XLRI Waiting list

Guys, I started this thread for people who are in the waiting list.People who are not joining XLRI please do post here so that we could guess our chances.Me waiting list 66(BM).Hoping the list to move up soon.Please do reply soon guys. A…

Guys,

I started this thread for people who are in the waiting list.People who are not joining XLRI please do post here so that we could guess our chances.Me waiting list 66(BM).Hoping the list to move up soon.Please do reply soon guys.

Aravind

with XAT very similar to CAT, i think there will be a lot of overlapping this year! also remember that XLRI has not given out any extra calls as of now.
my guess is that add about 15 to last years waitlist converts. which means about 60 waitlisted will convert (only BM, dunno of PMIR). could even go to say 70 in an extreme case.

all the best
srinivas

Plz start a poll

1-PPl got final BM call and not joining
2-PPl got final PMIR call and not joining

Ppl can go on giving poll as soon as awaited results come....i mean iim results..

with XAT very similar to CAT, i think there will be a lot of overlapping this year! also remember that XLRI has not given out any extra calls as of now.
my guess is that add about 15 to last years waitlist converts. which means about 60 waitlisted will convert (only BM, dunno of PMIR). could even go to say 70 in an extreme case.

all the best
srinivas

subtract about 15 due to the fact that last year CAT was after XAT so lot of TOPPERS sat for XAT which is not the case... Another factor is look at some of the posts at xlri result thread you would look at lot of junta with extremely high percentiles not making in the XLRI (i know quite a few now including ppl like T dubey) and since CAT was similar to XAT lot of these ppl would have done extremely well in CAT.

I am speculating that final conversion of waitlisted ppl would be between 45-55 for the BM prog. that is!!

hi,

My WL is 30 for BM ... .....According to my perceptions ... We may have upto 70 people from the WL making it into XL this year ....

Reasons :

1. just 120 confirmed calls as of now ! So every drop out counts.
2. This time CAT and XAT had similar pattern and many guys who did cat well also did an outstanding job in XAT. I met many 4/5 IIM call getters during my interview at chennai ! So we may have atleast 25 IIMers dropping out from BM.
3. We may also count another 10 who may sit out to join for SPJ and MDI and FMS and etc... (locational decisions)
4. Finallly some really ambitious ones may opt to take CAT 2005 and sit out.

That makes it to 50 .....

thats not all .. We may have similar drop out in the WLs numbers 1 to 70 ...... Many miss out on this funda.... So going by some Analysis , We may have 60-80 as the last entrant's WL number ....

I may be wrong with some of the above ! Please correct me and let me know about what u feeel !

Cheers

Crishna ... JK

Hi Pals!
I'm waitlisted at 18 (BM). Am really tense. Can anyone tell me till when we'll have to wait ?

hi,

My WL is 30 for BM ... .....According to my perceptions ... We may have upto 70 people from the WL making it into XL this year ....

Reasons :

1. just 120 confirmed calls as of now ! So every drop out counts.
2. This time CAT and XAT had similar pattern and many guys who did cat well also did an outstanding job in XAT. I met many 4/5 IIM call getters during my interview at chennai ! So we may have atleast 25 IIMers dropping out from BM.
3. We may also count another 10 who may sit out to join for SPJ and MDI and FMS and etc... (locational decisions)
4. Finallly some really ambitious ones may opt to take CAT 2005 and sit out.

That makes it to 50 .....

thats not all .. We may have similar drop out in the WLs numbers 1 to 70 ...... Many miss out on this funda.... So going by some Analysis , We may have 60-80 as the last entrant's WL number ....

I may be wrong with some of the above ! Please correct me and let me know about what u feeel !

