XLRI interviews update ...

Hi all, Came across this piece of info frm a friend of my mine - who attended PM & IR interview at LIBA,Chennai. Most of the interviewees were pleasantly surprised about the relaxed atmosphere prevailing – out of the 10 odd after inter…

Hi all,

Came across this piece of info frm a friend of my mine - who attended PM & IR interview at LIBA,Chennai.

Most of the interviewees were pleasantly surprised about the relaxed atmosphere prevailing -- out of the 10 odd after interview reports only 1 person came out telling that his interview was badly screwed ! So that is pretty good news considering that XL is known for its stress interviews.

This particular person was not asked much about her acads to her relief!
Thats the update abt XL - hope to hear more live experiences from others

Hi Guys, when are the BMD interviews starting? Mar 1? Keep us posted with your interview experiences, will be of great help!

Hi guys,

Atleast by now Bharath and others ( calendar details r missing) would have finished with their BM interviews. Am anxious to hear from bharath ( did they ask u abt the india-pakistan cricket match ??? as anticipated ?) and others abt their interview experiences . Dunno his email - otherwise wud hv mailed him...
and Good Luck to all of you waiting anxiously (atleast I am ) for XL interviews !

Hi All,

Well, my interview was on 2nd March at Chennai and it lasted all of 10 minutes. Most of the others around me also had interviews lasting for a similar duration. Not sure whether it was just an eyewash or whether the panel was simply brilliant to evaluate everybody in 10 minutes.

Coming to the interview itself, as I was settling down in my chair, the first question was "So how come ur name is Bharath Ram?". Then they asked me about a popular business man with the same name. Followed by "if you are working, why not go in for our exec-PGP programme?". Then they asked me a puzzle which I was able to solve in 2-3 minutes. I asked them (a panel of 2) for some time to solve the puzzle and they politely agreed. Then they asked me about my other calls followed by differences between CAT and XAT. Finally, they asked me about my hobbies and a couple of Qs related to the Iraq War and that's it. The whole thing was over in about 10 minutes. When I came out of the Interview, I wasn't sure what to expect and still am confused. Anyway, hoping that it wasn't just an eyewash. All the best to the others who have their interviews coming up.

Regards,
Bharath

Hi Bharath,

I guess ther is no popular business man who shares my name - so i can expect some other initial questions !

Yes I heard that the interviews are scheduled to last for about 15mins. They must be pbably looking for some defined profiles - hope we guys match it .

Anyways Bharath best of luck for IIM interviews if pending and of course for the results ...

hi suj/bharath

what are the interviews like, from what you've heard so far. Any gk stuff? or are they happy with the 60 Q's they asked us in round 1 😃 Bharath, any further info on the interview, what was it like for ppl with work ex, did they get into acads ?

Hi Rahul,

There seemed to be some emphasis on GK and LR, but not too much on acads (especially if you have work-ex). And I don't have too much else to divulge about the interview apart from what I have already said.

And Suj, thank you very much for ur wishes

Regards,
Bharath

hi bharath, what were your gk questions like, current affairs? any examples? All the best for your other interviews

Does anyone have any idea bout when the results of PMIR might be out ?

Hi all,

I had my xlri interview yesterday that is mar 10th.

Well was in for a shock coz i was first at 2pm in the afternoon batch :shock:
But in the end it turned out well coz atleast some 20+ mins were spent on me -
I guess bharath's intw might hv been towards end of the session
There was a point of time when 1 of the profs showed the watch to the other prof who sort of enjoyed questioning me - time and again-

Well most of it was based on work-ex - i was doing fund-rasing and mktg for an NGO - and the 2nd prof( for lack of a better name) enquired whether I am sure as to what I was doing in an ngo after doing comp engg from krec

Handled that pretty well - but he cam back and again saying he was not convinced - so i had to give more support to my earlier answer -

in between the 1st prof asked some GK-based questions
The 2nd prof came back enquiring that despite me doing well in 12th and in engg entrance - my performance had dipped in 3rd and final yr - i gave a reply abt how securing marks is pretty difficult in my college - but i agreed i cud hv done better - also pointed out that my relative performance was pretty good.

then again he turned to his fav question - and suggested that i shud hv done some mktg course instead of engg - again I gave few bullet points - for him to choose the convincing answer - it seemed to hv worked - almost after 20 mins -

cudn't answer a gk question abt green bench in supreme court - that apart gk qs were pretty general !

Was satisfied with my performance - was wondering before intw how i wud answer these sure-shot qs - somehow it turned out well -also cricket match scores lifted my spirits even higher -
that was my first B-school intw experience
But it remains to be seen whether i hv done well enuf to ensure selection - otherwise i wud hv to start frm scratch for next yr

next is ximb intw - will get a feel of GDs in actual conditions- thats it for now- best of luck for others - hoping most of us break on through to the other side 😃

Suj, Good to know you had a great interview ... Mine was an afti interview too. I had a very different experience, my int last hardly 10 mins, no ques on acads, gk, lr, current affairs, why mba etc. Wasnt asked to even introduce myself. We talked abt my company's work culture, and what exactly I do at work. Was asked some questions on quality. Very strange interview. Just dont know whether I've done well! It seemed to me that they'd made the decision before the interview ... hoping for the best!

Just curious, how many Q's did you guys attempt in the XAT, Bharath and Suj?

Suj, Good to know you had a great interview ... Mine was an afti interview too. I had a very different experience, my int lasted hardly 10 mins, no ques on acads, gk, lr, current affairs, why mba etc. Wasnt asked to even introduce myself. We talked abt my company's work culture, and what exactly I do at work. Was asked some questions on quality. Very strange interview. Just dont know whether I've done well! It seemed to me that they'd made the decision before the interview ... hoping for the best!

Just curious, how many Q's did you guys attempt in the XAT, Bharath and Suj? Do scores have anything to do with how late you are called. I think the BM interview started as early as Mar 1.

hi rahul, check this old link for no. of attempts etc

http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=425&start;=0

Hi,
I had my interview today. A mixed bag, no idea how it'll end up. Started with a couple of comments on the handwriting for my essay. The guy asked me if I could read my own handwiting ;-). Next he asked me what my name (Jassim) meant and I explained it was an Arab word and signified one who sticks to his decisions. He immediately caought on this and asked why then the move from civil to software engg and now to management, and if the decisions I made were really stuck to. Then why management. A couple of questions on Dubai( i have studied there) and difference between people in Kerala and Dubai ( culture wise and work wise). finally caught on to supply chain management and the rest of the interview was a real grill on that ;-(. All in all, but for the SCM part it went Ok.

woah, long one here. And all the best to everyone else. Lets hope we all get through.

rahul Says
Just curious, how many Q's did you guys attempt in the XAT, Bharath and Suj? Do scores have anything to do with how late you are called. I think the BM interview started as early as Mar 1.

Hi rahul,

I think the order in which we hv been called is related to the xat id - this was true during my xl and ximb interviews

my xat id starts with 517 and another person with 516... had his intw before mine .
Also 523... had his intw 2 days after mine. So i guess it has nothing to do with scores - it depends on when u hv registered for xat.

hi all,

Results r out and I am on my way to be be a XLer
If there was 1 thing I was almost certain of - this was it. I am doubly happy coz of my neighbourhood pal - he has also made it. Hope more ppl frm this forum also have got thru.

😁
Sujan Gowda

Hey Suj!!

Congrats Maan! Way to go

Jus hope rest of the guys also make it to top instis !

Amit

Way to go Sujan !! Congratulations on your XL final admit !! Nice Belated B'day present

yup thanx guys