XLRI (BM) 2009 - Thread for Tracking Waitlist Movement

Hello Puys, Congratulations to all the call-getters and ATB to all waitlists (including me) :: In order to facilitate the much desired waitlist tracking process, I have created a list (incomplete) of all the selected puys and waitliste…

Hello Puys,

Congratulations to all the call-getters and ATB to all waitlists (including me)

In order to facilitate the much desired waitlist tracking process, I have created a list (incomplete) of all the selected puys and waitlisters. I request all of you to update the same with your respective data. Since most of you (hopefully ) are waiting for your IIM results, please re-update it once your position becomes clear. Hope to see you all participate heavily and help us to ascertain to a certain level the trend of waitlist movement this year. Once again, ALL THE BEST!!!

Please download, edit, and re-upload the attached xls file. Also make sure that you are downloading the latest version of the file otherwise it'll all get mixed up.

Thanx,
Karan

PS - Special thanx to vjrocks, looking at whose idea, I came up with this thread

I updated my status and added a friend akshat, who is WL 30, in the list too...keep waiting puys

i am attaching the file with my preference....
although i have the faintest of hope but i am not giving up

Hi Puys,

I'm attaching the XLS with my preferences. I'm WL 71 for BM. Not sure of conversion, but last year the last BM Waitlist convert was 63 (from what I gathered from PG), and this year IIM A,B,C have increased their seats so there is more room for the WL to move I guess.

Cheers!
AJ

Hiii puys! updated my status on the XL sheet..

Hello guys,

I know how it feels to be a waitlister. The WAIT simply kills you.
Well, this is the link for last year's thread on waitlist. You can have a look and see how we went crazy regarding it.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/thread-to-track-waitlist-movement-in-xlri-batch-2008-2010-25030146

Just an advice:
Be patient till IIM results. The waitlist moves after the first deadline to deposit the fees. It might be near mid-end April. Till then try to relax. Waitlist wont budge till then.
Polls never help. Instead of that maintain that excel sheet. We (seniors) will keep helping you out time to time.

All the Best !!!

srikanth14 Says
Hiii puys! updated my status on the XL sheet..

hi puys,

I am not able to open this excel sheet.. an internet explorer page opens up with all kind of rubbish on it. what to do? What all do we need to enter (can i give my details/preferences here and someone can update it for me??)
I am waitlisted at 54

Can Someone put this data into something online ... Google Doc maybe. That would be easier to maintain and access.

hi puys,

I am not able to open this excel sheet.. an internet explorer page opens up with all kind of rubbish on it. what to do? What all do we need to enter (can i give my details/preferences here and someone can update it for me??)
I am waitlisted at 54

Hi Sidharth, Download the XL sheet first and then open it.
hi puys,

I am waitlisted at 54

Right Click on the link and select the 'Save As' option. Save the File as excel on your System. You will then be able to open it.
kedar85 Says
Right Click on the link and select the 'Save As' option. Save the File as excel on your System. You will then be able to open it.

guys, i am doing what you are saying but i am not able to open the file. the explorer takes the attachment to be an html file and opens it in explorer itself.. and it opens like a page with all kinds of crap like this: "> .1 !"#$%&'()*+,-"

I am with the google docs idea... can we do that??

Hi

It would be convenient for people to update using this spreadsheet ... I have taken the last edited data from the thread and saved it .. plz go on and update your details

the link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pdPERjj_u_QxS_tmIsMOXRg

Bharat Mimani
XLRI BM 2009-11

P.S. 1) You need to login using your google account
2) After editing you need to use the option save and close in Files to make sure your data is updated.

hi puys,

I am waitlisted at 54

sidharth,

you need to save the file onto your disk and change the extension to .xls
you will then be able to open it with excel. if you dont/cant change the extenstion then open excel from the start menu and drag and drop the file into excel.

works just fine

note: uploading the excel file with my perference. I'm taking up BM.

ps: could the concerned stakeholders add a version number to the excel file? will prevent confusion.

Have Created this Google Doc with the already existing Data .

Doc already created by Bharat. Removing this link .

Please track both BM and PMIR.

Ask the mods to change the topic.

Cheers

Hi all

The link provided by Sahil Bansal is not working properly. I am unable to update my details there. PLzz use the following link by bharat........

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pdPERjj_u_QxS_tmIsMOXRg

Atul

deleting this post to avoid confusion... query addressed.. lets work with the spreadsheet now

The originaly google docs had become all messy and stuff.. it has since been cleaned up and updated to track PMIR as well

THE CAUSUALTY HAS BEEN THAT WAITLIST NO.s have been lost .. pls re-enter them

I would request mods to change the title of this tread

P.S. the link is http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pdPERjj_u_QxS_tmIsMOXRg

The originaly google docs had become all messy and stuff.. it has since been cleaned up and updated to track PMIR as well

THE CAUSUALTY HAS BEEN THAT WAITLIST NO.s have been lost .. pls re-enter them

I would request mods to change the title of this tread

P.S. the link is http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pdPERjj_u_QxS_tmIsMOXRg

I think moving the tracker on google spreadsheet wouldn't be a very good idea. Initially I also thought about this but a similar spreadsheet is there on FMS thread also and is not getting good response. The participation is very low.
The reason is that once more people post below the initial post (which has the link to the spreadsheet), the link gets lost and people are unable to find it. Whereas in case of excel sheet, since it gets uploaded again and again, it always remains in the last few posts and is easily accessible. Therefore, I would suggest to go forward with the excel sheet only as it was done last year and that too with great success.

Also I would recommend that (whether excel sheet or google spreadsheet) we use seperate files for BM and PMIR waitlist tracking. This way it would be easier to track waitlists for both the courses separately. Putting them together would make the analysis more difficult and less comprehensible.

The file i've made contains a list of BM people only. Would request someone to make a similar list of people selected/waitlisted for PMIR.