XLRI GMP 2008-09 Application, Interview and Getting In

Hi All aspirants of 1 yr full time MBA prog through GMAT! I am starting this new thread to start off our journey for XLRI GMP 2008-09. I was part of the IIML IPMX thread and was emensly benefitted by the information available on the thread. In fac…

Hi All aspirants of 1 yr full time MBA prog through GMAT! I am starting this new thread to start off our journey for XLRI GMP 2008-09. I was part of the IIML IPMX thread and was emensly benefitted by the information available on the thread. In fact it became part of my routine to log on to the thread. Sometime it lifted my spirit generally...even if some info were unrelated to the main cause...so i thought to start the new thread for XLRI GMP.

The course is one year full time course for executives with minimum of 5 years of managerial experience. For the course both XAT and GMAT scores are accepted. GMP is equivalent to PGPX of IIMA, PGEPX of IIM C and IPMX of IIM L and flagship prgramme of ISB hyderabad. This would be the third open batch of GMP. XLRI is consistently ranked as number one private management institute of India and ranked above some of the IIMs. The Placement of first GMP batch was absolute sold out with highest domestic package of 35 lakhs. Though it may not match to the IIMA PGPX placement stat, but it may be better than that of the IIMC & ISB. XLRI has a well established nice campus and for GMP family accommodation may be available, however I've not checked this info yet.

Last date for application was 15th of Jan'08. By now all the interested condidated must have applied for the course. Guaging by the popularity other one year MBA programs we can look forward to have some extremely bright guys & gals coming for this offering too. I welcome all the prospective applicants to this thread and request them to post their short profile also My stats: GMAT: 700 (47/39 Work Ex: 16 Years Background: (Telecom in Government sector, Extracurricular: above average ;Acads: very good.

Hi neeraj,

It think you should check out this thread ==>
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/1-year-pgdgm-program-at-xlri-gmp-25016964

the thread has couple of GMP alumi replying to queries, might be helpful.:smile:

Did anyone receive interview call letters for the GMP yet? I guess interviews are to be held in March, but the interview dates are not announced.

I got an interview call for XLRI ....11th March, Delhi.
Any others Please reply .....

Guys,

I am diverting from the original topic of this thread..but I have a query.

I plan to apply to the GMP in 2009. I have a GMAT score of 620 with work ex of 8 years in areas of consulting and business development. What do you think are my chances with this GMAT score ?

What is the average GMAT score at XLRI GMP ?

Please let me know

Regards

~Amol