XLRI PMIR 2006-08 Batch

hi all let all the pgs gang up here for the PMIR 2006-08 batch. lets knw each other before we see each other in jamshedpur. we can also discuss any issues related to admission and stuff as and when they come up. lets roll the ball as for me …

hi all
let all the pgs gang up here for the PMIR 2006-08 batch. lets knw each other before we see each other in jamshedpur. we can also discuss any issues related to admission and stuff as and when they come up.
lets roll the ball
as for me i am tarun from dehradun (uttranchal).

hey tarun...

me 2 got thru XLRI PMIR....now i'm superconfused....have FMS FT as well.....!

will decide in a coupla days!

hey guys...

Manjari Talwar has got through XLRI and she has created a yahoogroup for ppl who r joining XL. She is not on pagalguy and wants it to be posted on pagalguy so that people can join yahoogroup. The link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xlers2008/

so everybody ...do join...lets all share our profiles and get 2 know each other 😃

have also created a community in orkut for XLers of the 2008 batch..

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=10780131

cheers

hey tarun...

me 2 got thru XLRI PMIR....now i'm superconfused....have FMS FT as well.....!

will decide in a coupla days!

hey thats really a tough call. on one side is the best hr course in asia, on the other is the best return on investment that u would get in india. well ask urself if u r inclined more towards general management or hr i.e. u are a people person. in my opinion the experience at xl is much more complete as its an independent b school. my friend who is in fms right now tells of the limitations of a university campus such as mixed hostels etc.
in fact for me, its a lil different....
forget the problem of mixed hostels....since i'm a delhi-ite i wont get a hostel seat...
XL hostel life definitely is very alluring but as u said the most important thing is the course ....
i'm so friggin confused between HR and marketing...!! :(

i wish id just converted one and didnt have an option!

okay maybe i shouldn't butt in right now as i'm still wait - listed at 7 but i couldn't help myself . i hope the entire procedure hurries up for i don't know how many more days'll i be able to keep up with the anxiety .
i'm Priya from delhi . preparing for my graduation exams (as if i'm able to concentrate on that ) . if you guys feel i may be able to join you there in XL , you can contact me on [email protected]

Hey People !!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that the XL results r out.... there must be people with both xl n fms calls. people with both calls plz poll on this link............

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fmsft-2006-08-converters-waitlisted-people-joining-not-joining-poll-25014465

n Also do not forget to post as to which insti r u joining..............

Congrats to all those getting thru XL..........:)

Cheers

P.S. This is for the benfit of all the wailisted people at FMS like me.....

SENIORS........PLSSSSSSSSS HELP ME....I am wait listed at 9 for PMIR course.....do I have a chance?:wow: by what time do i get the final list???? I am WORRIED n a nit depressed tooo....I actually expected to clear at 1 go n not remain waitlisted....
PLSSS HELP ME OUT...

Hey . Me too on the waitlist. (16)

The situation keeps getting gloomier. ??:

Last year stats - 22/23 cleared the waiting list

According to a prof @ XL - Not more than 10/12 should expect to clear the waiting list.:(

And a host of other numbers & posts on various XLRI threads !! :neutral:

SOS ! GOD ! HELP !

hi and congrats to all u have made itim from lucknow a fresher made it to pmir.i have done my grad with stats maths and computer applicationinterests sports F1 cricket passion F1 automobiles gadgets and gizmos

Hey . Me too on the waitlist. (16)

The situation keeps getting gloomier. ??:

Last year stats - 22/23 cleared the waiting list

According to a prof @ XL - Not more than 10/12 should expect to clear the waiting list.:(

And a host of other numbers & posts on various XLRI threads !! :neutral:

SOS ! GOD ! HELP !

hey,

i wud say u have a very good chance of makin it thru.. as per last yrs trends u r in.. and as u said some profs have told the WL wud move to abt 12. but then it all depends on the no of ppl who have the final call from XL n iim ABC. so wait up till the iim results r out and u will have a much clearer picture..

cheers

Hi everybody!!!!

First of all congratulations to all those who converted!!! And all the best to the wait listed people!

I am Gauravi ... Working for TCS hyderabad right now ..... and am from bhopal originally...

hey people,

Even I made it to XL-PMIR :D

Congratulations to all the call getters and all the best to all in the WL!!

cheers,
Jhumur

Hi guys.....Let me introduce myself .... My name is Iqbal .......

Iqbal Ahmed to be precise .... 😃

Presently I am in kolkata and a part of IBM Global services

I have a work experience of around 2 years and 10 months .......

I had got a call from XIMB also ... and had converted it ......

But then XLRI PMIR was my dream .....:)

So I guess I have arrived .......

Guys Anybody from kolkata ...???

Then we can too can thinka a Kolkata get together .... ????

Hi All

xth 90.7%
xiith-86.4%
B.E Comps MIT Manipal-CGPA of 3.67 out of 4 til 7th sem (M a fresher)

M waitlistd at 42 in NITIE for PGDIM n at 30 in XLRI for PMIR course.Can Seniors pls tel if i stand a chance n if yes then by wen ll i get a cnfrmation letter coz i ve to pay the admsn fees for nitie by april 17th.

Aditi

Hi...me thru too !!!.... I am from Delhi, B.E. from NSIT (2005)....currently working....
Who else from Delhi?

Hey all!
I am Asim Jagdale from Pune. I have made it in and have no doubts about joining XLRI. So Jampot, here I come!

Profile:
XAT Percentile: 94.87 :shocked:
XII: 93.67
X: 84.4
WorkEx: 20 months at AztecSoft.

See all of you who decide to be THERE.
And all the best for all on the waitlist.

Hi All,

Me too..in

Arun here..TCS Hyd.For me its more of a home coming, as I am from Jamshedpur itself .So be the case I may just b ur guide for the first couple of days around the town.Cant say that XL PMIR was my dream destination but i am pretty content nevertheless...

@thestyleguy,@moumi,@priyaparul - rest assured u will be joining in Jam unless u have any IIM calls. lst year it was 23 and defiantely it wud b higher this time.

@aditi -- finger crossed..

@tarun -- looking forward to meet u.
@cheers-- tough one for u.But i recommend to make ur desicion on the splnz u wanna pursue..if its HR jam is the place ..else Fin/Mkt may b FMS ..money also is a big deciding factor.

@gauravi -- check ur PM.get in touch urgently ..Resign marne se pehle (in case u need to pay the money to TCS)

All the best !!!!!!!