YALE 2010 applicants.

Hello everyone, I searched for a dedicated YALE thread but could not find one hence, starting this thread for all the aspirants of this amazing business school. The mission of the school is “Educating leaders for business and society” and my …

Hello everyone,

I searched for a dedicated YALE thread but could not find one hence, starting this thread for all the aspirants of this amazing business school. The mission of the school is "Educating leaders for business and society" and my heart goes out to the word "society"...

The R2 deadline is 7th January 2010 and hence we have enough time to start on the application process (if not applied in R1).

The essays are quite interestingly structured - 4 essays of 150 words limit and 2 essays of 500 words limit.

Requesting the interested PGs to join in and share their views about the school, how to address the essays, what is the profile that YALE prefers, views from R1 applicants, interview experiences from R1/admits, etc.

ATB to all of you!

Hello everyone,

I searched for a dedicated YALE thread but could not find one hence, starting this thread for all the aspirants of this amazing business school. The mission of the school is "Educating leaders for business and society" and my heart goes out to the word "society"...

The R2 deadline is 7th January 2010 and hence we have enough time to start on the application process (if not applied in R1).

The essays are quite interestingly structured - 4 essays of 150 words limit and 2 essays of 500 words limit.

Requesting the interested PGs to join in and share their views about the school, how to address the essays, what is the profile that YALE prefers, views from R1 applicants, interview experiences from R1/admits, etc.

ATB to all of you!

Well, looks nobody is interested in this school....
So can I safely say that there is gonna be some less competition from Indian students? ;)

Bests 😃

hey hiii.....No champ your competition just increased by 1 person :)...

Yale is one of my dream destinations..Wanted to ask you about your GMAT score and breakup...Im writing it in december, hence would be left with one month for the application processing..

Yale is one of my dream destinations..Wanted to ask you about your GMAT score and breakup...Im writing it in december, hence would be left with one month for the application processing..

Hey quest!
Thats a good news; never mind about competition 😃 You would actually be a company to me 😉 We will try to work together on this if you wish...
I am from Delhi... You? Which other schools you are applying?

I dont have a good profile for Yale but I just dont want to miss an opportunity to apply for this great school...

Masters in HR,
University 1st Rank in B.Com (H)
6 years exp in HR (Pharma, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors)
Decent ECs...
GMAT - 660 (E31, M49) Retake - 660 (E34, M48 😞 This is what is pulling me down for sure...
What about your profile?
Best of luck for
makl,

Last year, I believe 2 PGs got in.
The profiles are as follows:

1. (Testup)
Good acads
GMAT: 720
Very Good Extra- curricular
WE: 4.5 years in IT and 1 year in non profit
Admit: Yale
2. (Deepanshu12)
GMAT: 780/ IIT/ Avg. acads/ Strong Extracurriculars
Work Ex: 3 years- IT - nothing special (A bit of Intl. experience -2 months internship in Japan)
Admit: Yale; ISB (after waitlist); WUSTL- Olin School of business
Good luck.

Thanks Nothing!
On PG I have tracked down a candidate who got an admit in Yale and ISB (I think in 2007 or 08 with a GMAT score of just 620. But she was a very good profile, as she mentioned in her responses on PG...

Thats sort of a boost to our morale - people with low GMAT score :)

ATB for the admission process..

I have applied to Yale in Round1.Yale is one my top choices and I am still waiting to hear from them.I have conventional IT profile with 700 GMAT,let us see how it turns out to be.

makl,
Good luck.
Can you please post a link to this person's posts- the person who got into ISB and Yale with GMAT 620.
Thanks.

Hi, Here is the link to the post...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/yale-or-isb-wat-would-u-choose-25014047

Hi Guys i am one of the fellow applicants... applied and waiting to hear anything. Has any of you got to know something on any progress.

I know that more than half of the interview invites have gone out.... mera number kab ayega

COunt me in too for R2

GMAT 720
4.5 years of work ex in semiconductor industry

COunt me in too for R2

GMAT 720
4.5 years of work ex in semiconductor industry

me too in for R2 Yale...

R1 Applicants, any news from Yale?
Did anyone attend a Yale info session / other event? What was your impression of the school?

didnt know of this thread!

count me in guys!
apped in R1!

anybody alive?
hows R1 going for u guys??

Has any of Indian applicant received interview invite so far from Yale?
I apped in R1 and have not heard anything so far.Hopes dipping away faster now.

Finally heard back from Yale and received interview invitation from Yale.I thank God before thanks giving day.Yale is one my dream schools.

soulinluv Says
Finally heard back from Yale and received interview invitation from Yale.I thank God before thanks giving day.Yale is one my dream schools.

congrats! probably d first one!
impulsive query!
when did u apply?
what all changes in app status u experienced before reaching to interview level?

I applied 30 minutes before R1 deadline.My application went complete on Oct 15 and received invite yesterday.After 15th October nothing changed in my application till yesterday.Now i can see an online interview scheduler in my application.

soulinluv Says
I applied 30 minutes before R1 deadline.My application went complete on Oct 15 and received invite yesterday.After 15th October nothing changed in my application till yesterday.Now i can see an online interview scheduler in my application.

Hi,

did you application moved under complete after Submited? mine is still in submitted state?
Did anyone else have application in submit state or completed state?
Hi,

did you application moved under complete after Submited? mine is still in submitted state?
Did anyone else have application in submit state or completed state?

i also have my application in submitted or rather "Received" state!

app2010, i doubt whether my application was considered in R1, otherwise it wud have atleast gone complete!
when did u submit?