XLRI WaitListers

While the tussle continues between the government & the SC, it’s wait listers like us who are going to be the scapegoats! :frowning: Now among the wait listed as well as the confirmed junta, ->There might be few of us who are planning to for other…

While the tussle continues between the government & the SC, it's wait listers like us who are going to be the scapegoats! :(

Now among the wait listed as well as the confirmed junta,
->There might be few of us who are planning to for other good private colleges like FMS, MDI, etc (there are pros & cons; FMS-very less fees, etc)
->Or are really confident of getting thru one of the 6 IIMs (a lot of ppl i know favour the IIM tag more than anything else)
->Or someone with a waiting list might not be interested to wait out the delay and go for some other private colleges or the more possible scenario that he/she had converted both BM & PMIR calls (or has waiting list in one of them and is not interested in that stream) and might have already decided to dump one of the calls.

One way of finding this would be calling up the XLRI office; but before that just to get an idea of where we might exactly stand, how about sharing the info out here.
I am putting up a poll with following options:
-> Confirmed in XL - BM and not paying fees
-> Confirmed in XL - PMIR and not paying fees
-> Waitlisted in XL - BM and not paying fees
-> Waitlisted in XL - PMIR and not paying fees
(Plz note it'll be a multiple choice option; as a person could have both BM & PMIR calls, but yet go for other colleges)

For e.g. PokhiFokhi has decided to go for FMS; and thereby declining her confirmed BM call (WL-BM 1 up!)
There might be more people. If you know someone (say, not active on PG) who is declining an XL call, do poll and/or post his/her details on this thread.

P.S. Mods, there have been a few al threads on XLRI, but none of them really help to provide a clean picture on where is the scenario moving for the wait listed guys; hence this thread. Hope its ok with you.

P.S.S. Also if you are voting in the above poll, do post in your details on this thread, so that we don't have duplicates.

Sorry Duplicate Post 😞

Haven't kept a poll option for people who are confirmed/waitlisted and planning to join the college (like me :biggrin: ) coz thats assumed as default :D

Also have added one vote to the poll; that of @pokhifokhi
So status is as such
XL- BM :- 1
XL- PMIR :- 0

Also there were a few guys who had posted on the "XLRI calls Out" thread a few weeks back; that they have got a PMIR call but are planning not to go ahead. Can those guys confirm it again on this thread?

Good thread.. Junta, please do post. 😃

Good thread Ninja ...

btw, have a question ... the last date of paying the fees was 20th april (at least for the WL people) ... do they update the website in case the WL number moves up (i mean if some people rejects the offer)?

Good thread Ninja ...

btw, have a question ... the last date of paying the fees was 20th april (at least for the WL people) ... do they update the website in case the WL number moves up (i mean if some people rejects the offer)?

I had asked a XLRI senior regarding this; he said that the website may or may not update the Waiting List status for the WL junta. It would be better if you ring them from time to time and confirm what's the current status.
My parents did call them up 2 weeks back, the admissions' ppl told them to check up post april 25th, as they would be able to give a better picture by then (this was before the govmt-SC fiasco)
Still what we can do post 25th is; if any of us calls them up, do post what is the current status and how much has the wait list moved ahead for both BM & PMIR.

Even if by 25th the IIM results don't come out (god forbid :|) atleast a good no of ppl might have opted out (say a WL person with other calls or a person with the wrong stream call, or one opting for FMS); and the WL should have moved a few nos ahead.

Cheerios! :)

P.S. @RoS Please do put up the details of the person who has a confirmed seat in PMIR & not going ahead please!

I am waitlisted at no 17 in PMIR. Not paid the fees.

All the best to all the candidates

Regards,
Kavish Goel

While the tussle continues between the government & the SC, it's wait listers like us who are going to be the scapegoats! :(

Now among the wait listed as well as the confirmed junta,
->There might be few of us who are planning to for other good private colleges like FMS, MDI, etc (there are pros & cons; FMS-very less fees, etc)
->Or are really confident of getting thru one of the 6 IIMs (a lot of ppl i know favour the IIM tag more than anything else)
->Or someone with a waiting list might not be interested to wait out the delay and go for some other private colleges or the more possible scenario that he/she had converted both BM & PMIR calls (or has waiting list in one of them and is not interested in that stream) and might have already decided to dump one of the calls.

