Xlri @ Singapore

hey guys ! DID YOU HEARD THAT. XLRI is now moved to singapore. they start a new programme in partnership with Image international. According to the website > Image offers both full time and Part time Post Graduate Programs of XL…

hey guys ! DID YOU HEARD THAT.

XLRI is now moved to singapore.
they start a new programme in partnership with Image international.

According to the website

Image offers both full time and Part time Post Graduate Programs of XLRI, mirrored as it is in Jamshedpur. To maintain academic excellence and to instill XLRI value systems, the faculty comes from XLRI, Jamshedpur to teach. They are the best among the best with good industry exposure and cutting-edge research records.

well nothing else was there. XLRI guys pls help and provide some information regarding that.

hey guys pls respond , people at XLRI or people with info related with this programme pls respond.
the prog looks quite good but i donno whether to apply or not

hmmmm......... interesting...

but will the students who pass out get a degree from XLRI or the partner mentioned. It says the course will be a mirror of the Jamshedpur course, but doesnt say anything else...

plus there is no other info regarding last dates, application fees, etc.

anybody with more info ?

cheers,
Harshad

Yeah junta... do enlighten...

@ all, if anyone belongs to jamshedpur, he may visit the Xlri On 16-17 dec , as there is some session related to this programme .
Pls guys wake up and clear all ours doubts .

Hi,
You can refer to this thread for any XLRI related information:

[email protected]

Hope that this clarifies all your doubts and queries, about XLRI and any things related to XLRI.

Harsh

hey guys ,just received the XLRI brochure for this course.
the Fees is 31,500 singapore dollar that comes to some 9.5 lakhs
and accomadation is 750s$ that comes to 5.5 lakhs.

so total goes beyond 15 lakhs.
Pls comment on utility of this course.

hi junta, is the placements here as good as jamshedpur... does the course has same value in the market as the xlri, jamshedpur................

thank's

watson

Hi all,
My name is Thanneer and I'm the Biz Devt Manager for XLRI Singapore. Very briefly the programme is similar to the one offered in Jamshedpur - same professors, same award, same quality but with an added Singapore touch - namely
1) Exposure to a globalized environment
2) Business seminars by prominent local executives and businessmen
3) Placements and Internships in Singapore
Do contact me if you have any queries or require the brochure.
Cheers
Thanneermalai Lakshmanan

What is the admission procedure like??

Hi all,
My name is Thanneer and I'm the Biz Devt Manager for XLRI Singapore. Very briefly the programme is similar to the one offered in Jamshedpur - same professors, same award, same quality but with an added Singapore touch - namely
1) Exposure to a globalized environment
2) Business seminars by prominent local executives and businessmen
3) Placements and Internships in Singapore
Do contact me if you have any queries or require the brochure.
Cheers
Thanneermalai Lakshmanan

Thank you for your post.

Can you ( or is there any site which can ) give us detailed information about the eligibility criteria, dates, procedure, application fees, etc ?

and how do we get the brochure ?

Regards,
Harshad

Hi Harshad,

You may email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the info and the brochure.

Alternatively you may download the brochure from our site. (This is only my 2nd post so unable to psot URLs)

www imageint com sg Scroll over 'About us' and click e-Prospectus.

Thanks
Thanneer

hey gys here is the XLRI singapore brochure as an attachment.
pls check it out

Hi Harshad,

You may email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the info and the brochure.

Alternatively you may download the brochure from our site. (This is only my 2nd post so unable to psot URLs)

Thanks
Thanneer

Thank you very much for your reply. I have downloaded the brochure from the site. I will post further queries on this thread.

Regards,
Harshad
Hi Harshad,

Thanks
Thanneer

hey ,
i need some more information about this course...
There is nothing mentioned about the interns of the students,
last year's batch,student's profile,so there is skepticism.How can i find more information about all this?? and is work experience a implicitly-mandatory criteria or not??? coz i will have one year of work exp by jun 07
please reply...the course sounds interesting and economical too...so really excited!!

Hi Harshad,

The pictures yo usee inthe brochure are of the current students. Anyway:

1. We have a Placement Advisory team that does placements in Singapore for students upon graduation.
2. There are plans to have internships for the upcoming batch. I'll update on this soon.
3. Currently we have 36 students- mostly working adults in Finance & IT functions.
5. Work experience is not a requirement for Full-time students.

For all info not mentioned in the brochure, you may contact me and I'll respond. Look forward to receiving your application soon.

Best regards
Thanneer

Helo Thaneer,

I have 5.5 yrs exp in NON IT industry and have project management work ex.
I am NIT Jamshedpur passout Mechanical Engineer with Masters from IIT Chennai. Presently I am working in Malaysia for one of our company's projects with Petronas Refinery.

I would like to know how a high work ex of this extent will be viewed at XLRI Singapore where work ex is not mandatory? How do you forsee the ease or difficulty in placing (suitably of course) students like me.

Will appreciate your reply.

Best Of Luck For Xat--2007 !!!!!!!!!!!

Hope It Does Not Go Like Iift?????

Bonjour Watson

Hi KKjha,

Thanks for your interest in our programme. Briefly, work experience is not a pre-requisite for the Full-time Programme, so you may apply without any issues.

We have setup a Placement Advisory Team to assist students in securing jobs in Singapore upon graduation. Securing a job and negotiating a pay package will depend on your performance in the job interview.

If you need more info, please email me at [email protected] or call at 02-90674241. Are you working in Terengganu or Sarawak. By the way, I'm a Malaysian.

Regards
Thanneer

Helo Thaneer,

I have 5.5 yrs exp in NON IT industry and have project management work ex.
I am NIT Jamshedpur passout Mechanical Engineer with Masters from IIT Chennai. Presently I am working in Malaysia for one of our company's projects with Petronas Refinery.

I would like to know how a high work ex of this extent will be viewed at XLRI Singapore where work ex is not mandatory? How do you forsee the ease or difficulty in placing (suitably of course) students like me.

Hi Thaneer,

Thanks for providing such valuable info abt XLRI @ Singapore

Could you please elaborate on the selection criteria as to what cut offs are required for CAT or XAT scores and whether work ex will have some additional value ?

When and where the interviews would be conducted and results be finalised ?
( as working people need to resign before some notice period and also complete so many
international agreements to commence study in Singapore by May 07)

What is the expected intake for the next batch ?

thanks
Pranab