XLRI PGCBM Course

Hello All, I just wanted to know how good is the PGCBM course offered by XLRI Jamshedpur. I am an IT professional (3 yrs exp in IBM :: ) :banghead: but currently working towards setting up my Industrial Automation business, 6 months down t…

Hello All,

I just wanted to know how good is the PGCBM course offered by XLRI Jamshedpur. I am an IT professional (3 yrs exp in IBM ) :banghead: but currently working towards setting up my Industrial Automation business, 6 months down the line.

I would like to know if any one you have idea regarding the quality of this course...what I am looking for basically is business knowledge which can be of help to me in business...

Hi friends,
I too have applied for this course (XLRI-PGCBM). I have 2.5 years experience in IT field and I want to know what kind of questions are asked in interview. Moreover, is this just a certification or is it considered an MBA degree? Please help me out guys... it worth going for this course?

Hello remavaerma.The course is not a full time MBA degree.You can read the same in the FAQ section on the XLRI website.Since this is a certificate course and the filtering criteria is not tough I don't think the interview questions are tough.I think t will be like an HR interview...

Let me know if you get any inputs regarding the overall value addition to our profile and knowledge after completion of this course.

Hi,

I finally joined this course in 2009 and its would end in August 2010. I would rate it at 3/5. If you really wanna learn, go for a full time MBA. However, if you have no time left for that, and have the will power to spend at least 8-10 hours a week, you can go for this. The faculty that teaches is XLRI full time faculty and all subjects are taught. Around 2 classes in a week for 3 hours each with around 2 quizzes and 2 exams every month.

Any more details needed? Reply to this and I will be happy to share.

Btw - I had 3 yrs work ex and as I am targeting full time in a couple of years . This was just a stop-gap arrangement.

Regards

Hi,

I finally joined this course in 2009 and its would end in August 2010. I would rate it at 3/5. If you really wanna learn, go for a full time MBA. However, if you have no time left for that, and have the will power to spend at least 8-10 hours a week, you can go for this. The faculty that teaches is XLRI full time faculty and all subjects are taught. Around 2 classes in a week for 3 hours each with around 2 quizzes and 2 exams every month.

Any more details needed? Reply to this and I will be happy to share.

Btw - I had 3 yrs work ex and as I am targeting full time in a couple of years . This was just a stop-gap arrangement.

Regards

Hi,

I am having 3.5 yrs work-ex.
Looking for your opinion on howz the course and benefits you have seen after pgcbm xlri (Hughes). How is it if compared with IIM-C EPYP.

Regards
Akkshay Garg

Hey,

I hve enrolled for PGCBM - IIM Indore & XLRI as well. Cleared the test by Edulive - IIM Indore technology partner, got a call to pay the 1st installment. Yet to pay the 1st installment though... A bit confused is it better then XLRI??
There seems to be no classes for this course, u can sit at home & learn via video conferencing??
Pls suggest if this would be a better option or to wait for the XLRI shortlisting.

Regards,
Merlyn.

This course is just a money minting venture for xlri. With zero investment they are making huge money. The learning value of this course is close to nil as you will be bulldozed with 21+ subjects in a year. You will have no time to really learn anything, you will end up focussing on how to pass.
Moreover, hughes, the satellite partner has got a pathetic platform. There will be network and transmission issues throughout the program. You will end in missing classes and tests for no fault of yours and then you will have to pay even more money to them. This program is just a money generating outfit. If you are willing to lose your money, and your peace of mind and are ok with getting nothing in return, then go ahead. Oh by the way, xlri advertises so much abt this course but once it begins they say that we are not interested in running such programs !!!
Also industry acceptance of this certificate is practically nil. Coz the learning value is nil.

PGCBM 2014 from XLRI, is it gained any value compared to the earlier years?