XLRI 2008-2010 - GD/PI Queries & Discussion

Hello There! XAT results are out, and so will shortly be the XLRI results. Before you start bombarding Questions whether your current score will fetch you that coveted BM/PMIR/GMP/etc call, kindly hear what we know: Last year’s min overal…

Hello There!
XAT results are out, and so will shortly be the XLRI results.

Before you start bombarding Questions whether your current score will fetch you that coveted BM/PMIR/GMP/etc call, kindly hear what we know:
Last year's min overall cut-off percentile that recieved a call was 97.2.

Last year for a BM call,
a decent percentile over 85% (to put it safely) in Reasoning & Decision making ability
a decent percentile over 90% (to put it safely) Verbal Ability
and a strong 96.5% (95.5% for people with 3+years workex) Quantitative Ability were mostly given a call

Last year for a PMIR call,
a decent percentile over 85% (to put it safely) in Reasoning & Decision making ability
a strong percentile over 96.5% (95.5% for people with 3+years workex) Verbal Ability
and a strong 96.5% (to put it safely) Quantitative Ability were given a call

Although it might vary this year, (it might go down because of the larger number of aspirants or it might go down because of higher competition) it should be somewhere in this range.
Last year BM had only PIs that ranged for an average of 20 minutes.
On the other hand PMIR had GDs and PIs.

XLRI calls should come out shortly. ATB best people :)

Some useful threads:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...iscussion.html (Xat 2008 - Queries and Discussion)

:XAT 2008 thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...9-queries.html (XAT (XLRI(2007-09)) Queries and Discussion: Exam Jan 7 2007)

:XAT/XLRI 2007 thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...post-your.html (XLRI : Post your PI queries here)

:XLRI 2007-09 PI Queries

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...s-2007-bm.html (XLRI PI experiences(2007)- BM & PMIR)

:XLRI PI Experiences (2007) - BM and PMIR

I am starting this thread for all queries/discussions on the GD/PI pertaining to XLRI (2008-10) admissions. All the best to everybody 😃

I re-iterate again, XLRI results are not out, but they should be shortly.
This thread is just a ground to discuss the various queries pertaining to XLRI.ATB people.

I urge my XL batchmates to join in to answer the queries as I'll be unable to answer queries for the next two days. 😃

Hey Ninja...

Dont worry...we all are here once again..Only difference is looking at the things from other side...

All the best guys....Results will be out very soon...

Regards
Ritesh Agrawal

Attendance ke time pe to main aa hi jaata hoon
I am available as well. People with queries can either post it on this thread or send a PM :)

-
Bugs

hey there... just saw my XAT result - havent mad same blunder like CAT i.e. badly screwing Verbal like always....

my score -
VA: 91.95
QA: 98.25
RDM: 94.44
Overall: 98.68 :smile: - assuming will get a call atleast

few things i wanted to ask

1) I had a call 2 years back i.e. XAT 2006 but could not convert - Does XLRI cross check call getters of previous years?? If yes, then will they have any biases??

2)
a) What is the average work ex of the batch? Could you tell me how many ppl in current batch have work ex around 3 years?
b) What are the placement opportunities for these students? Could I get a contact of a few ppl in batch of 2008 who have been placed wid such high work ex?

3) Which consulting cos come to XLRI campus? M not dreaming of McK, Bain or BCG but then what are other firms which come to campus regularly or atleast have had history of picking up students in past 2-3 years?

Thanks in advance!!

VA-99.27
QA-88.6
LR-82.75

overall-97.87
any chance puys??
dunno much abt XL and their way of givin kalls

1) I had a call 2 years back i.e. XAT 2006 but could not convert - Does XLRI cross check call getters of previous years?? If yes, then will they have any biases??

2)
a) What is the average work ex of the batch? Could you tell me how many ppl in current batch have work ex around 3 years?
b) What are the placement opportunities for these students? Could I get a contact of a few ppl in batch of 2008 who have been placed wid such high work ex?

3) Which consulting cos come to XLRI campus? M not dreaming of McK, Bain or BCG but then what are other firms which come to campus regularly or atleast have had history of picking up students in past 2-3 years?

Thanks in advance!!

1. I dont think XLRI will cross check...But you never know..these guys are really smart.....But I am sure there will be no biases...

2. Average work-ex of the current batch is around 2.5 years...Approx 40-50 people will be there with 3+ work ex.

3. Dont worry about placement..You will be joining one of the best insti in country.

4. We cant tell you about the companies visiting campus as of now..Placement process is till goin on...As soon as it is over, the companies will be made public..

hey..just checked out my results..though there was no notification on the home page,i just logged in to see something else and voila! scorecard was available...
VA 96.51
QA 93.69
Reasoning 95.99
Overall 98.93

can i expect a call with this pcile?? (applied only to BM) coz QA 93.69 seems to be too less considering the emphasis on Quant that XL seems to have...do not want to miss the sectionals again after CAT:(...btw, is the quant cutoff strict or relaxed in case of good overall pciles???

pls check the results here...the GD/PI shortlist is out
XLRI Jamshedpur - Xavier Labour Relations Institute in India, Business Management School India, Executive Education Programme, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations Programme.

Verbal Ability: 86.580
Quantitative Ability: 98.930
Reasoning & Decision making ability: 99.060

Total Percentile: 99.440

i did not any calls, applied for both BM & PMIR:(

looks like my VA screwed me!:(

hey seniors,

the list is now up on the XLRI website. I got selected

i have a couple of queries -

1) when are the interview generally held. can i have bangalore as the interview center or all the interviews would be conducted only at jamshedpur? also what kinda questions are asked in the interview?
2) how many calls do they give out and what is the seat:cal ratio?

Thanks,
Ankur

got XLRI-BM call...also had a call 2yrs back in my final yr of graduation.
my profile
10th-85.2
12th-76.8
grad-57.75(statistics) frm hindu college DU
work-ex-17 months and going(9 months wth UTI/Axis Bank and 8 months in marketing for export/import & freight mgt firm-working here)
seniors plz help for kind of qus tht may follow.
thnx

hey..just checked out my results..though there was no notification on the home page,i just logged in to see something else and voila! scorecard was available...
VA 96.51
QA 93.69
Reasoning 95.99
Overall 98.93

can i expect a call with this pcile?? (applied only to BM) coz QA 93.69 seems to be too less considering the emphasis on Quant that XL seems to have...do not want to miss the sectionals again after CAT:(...btw, is the quant cutoff strict or relaxed in case of good overall pciles???

checked just now..got a BM call !!!
profile :
HSC 94.33
Graduation : BE (Info tech)
19 months work-ex in IT

got a call

hey seniors,

the list is now up on the XLRI website. I got selected

i have a couple of queries -

1) when are the interview generally held. can i have bangalore as the interview center or all the interviews would be conducted only at jamshedpur? also what kinda questions are asked in the interview?
2) how many calls do they give out and what is the seat:cal ratio?

Thanks,
Ankur

please also mention your detail scores along with the course for which u got the call for the benefit of all...

(1) conducted usually in late feb... to early march across some 4-5 centres in the country.
delhi, mumbai, jampot, chennai are usually dere. might change this time around.
can u explain me what all kind of questions exists for a GD/PI... i will pick and tell u the type

(2) last year seat call ratio was lesser........i think 5:1 for BM..again might hav changed this year..wl find out and let u ppl know

congo to all the call getters

Got a call !!!!!! PM & IR.........
Verb 98.8
Q 89.27
LR 90.5
-----------------------
----------------------

hey..the results page is not opening..
can anyone please paste the list

Got the BM call..
Quantz: 96.09
VA : 99.08