XLRI Satellite Program (Work-Ex 2 years)

Friends, Objective of this Thread: To objectively analyse how a Virtual Class room MBA (or Post Graduate Certificate) can help you in your long term career and to evaluate the pros and cons of the same. I_ look forward to inputs from …

Friends,

Objective of this Thread:
To objectively analyse how a Virtual Class room MBA (or Post Graduate Certificate) can help you in your long term career and to evaluate the pros and cons of the same.
I look forward to inputs from seniors on a general basis and on specifically on my profile as which is the set of people who can really benifit from this course.

Well i started my career as a software engineer at one of the India's well known IT services company. More than i what prepared for my examinations at college or CAT at college and thereafter, I have spent on improving my personality, communication and understanding of human behaviour (all are part of my interests :smile:).
Well i had a good visibility in the organisation due to the participation in the ORG level initiatives and public speaking being my passion.
It so eventually led, that i moved to HR- Recruitment team of my company.

Having set the conext right, my aim now is to focus on my job and excel to the peak.
Also, i would like to get a overview of the complete HR process.
First, I am as always involved in some of the HR initiatives outside my function.
Second, I am looking towards an International MBA or E-MBA from XLRI through HUGES DISTANCE LEARNING. I have a total of 2.2 years of experience, of which 1.5 years is of s/w engg.
Folks, esp the senior ones, can you guide me what aould be the best for me.

Please keep in mind:
(1) I'll not really prefer to stay abraod for a long time due to some personal comitttments.
(2) What would be the worth of distance learning program?

Waiting for inputs from your side.
Esoteric

To know more about the Satellite program from XLRI click here--> XLRI Jamshedpur - Xavier Labour Relations Institute in India, Business Management School India, Executive Education Programme, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations Programme.
and click on satellite programs on top right corner.

Hi Friends,

Am confused. Not even a single response from guys make the haapy and sad.
Happy as i am unopposed winner (No body else in this race..hehehehe).
Sad as i know the target chasers of this cousre may not be on PG but the seniors from PG (aleast the XL guys and of course gals) can guide me.
Hmmm..still waiting for responses.

Hi friends,
I got shortlisted for interview in this program. Are there some more guys who are shortlisted for the same?

Hi Esoteric

I am also in the same boat as urs...
I am a an ERP consultant with 1.5 years of work ex. in software. Would like to know what are the future prospects of doing a 1yr XLRI or IIM-C MBA course company sponsered.
I took CAT this year but i dont think would be able to into any gd institute.

Anyone who has done this course or seniors who have an idea about this course ...could please let me know if these courses are recognised by the other companies and not diffrentiated from a full time course(as experience counts).

Is it really worth doin ??

Hi,
I am interested in this course. I m doing my bit of study before the applcations for next batch are rolled out.
I see, all the previous scraps are done in 2007. So, few of you would have joined the course.
Can anyone give the feedback on the course, their views about the course.
Will it be beneficial in future?

Hey,
are the results for PGC BM batch 15 out?
Today was the results date..?
did anybody got the admission letter?

Hi,
I am interested in this course. I m doing my bit of study before the applcations for next batch are rolled out.
I see, all the previous scraps are done in 2007. So, few of you would have joined the course.
Can anyone give the feedback on the course, their views about the course.
Will it be beneficial in future?
Hi Friends,

Am confused. Not even a single response from guys make the haapy and sad.
Happy as i am unopposed winner (No body else in this race..hehehehe).
Sad as i know the target chasers of this cousre may not be on PG but the seniors from PG (aleast the XL guys and of course gals) can guide me.
Hmmm..still waiting for responses.

Hi,
I really want to help you but I am from different field and no idea about your subject...sorry.

HI All,

I am having 2 yrs exp in recruitment. In order to shape my career in better manner i am planning to do this course.

can anyone let me know from where and when can i start this course in pune.

i know initial interview will be there but can anyone let me know is there any batch which will start recently.

Thanks
Arpita

Dear Friends,

I am presently enrolled in the first batch of IIMC - EPHRM (Exec Program in HRM) - Satellite Based by Hughes. I had been admitted to XLRI's program too but chose to enroll with IIMC (reasons - case study based model, financial, duration and brand).

My Advice: These programs should only be taken if you wish to use the learning at your workplace. And are strictly meant for working executives who just cannot leave their jobs to pursue academics. They might help you gain a certification but only an Informal qualification at the best. There is a lot of self learning required and the lectures at the most are just pointers towards what should be learned.

For me it is being a useful exercise as I have been promoted recently as GM - HR and I wanted to familiarize myself with present day concepts in HR.

Wish you all Success.

Regards,
Dr Mazhar Khan

Hi Dr. Khan,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am an HR professional with 5 yrs of experience, currently working with a IT company.

I have applied for PGCHRM, XLRI and today is my interview scheduled. Can you please share/suggests what q's are asked in interview and any other view regarding these courses. Will they add value to pur profile and career and is it worth taking them?

Your views will be of g8 help.

Thanks,
Shivani

Dear Friends,

I am presently enrolled in the first batch of IIMC - EPHRM (Exec Program in HRM) - Satellite Based by Hughes. I had been admitted to XLRI's program too but chose to enroll with IIMC (reasons - case study based model, financial, duration and brand).

My Advice: These programs should only be taken if you wish to use the learning at your workplace. And are strictly meant for working executives who just cannot leave their jobs to pursue academics. They might help you gain a certification but only an Informal qualification at the best. There is a lot of self learning required and the lectures at the most are just pointers towards what should be learned.

For me it is being a useful exercise as I have been promoted recently as GM - HR and I wanted to familiarize myself with present day concepts in HR.

Wish you all Success.

Regards,
Dr Mazhar Khan