Yale interviews and admits 2010

Dear puys, I was surprised to see no threads on Yale, considering the fact that yale is very much up there ancd with its new curriculum making much waves. is there anyone who got an admit from r1? I was a round 2 applicant and was interviewed…

Dear puys,

I was surprised to see no threads on Yale, considering the fact that yale is very much up there ancd with its new curriculum making much waves. is there anyone who got an admit from r1? I was a round 2 applicant and was interviewed in mumbai on feb 27 at mumbai. anyone else with an r2 interview?

I can`t beleive it
No reply to my query.
Comeon peepz there has to be people in India who must have received admits/interviews from yale in round1/2? yale although is yale it is no harward/stanford

what about dings

the adcom member was in mumbai for one full week. there has to be atleat 20 indian candidates with an interview call.
puys do reply and remove the confusion.
otherwise i will keep on nursing the fantasy that i was the ,lone guy for who the adcom member travelled to india

i interviewed with yale on the 26th in mum..... its really surprising that theres no thread on Yale on this forum.... Apparently there are yale interviews scheduled in other metros in india with yale alumni... thats wat i was given to understand... this adcom member came down to mumbai n conducted some of the interviews.... n very realistically put it across that yale admits less than half the number of ppl they interview.... so apparently its super competitive n highly selective n gettin the interview call n a good interview experience still doesnt mean that ur thru.... theres still loads of heavy elimination that happens after this stage..... wats ur profile like ???

thnx ananad atleast there is one reply
i am an engineer ,710 , average acads decent extracurriculars and 5 year work ex.

How was your interview experience. frankly speaking i felt it was too short. the interviewer couldnot have judged anything but comm skills. it was moving too fast from one dimension to other without going deep into anything. i have a sinking feeeling about it esp considering how competetive yale is this year. how was your interview experience?

O great ... devil420 looks like we r in the same boat with the same kinda profile.... Im an engineer too with a 710 n avg acads....but presently in the banking field....work ex 3 yrs... wats ur work ex like which industry ru in???...... Ya i really dont make much of my interview experience coz.... it ultimately boils down to wat she remembers after the interview while writing that summary.....that gets added to ur file for final review by the adcom...

My interview too jumped from one dimension to the other pretty soon n at the end i felt as if there was a lot more i wanted to say.... but i guess there wasnt any time... Anyway a long interview guarantees nothin coz she may not even fit half of wat u said into the summary....

So i guess its jus the long wait for both of us.... I think it takes them arnd a month to let u know the final result.... who was ur interviewer??... was @ j.w marriot right ?? was there any other candidate when u went?

Bingo my interview was also at JW Marriot by the same lady. the hotel was nice though.
I flew in from delhi fpr that interview and feel shortcharged. it was like a snack when i wanted two full meals
still it looks like only two of us on pg
I have workex as a trainer in test prep industry civilservices and MBA, and also of business development in vocational training. slightly offbeat profile.

Interesting profile.... wat time was ur interview.... ??? i guess theres nothin more to do than jus wait.... all the best

buddy heard anything from the adcom.
everything is silent on that front. looks like an impending ding

hi guys any R3 applicant to yale from India?

Hi Guys,
I am an R2 applicant to Yale, and haven't heard anything from adcom abt an interview or a ding w/o interview. The decision deadline is April 4 i guess. The wait is bad :(
Any ideas what i am to make out from this?

Cheers,
Arun..

Hey devil420........i aint heard nothin yet ...either.... Im jus hopin no news is good news....!!...i guess itll take another week or 2....shed said dont expect anythin before march end...!! so the wait continues....

Dear arun,
no need to lose hope,
as people are getting interview invitations. invitaions will continue till last week of march.
someone got an invit yesterday on BW forums

Im not sure if this is going to help - But I met with current students last evening and I had very interesting conversations with them. Unlike students from many other schools - most Yale students, according to me, are very open and enthusiastic and brand ambassadors of their school. They encourage applicants and are willing to help.

Not experienced this kind of enthusiasm from students from Columbia, Chicago or even Wharton for that matter. Sealed my decision about applying to Yale next year.

Wish all of you the very best for your applications and hope I to meet you guys when I join next year

Cheers,

Rosh

Hey...devil420 any news yet??... i hope they send a mail even if it is a ding.... I jus hate checkin the online status page every day...

I am applying in R2.

Hi Guys,
I am an R2 applicant to Yale, and haven't heard anything from adcom abt an interview or a ding w/o interview. The decision deadline is April 4 i guess. The wait is bad :(
Any ideas what i am to make out from this?

Cheers,
Arun..

Same here . I am an Indian ( residing in Singapore) R2 Yale applicant .Have not got an interview call nor recieved a ding.

Any R2 international applicants who got interview calls?Please reply .

Hi Devil420

I am a round 3 applicant and I am submitting my application this week.

Any other round 3 applicants?

You received an offer to interview with Tepper right?