XLRI Call Getters 2013 BM-GD prep thread

Please carry on with your discussions about the GD preparation that is supposed to take place this year.Please dont ask mechanical queries here…like how to get the location changed etc. Certainly not accepted. Just focus on GD/PI prep. And he…

Please carry on with your discussions about the GD preparation that is supposed to take place this year.

Please dont ask mechanical queries here..like how to get the location changed etc. Certainly not accepted.
Just focus on GD/PI prep. And help each other with discussions..start new topics..give links of some nice articles..The more you help each other, the better are your chances.

I will keep editing this post in order to make sure that you do not miss anything.

Any idea about the kind of GD that will take place. A peer of mine had appeared for his HRM interview about 2 years back and had a case study stylized GD. Is that still the norm in HRM?? When was the last time XL held a GD for BM? Could we have excerpts from back then? PS - Sorry for all the questions in one quote 😐

Let me begin the barrage of questions at the ever helpful bharat436 !

1. Is it important to just get your opinion heard or is it more important how you listen to other's opinions/ views ?

2. I read somewhere that XIMB gives not just political/topics in high media focus for discussion but also random and abstract ones (eg. which is better big and beautiful or small and sleek?). Does XL have a history of doing that ?

@bharat436 Sir,Do we have GD for BM also this year ?
@achyut1989 said:
Let me begin the barrage of questions at the ever helpful bharat436 !1. Is it important to just get your opinion heard or is it more important how you listen to other's opinions/ views ?2. I read somewhere that XIMB gives not just political/topics in high media focus for discussion but also random and abstract ones (eg. which is better big and beautiful or small and sleek?). Does XL have a history of doing that ?
1. Both are equally important. Listening is not everyone's cup of tea.
2. I will get back to you about the kind of topics XL provides. Try checking out last year's GDPI experiences thread.
@mayank.siotia said:
Any idea about the kind of GD that will take place. A peer of mine had appeared for his HRM interview about 2 years back and had a case study stylized GD. Is that still the norm in HRM?? When was the last time XL held a GD for BM? Could we have excerpts from back then? PS - Sorry for all the questions in one quote
Never heard of a GD in BM.
Check last year's GDPI experiences to get an idea.
I'll ask my HRM friends n get back to you on this.

Last year's experiences:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/xat-snap-iift-and-others/2012-xlri-gd-slash-pi-experiences-bm-hrm-t-78574/p-3274448?page=1

If you need to interrupt someone .. What is the better sentence to say??

@bhargav.nitc said:
Yes, but/also look at it this way.
or
No, I don't think so. :P
@bhargav.nitc said:
If you agree with his/her point then..
I agree with him. then "your stuff" -- This will silent the speak then and there because he will feel a kind of support to his point and allow you to add.
And if you don't agree with his/her point then...
I beg to differ my firend.. then "your dtuff" - this will catch him off gaurd and help you to grab the speakers and other attentions..
And, of course both the statements also depends on two things.. the timing of interuption and the tone.These are my personal opininon.
@bhargav.nitc said:
The best is not to interrupt or to interrupt at a time when he is not in between an idea unit

''No i dont think so'' is a very rude and negative way.

Instead say, I beg to differ.
be polite bhai..or you will hamper your chances.
@napster11 said:
If you agree with his/her point then..I agree with him. then "your stuff" -- This will silent the speak then and there because he will feel a kind of support to his point and allow you to add.I beg to differ my firend.. then "your dtuff" - this will catch him off gaurd and help you to grab the speakers and other attentions..And, of course both the statements also depends on two things.. the timing of interuption and the tone.These are my personal opininon.
Thats really a valid point you made

Top post edited. Go through all the videos when you are free.. they are truly awesome !

Hope i dont need to contribute here much. Bring in the synergy and get on with this in full throttle !

Eat this, puke this.
And see..how it affects your chances pleasantly. :D

is GD an elimination round???

@ashish100 said:
is GD an elimination round???
http://www.pagalguy.com/posts/4615983
@bharat436 Could we start GDs over skype or Google hangouts?

@noobster said:
@bharat436 Could we start GDs over skype or Google hangouts?
Lol. That depends upon you.
Certainly i wont be a part of it.
Waise bhi i have my exams lined up from 10th to 12th. So you will see very less of me here these days.

Prepare well all of you 😃 Synergy does make a difference !
This you will learn even more after coming here..The XL Bonding, as they call it !

I just went for the IMT-G gd/pi yesterday and the gd was a jungle. Couple of guys just kept shouting the whole time and would not let anyone else speak.... I'm kind of worried that the sudden inclusion of GD for BM might cause people to be over-aggressive (i.e. and screw it up for everyone in the group)