XLRI-2nd List Candidates-PLEASE HELP

Hi All. Hope u r aware of the goof-up that occured when XLRI declared the list of shortlisted candidates. For the uninitiated, they forgot to give calls to some candidates, who came to know only about 20 days later that they were on the so-ca…

Hi All.

Hope u r aware of the goof-up that occured when XLRI declared the list of shortlisted candidates. For the uninitiated, they forgot to give calls to some candidates, who came to know only about 20 days later that they were on the so-called '2nd CALL LIST'--I was one of them.

Given the earlier experience and the fact that I have not come across a single puy who got a call in the 2nd list and has converted (had posted for the same on two threads), it is QUITE POSSIBLE THAT XLRI may have somehow goofed up yet again, by may be inadvertantly overlooking the 2nd-List Candidates.

So, May I request the 2nd List Candidates to KINDLY POST WHETHER THEY HAVE GOT THE FINAL CALL OR NOT....Please post whatever is the case.
This will give us more idea if any error may have been made, like the last time. Please note that it was ONLY THE PERSISTENT QUERIES BY DESERVING CANDIDATES TO XLRI THAT RESULTED IN THE 2ND LIST.

I hope that the MODERATORS will understand the importance of the issue and the need to make sure that no deserving candidate has been left out just because of a manual/machine error.

Regards,
Ankit Sukhija

I havent either!

But, we could have continued on the earlier thread, rite?!

Neways, juz PM the members from that thread and check their status. There werent more than 10 odd.

i m also with u guys
was in the second list but not able to convert

I havent either!

But, we could have continued on the earlier thread, rite?!

Neways, juz PM the members from that thread and check their status. There werent more than 10 odd.

Well Monil, actually thought of starting a new thread coz the previous one probably was more general and moreover nobody was replying there.....

Frankly speaking i had quite a good i/v. and have gud track record too:

Lets support each other and find out if some error has been made inadvertantly.
(a possibility: their tech.service provider, Sify ignored/didnt get th '2nd LIST'....
what say, puys?)

Dear ankit,

I am one of the many who got calls the 2nd time and I got selected for the PM&IR; course.
My profile
Xth - 85%
XIIth - 89%
Graduation(B.Tech) - 3.65/4
Xat percentile - 99.88
Working in TCS since september '05

Gauravi

Sorry, if i seem to be boasting nd bragging bout my achievements, but i seriously was expecting a call--cant see what went wrong.. dats why i want to believe its a goof-up...

do tell how wer the i/v.of u ppl...nd wer u xpecting a convert?
Okies... well...my intvw was okay. But looking @ other intvw transcripts, would consider it good. :smile:

BE Acads, ok; prior to that good, and standin 10th in Maharshtra in Diploma.
Extra-cirriculars - good, and varied work-ex including a business setup.

I too thought the 2nd list intvw calls were just a formality, but with gauravi getting a convert, that seems a remote possibility.

I too thought the 2nd list intvw calls were just a formality, but with gauravi getting a convert, that seems a remote possibility.

Well, u r probably rite Monil.....Since Gauravi & Shruti (got a pm..) have got calls (but curiously for PM&IR; 😃 ) , the issue is more or less settled.....

So, we'll need to stop the thread here, i guess...
Excuse me if i get a bit emotional here...i dont know how often i wud be visiting PG when i join work.....

It was a wonderful experience appearing for th mba entrance exams this year--i had appeared only for a handful--didnt get a convert....so will either be going to tcs/ibm...
one lesson i learn was that ONE CANT TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED--A cliche it may be, but i learnt it the hard way.... sometimes u dont get what u think u truly deserve and at other times u r showered with blessings from nowhere...THAT'S LIFE.....

To end on the lighter side, let me tell u dat i m still hopeful of getting the XLRI Call Letter 'One Fine Day', and starting a new thread on PG:

"XLRI 2ND LIST CALL-GETTERS" !!
:) 😃

Chalo, till then have a nice time and all the best to Monil and everyone else.....

Adios..

Signing off...
Ankit Sukhija
I know I am posting in the wrong thread, but I really know what it feels to not get accepted(may be selected is the right word).
I got a call in the 1st list.
Had a very good interview. Answered even the vague questions pretty well(yeah agreed well is quite a relative term, but this is what I think).
Good extracurrics. Have played cricket for Delhi under-19.
Xth 87
XII 84.4 (PCM 93)
30 months work ex in a s/w multinational. Thought was a strong candidate for filling up the Systems specialization.
XAT %ile 99.38
But a kick. Am not even wait listed. 😞

And yes sorry again for posting in the wrong thread.

Me too, same case...I had an excellent interview. After the interview, I thought i had got into xlri....but...my no is not even in waiting list...

I know I am posting in the wrong thread, but I really know what it feels to not get accepted(may be selected is the right word).
Had a very good interview.

Hey its okay ABJ, we can all understand what u wud be feeling....moreover i guess this thread is for all th dejected souls--but lets not lose hope buddy!!

anyway, so u also in chd? lets sit n share 'dukh-dard' some time.... :)
wat say?

Take Care Everyone...
Had a very good interview. Answered even the vague questions pretty well(yeah agreed 'well' is quite a relative term, but this is what I think).
Good extracurrics. Have played cricket for Delhi under-19.
Xth - 87
XII - 84.4 (PCM 93)
30 months work ex in a s/w multinational. Thought was a strong candidate for filling up the Systems specialization.
XAT %ile 99.38

me also in the same lane buddy... :sad:

X - 82.2
XII - 91.2

BE - 80% (NSIT, ECE)

XAT - 99.82

wont say had a terrific int...bt had a decent one....got kicked in the butt....nt even waitlisted...

PS - waiting fr XL second list

cheers

welcome aboard....we all getting kicks from xlri...hey these kicks might just kick start our career u know....! ....dont lose hope...its not that we did not do well or did not deserve to be there...luck also matters yaaro.....:(

xat:98.79%
xiith-82%-commerce
xth-83%
bachelor of management sciences-77%
good extra currs....
excellent pi...well thats life

ps:i know ppl who have converted at 78% and 86%.....destiny,man so frustrating at times...but gootta live with it...so cheer up,better things await us:)

regards,
triumphalchip.( all the best to everyone on this thread)

hey forgot to mention that i was a first lister and so were the ppl with 86% and 78%...:neutral:

triumphalchip