained it wrongly. I heard from a few that people with 15 years of education cannot apply for a MBA course in USA... Is it true or not?

And If they say no to a person with only 15 years of education, then will they consider a person who has 15 years of education and 2+ years of exp.???

I hope I explained once again to every one regarding my question.

Can you please help me out now?

Regards,
Ganesh Raam R

i still didn't get this 15 years of education thing. everybody has 15 years of education. from 1 to 10th its 10 years, and then 2 years of Pre-univ and 4 years of engineering. god i have survived education for 16 years.

i dont think what u are saying is right, atleast from what little i know.

Bharath

The title shud hv been '15 /16years of education + 3 years of IT industry exp'.

Hi All,

Hey dude post your query here, you will get a better response.:-)

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956

You need not take TOEFL if your medium of education was english and GMAT score depends on the university that you want to be in. LOR's and SOP's make the whole difference.

Also check this link for eligibility criterion.

MBA in U.S.A.: Eligibility
MBA programs in United States

Hope it serves the purpose.
ATB

hey ganesh.raam,

Did some search....check out these threads

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/masters-in-usa-for-ppl-with-15-years-of-educationis-it-possible-25012071
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/b-schools-not-requiring-16-years-of-education-25010074

well a master's would see you thru the US bschool criteria...it would highly recommended to be on the safer side...just my two cents!! cheers
!!

By 15 years of education, what he means is, after junior college (10+2), he has 3 years of an undergraduate degree (like B.Com) unlike an Engineering undergraduate degree (B.E.) which is of 4 years duration in India.

Dude, what all the universities say is that they need a 4 year undergraduate (UG) degree in US or its equivalent. By 'equivalent', it depends on school to school who accept the 15 year Indian UG degree. (Though they should as per the Bolognia accord. But not all schools are party to the accord, hence the difference).

Most of the Top B-schools do accept the 15 year Indian degree (some reserve it to be on a case to case basis), some explicitly saying so. Examples of schools accepting the 3 year UG degree: NYU - Stern, Dartmouth College - Tuck, Carnegie Mellon - Tepper, Univ of Rochester - Simon, Columbia Business School, Univ of Chicago GSB, Duke Fuqua and the HBS, Wharton et al.

Nevertheless, there are many schools which do not accept the 3 year UG degree and insist students having such degrees to either complete a masters degree or atleast an additional year of masters degree to make it equivalent to the US 4 year UG degree. Examples of school NOT accepting the 3 year Indian UG degree: UCLA Anderson, UC Berkely - Haas, Univ of Georgia - Terry, Georgetown univ - McDonough, Rice University - Jones etc.

Outside the US, most of the B-schools do accept the 3 year UG degree (Melbourne Business School, ISB 😁 etc) with exceptions to the schools in Canada (Ivey, Rotman, Sauder etc)

In short, you will need to check with the individual school regarding your eligibility before you apply.

All the Best!!