One way of finding this would be calling up the XLRI office; but before that just to get an idea of where we might exactly stand, how about sharing the info out here.
I am putting up a poll with following options:
-> Confirmed in XL - BM and not paying fees
-> Confirmed in XL - PMIR and not paying fees
-> Waitlisted in XL - BM and not paying fees
-> Waitlisted in XL - PMIR and not paying fees
(Plz note it'll be a multiple choice option; as a person could have both BM & PMIR calls, but yet go for other colleges)

For e.g. PokhiFokhi has decided to go for FMS; and thereby declining her confirmed BM call (WL-BM 1 up!)
There might be more people. If you know someone (say, not active on PG) who is declining an XL call, do poll and/or post his/her details on this thread.

P.S. Mods, there have been a few al threads on XLRI, but none of them really help to provide a clean picture on where is the scenario moving for the wait listed guys; hence this thread. Hope its ok with you.

P.S.S. Also if you are voting in the above poll, do post in your details on this thread, so that we don't have duplicates.

I think its a gud idea...atleast the waitlisted people will know their status earlier..and not waste money on other insti's...

As ninja_talli has rightly pointed, i had confirmed XLRI-BM and didn't register.

I called up XL to check whether my DD was received. I then asked them wats the WL status. She gave the same answer as to Admin co-ordinator has not decided it. Then asked a different question. How many DD's have you received? 😉 She laughed and told almost all except a few have sent it. :(

Anyway, it was expected. Junta, whoever calls up XL regarding DD etc, please do ask about WL status and update at PG.

Fingers crossed.

Pradeep

SC decides against implementation of quota this year. Hoping that this would not delay the IIM results further ??:

No OBC quota for current academic session, says SC

hi

im wl 57. I sent the DD via EMS Speed post (now realised, a mistake!!). According to Indiapost website, my DD was delivered at JAMSHEDPUR HO on 21 apr 2007. I called admissions office on 23 april 2007 to find that no dd is present against my name.

Seniors please help

Good work, Ninja!

Add 2 more to the list for BM...got this frm the poll in Results thread!

1. pancee007 (got thru both 'n joining PMIR)
2. guruprasad83 (got thru BM 'n not joining)

Cheers,
EDIT : looks like both u & pokhi hv voted for pokhi !
So lets assume u hv voted for pancee007 & i'll vote for guruprasad...OK ? hehe..we hv not yet joined coll, but proxy has already started !!! BADIYA HAI!

Good work, Ninja!

Add 2 more to the list for BM...got this frm the poll in Results thread!

1. pancee007 (got thru both 'n joining PMIR)
2. guruprasad83 (got thru BM 'n not joining)

Cheers,
EDIT : looks like both u & pokhi hv voted for pokhi !
So lets assume u hv voted for pancee007 & i'll vote for guruprasad...OK ? hehe..we hv not yet joined coll, but proxy has already started !!! BADIYA HAI!

This is good :)
XL- BM :- 3 (Pokhi/pancee007/guruprasad83)
XL- PMIR :- 1
(RoS has to specify the name)
(am not counting the WL cancels for now, that can be seen from the poll)

Also the number should increase a lot as there are going to be a lot of ppl like me who haved sent the DD for both BM & PMIR (thanks to the IIM fiasco :() Finally I & many more will have to leave one of the calls.

Keep hoping fellas 😃

Oops! we gotta reduce a vote in the BM column...just cross-checked with guruprasad83...thanks to the delay in iim results, he has paid up the fees in XL...so cant count that!

@ninja, u actually paid up for both BM & PMIR ? didnt get it...as in u WL in one & confmd in another ?

Cheers!