Cheers

Crishna ... JK

Hey Crishna, I really pray that your calculations work. Hope ppl who aren't joining will let us know.

pls pls pls... can someone please come up with a poll..i spent hell of a time..but cud not figure out how to do it...

pls use these options

1. Got final BM call but will not join
2. Got final BM call but waiting for other call/WL to settle ..cant confirm now.
3. Got final PMIR call but will not join
4. Got final PMIR call but waiting for other call/WL to settle ..cant confirm now.

someone pls take the damn initiative...

FYI - me 74 on BM waiting list... hoping for a miracle..

thanks
Cretin.

hi all the wl guys. me got through XLRI(bm) . also converted FMS. waiting for IIM results. my personal choice among non IIMs is FMS>XLRI. so me definitely (99%) out from the list.

so atleast one guy in this thread would be happy. ATB. bye.

hi guys..

i figure as wl-34 in BM... :whatthat:

hope it works out for me!!

other converts- MDI, NITIE, IIT_KGP.

gng to MDI as of now!

Guys anybody who is yet to decide wether to join XL or not, please reply to this thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ppl-with-multiple-iim-calls-and-xlri-fms-calls-either-final-or-waitlisted-25007947

thank you for your cooperation

hey ,

Again ... This was the detail that i found in one of the Related threads ....

Seats
BM - 120-125
PMIR - 60 - 65

Waiting list 2003 2004
BM 46 52
PMIR 18 22

calls given by xlri (confirmed) are 120
and waitlist given by them is till 250 for BM

SO why is that we have 250 WLs ?? I am suspicious of some increase in the number of seats and XL is waiting for someones approval to do that ! or else... Just imageine, even if the entire 120 call getters will not join, the WL of 250 is damn huge ..... We may realistically expect the waiting list to clear only till around 80 .... This suggests me that .. Something else is being planned by the XLRI guys ..... Watch out for a surprise..

Cheers

JK
hi all the wl guys. me got through XLRI(bm) . also converted FMS. waiting for IIM results. my personal choice among non IIMs is FMS>XLRI. so me definitely (99%) out from the list.

Thanks Sriks can othres also not joining please do confirm it wud be of great use to us

me too! made it to FMS and XLRI(BM). not waiting for IIM-I result. cos FMS rules!
count me out of the XL list. so its one up for all of those in the waiting list.

All the Best!

me too. made it to FMS and XLRI(BM).not waiting for IIM-I result cos FMS rules!
count me out of the XL list. so its one up for all of those in the waiting list.

All the Best!

Guys I have put up a poll please do fill in that

Cheers
Aravind

so ... Now it sis two positions up for the BM waiting list guys ! .. and also the waiting list guys can post if they would be taking up the offer or not ! just carry on the good work... and never think beyond the IIMs

i donno y i m writing this
i donno wt effect it might have on others
but let me try to put things in perspective
last yr i had 64th wl in xl bm course
it moved up and up but.........
i do not have any formal proof but i was in contact with the admission staff and at the last moment my wl moved till 1 and died there
so this was the scene last yr
for this yr i predict that it wont move even that much b'coz just look at the ppl who got calls from xl and who converted it
very few wud also be having iim calls
and nobody leaves xl for colleges apart from A,B,C and probably FMS & maybe MDI & SPJ
well this is my guess
i m not trying to demotivate anybody
buts its better to be in terms with reality
just for everybody's info i did not join any college last yr
i wrote exams dis yr also but all wasted
best of luck to all
nitin

i dont expect any increase in total seats this yr for bm as
1 they did so only a yr back when they increased from 60 to 120
2. otherwise they wud ahve given merit upto that no this yr

hey ,

Again ... This was the detail that i found in one of the Related threads ....

SO why is that we have 250 WLs ?? I am suspicious of some increase in the number of seats and XL is waiting for someones approval to do that ! or else... Just imageine, even if the entire 120 call getters will not join, the WL of 250 is damn huge ..... We may realistically expect the waiting list to clear only till around 80 .... This suggests me that .. Something else is being planned by the XLRI guys ..... Watch out for a surprise..

Cheers

JK