Yale SOM anyone?

Hey gang, thought I would start a thread on this school as I didnt find any on it. I recently recieved an invitation to interview in New Haven. Since thats logistically impossible for me, I have requested a telephonic or personal interview in…

Hey gang,

thought I would start a thread on this school as I didnt find any on it. I recently recieved an invitation to interview in New Haven. Since thats logistically impossible for me, I have requested a telephonic or personal interview in China/India. My profile in short Indian/International Relations + Econ from the States/ 2 yrs in China with an NGO/ GMAT 740

Has anyone here interviewed with the SOM. If so, would you be kind enough to share your experience?

regard

Rollingstone

ps: just got an interview invite from Boston University. Though BU is a "backup", its glad to see the ball in motion.

Congratulations on getting the i/v calls, keep us posted. Your profile and GMAT score are above average. You might want to send a pm to one of the guys who got into Yale.

i am really interested in Yale... planning to apply for the 2007 fall batch.... Please let me know regrading your interview... and other details

hey even i am in the non profit sector also ..... in india... Yale is pretty good for the non-profit sector.... please pour in with the deatils ..

Hi Rollingstone,

I am an R1 admit to Yale SOM. I got interviewed by an alumnus in NYC. Since I'm from a non-fin background, most of the questions were related to why I should be accepted over and above a person with a WE in Banking.. Then the usual questions - why mba, why now, short and long term goals et al.. Had to run through my resume on the basis of which I was asked certain questions.

Best of luck for the i/v.

Hey MBA06,

thanks a ton for your input. I really appreciate it. Also congratz on your admits to other places.
All the best

Is there any use applying to Yale in R3.

Some thoughts please.

Hey gang,

thought I would start a thread on this school as I didnt find any on it. I recently recieved an invitation to interview in New Haven. Since thats logistically impossible for me, I have requested a telephonic or personal interview in China/India. My profile in short Indian/International Relations + Econ from the States/ 2 yrs in China with an NGO/ GMAT 740

Has anyone here interviewed with the SOM. If so, would you be kind enough to share your experience?

regard

Rollingstone

ps: just got an interview invite from Boston University. Though BU is a "backup", its glad to see the ball in motion.

Hey Rollingstone,

I saw your post that you had received your interview invite. I have my Yale interview scheduled for day after i.e. wed 22nd. I was hoping if you could share some insights on the school, the interview etc.

Thanx!

Yugs