Zero test prep score - 530 - GMAT

hi puys, Debayan here. just wanted to know what are the indications of a 530 GMAT score on official GMAT test prep software…at zero level preparation. How do i go about improving it… Does the score totally suck? or is it o…

hi puys,

Debayan here.

just wanted to know what are the indications of a 530 GMAT score on official GMAT test prep software....at zero level preparation.

How do i go about improving it...

Does the score totally suck? or is it ok?

I know its insignificant, but pehla test tha na isiliye thodi utsukta ho rahi hai

Regards,

frankly speaking 530 is BAD!!!
please tell the scaled scores of maths and va for a better reply

Its not all that bad but your score will completely depend on how hard you work and not what you get without any preparation.

I will give u my example I got a score of 490 in the first test I gave with 0 prep and got 690 after 2 months of prep

So unitary method will say that you should do better but life is not so mathematical. Certainly how hard you toil will be what that decides how you fare.

Hope that serves.

Neel

Hey Guys it depends on how you work out.

The first test I gave I got 590 the second one the score was 640 Third it went to 680 so analyse your every test point out your weekness try and get first 15 questions right and if you are an old CAT horse you will find the time is more than enough.

Nothing to worry guys,Indians are Hard workers
Go ahead and Crack it

dont worry, just give in ur best and even 800 can be achievable !!!

hey.. I got a score of 690 in my zero-prep exam (almost a month ago).. but my score has not increased substantially since then.. any pointers..??..

Hi,

Today I gave my first test viz. zero preparation test for GMAT.
I got the score 540. (QA - 45, VA - 20).

I will be analyzing my scores and reviewing my answers. I need to find out the area of improvement.

Can you please comment on the score on zero preparation test. I seriously need your comments.

Hi puys,

I just took my 1st sample test on the mba.com site and secured a score of 710. (Q-37, VA-41). How would you suggest I proceed from here?

this is the best thread amongst all the PGuy threads.. only questions.. no answers... :cheerio:

This is good stuff man!!

even i have the same problem

47q but 19v. how to increase the verbal score guys ??

i have a pecilur problem.

While doing RC, if i practise a rc written on paper, i have an accuracy of 90%
but on pc its just 50%.

similar is wit other sections of verbal too

Hi puys,

I just took my 1st sample test on the mba.com site and secured a score of 710. (Q-37, VA-41). How would you suggest I proceed from here?

man.. this is really wierd sectional score.. I have seen very few people who get more in verbal than in quant.. and goin by the fact that we Indians are good at maths, it seems pretty unusual for anyone to get this kinda score..

your verbal is strong man.. practice a little on Quant.. try and take the score to 47+ in quant.. and you are all set for cracker of a performance.. ;)

ATB
Hi puys,

awesome man !!!

practice quant and lil bit of improvement can lead u to perfect 800 !!!!

i wud love to make u my guru for Verbal n can help u in Quant.
this is the best thread amongst all the PGuy threads.. only questions.. no answers... :cheerio:

This is good stuff man!!

Hehehe, yeh so true. It could be like a question repository and people with similar questions can PM each other and then jointly PM someone else for a solution
awesome man !!!

practice quant and lil bit of improvement can lead u to perfect 800 !!!!

i wud love to make u my guru for Verbal n can help u in Quant.

Some suggestions for quant improvement:
--Re-work last 30% of 11OG and 12OG
--Work Manhattan challenge archive

For verbal improvement:
--Diagram the CR problems (i.e., label assumptions, premises, and conclusion)
Some suggestions for quant improvement:
--Re-work last 30% of 11OG and 12OG
--Work Manhattan challenge archive

For verbal improvement:
--Diagram the CR problems (i.e., label assumptions, premises, and conclusion)

Vrinda, where can i find the Manhattan Challenge Archive ??
nuttyvarun Says
hey.. I got a score of 690 in my zero-prep exam (almost a month ago).. but my score has not increased substantially since then.. any pointers..??..

This is good stuff man!!

Hey NuttyVarun,

Common Mistakes with GMAT preparation
1: Rushing to take tests before learning anything - waste of tests
2: Starting with the Official Guide - waste of official GMAT questions
3: Giving GMAT the worst time of the day - studying after a long day
4: Skipping basics and rushing to advanced topics
5: Starting to prepare with poor English proficiency.

Now I definitely know where I messed up. I only started preparing from the OG and took the official practice test and scored good i.e. 700+ in all attempts which include reattempts.

All the common mistakes that you have mentioned are applicable to me and now I know how I got a 540 on actual GMAT (Q47, V1

Hey NuttyVarun,

Common Mistakes with GMAT preparation
1: Rushing to take tests before learning anything - waste of tests
2: Starting with the Official Guide - waste of official GMAT questions
3: Giving GMAT the worst time of the day - studying after a long day
4: Skipping basics and rushing to advanced topics
5: Starting to prepare with poor English proficiency.