1 Yr MBA for a s/w professional with 12 yrs experience

I am planning on doing 1 Yr MBA . I am currently a s/w professional ( a lead s/w engineer ) with 12 yrs experience but I am open to career change if it make sense. I would appreciate if any body can answer the two basic questions I am struggling t…

I am planning on doing 1 Yr MBA . I am currently a s/w professional ( a lead s/w engineer ) with 12 yrs experience but I am open to career change if it make sense. I would appreciate if any body can answer the two basic questions I am struggling to get answers for.

1. Assume that MBA is from a Top School, what career options make more sense given my 12 yrs experience.

2. Given that I am already making above 100k USD which appears to be a avg starting salary of a MBA graduates from Top 10 schools, does it really make sense for me pursue MBA at this point?

Even though I can see some definite advantages of doing MBA in long run - is the money worth it.

Appreciate your answers.

1. Assume that MBA is from a Top School, what career options make more sense given my 12 yrs experience.

2. Given that I am already making above 100k USD which appears to be a avg starting salary of a MBA graduates from Top 10 schools, does it really make sense for me pursue MBA at this point?

1. Since you have work ex of 12 yrs, actual value addition will be possible only if you continue with IT profile.

2. If you do MBA from a top B school, it will boost your career and profile.

You can get info on this thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/1-year-mba-options-25003891

All the best.