XL- PMIR :- 1
(RoS has to specify the name)

I believe its ROS himself 😉

hey MOI called up XlRI 2day...
the Lady said : waitlisters will have to wait...

i asked her mam can u give any idea of how many have not paod so far...

her reply: almost everyone has paid:wow: .....she said quite cooly that story will get clear only once IIM results come out...

i asked her regarding the AICTE norm ( RS 1000/-)

XLRI has not finalised regarding that..........

lets see whta lies ahead of us.....

hey MOI called up XlRI 2day...
the Lady said : waitlisters will have to wait...

i asked her mam can u give any idea of how many have not paod so far...

her reply: almost everyone has paid:wow: .....she said quite cooly that story will get clear only once IIM results come out...

Thats exactly what they said when my parents called up at XLRI.
I guess they are playing safe, not divulging too much information.

@StepinTime; I have WL in both BM & PMIR. (27 & 15 respectively)
Have paid the 20k for both.

Maybe they have finalized but are not saying it to each and everyone??!! :|

Link
Content:
The Supreme Court on Tuesday brought forward the previously fixed August date for the hearing on OBC reservation to May 8. Any delay in admissions at the six IIMs is going to cost premier private B-schools, and students seeking admission in them, the maximum.

According to XLRI director N Casamir Raj, the B-school has fixed June 25 as the last date for closing admissions for the current year and is "expecting a large number of seats" to go unfilled if things don't clear up in time.
Sources said XLRI, which has an annual intake of 120 business management (BM) and 60 personnel management & industrial relations (PM&IR;) students, may lose around 80-90 meritorious students (from its first list) of its BM course alone to the IIMs.

Similarly, a student who has already got admission in any other privately run B-school in the country will leave that seat in favour of a seat at the XLRI. The B-school will have recourse to its 'waiting lists' for filling up vacancies in its business management (BM) and personnel management & industrial relations (PM&IR;) courses resulting from migration of students to the IIMs.

Around 90% of students of those who have been selected for XLRI's two courses this year have already deposited their fee instalments.

On refund of fees to students who will be shifting later on to the IIMs, the director said XLRI was willing to abide by the AICTE directive, which says the entire fees--- except for a deduction of Rs 1,000---have to be refunded, but the step is unfair and has been taken "to support government institutions at the cost of private ones."

"Our processing cost is much more," he said. "The government should at least have consulted some of the institutions as regards the cost involved."

XLRI has a practice of deducting Rs 20,000 from the fee paid to it by the student if he happens to withdraw during the first month. The deduction becomes Rs 40,000 during the second month.

XLRI, said Raj, was not against reservation of seats for OBCs, but would, as has been the general demand, like to see the actually deserving students from among them, and not from among its 'creamy layer' (the well-to-do among the OBCs), claim those seats.

@ ninja

now tht the IIMs' merit lists (sans OBC list) are expected to be released by today, the poll on this thread needs some modifications (i am assuming that the thread starter has the rights to modify the poll, or maybe scrap the current one and start a new poll... if its not possible by the thread starter, we will request the mods to do the needful)

currently, the poll talks bout ppl paying fess.. i am sure by now, even all IIM call-getters will also hv paid the fees..
with IIM results coming out, something on the following lines may be more appropriate?

Are you..
1. confirmed in BM and taking admission
2. confirmed in BM but not taking admission / withdrawing fees payed
3. waitlisted (WL 1-25) in BM but not interested in admission / withdrawing fees payed
4. waitlisted (WL 26-50) in BM but not interested in admission / withdrawing fees payed
5. waitlisted (WL 51-75) in BM but not interested in admission / withdrawing fees payed

6. confirmed in PMIR and taking admission
7. confirmed in PMIR but not taking admission / withdrawing fees payed
8. waitlisted (WL 1-10) in PMIR but not interested in admission / withdrawing fees payed
9. waitlisted (WL 11-20) in PMIR but not interested in admission / withdrawing fees payed
10. waitlisted (WL 21-30) in PMIR but not interested in admission / withdrawing fees payed

The above format will account for all puyz on PG interested in XL.. will also tell us from all the ppl confirmed/waitlisted at XL, exactly how many are on PG!! :)

but plz do wait for the IIM results b4 throwing this poll open..
:thumbsup: