XLRI 1 Year GMP student bags the post of CEO!!!

It gives me great pleasure to tell the PaGalguy community that one of our classmate in XLRI GMP programme has been offered the post of CEO of AMN AMRO foundation :slight_smile: N. Sunil Kumar was with NABARD as an AGM before taking 1 year study leave an…

It gives me great pleasure to tell the PaGalguy community that one of our classmate in XLRI GMP programme has been offered the post of CEO of AMN AMRO foundation :-)

N. Sunil Kumar was with NABARD as an AGM before taking 1 year study leave and coming to XLRI in June 2006. He has been asked to immediately join the foundation in Mumbai. Sunil is very keen to continue with us till the end(April, 2007) but I guess this new opportunity may not allow him to do so.

For some reasons, I'm not disclosing the exact salary figure right now that is being offered to Sunil, but it is one of the highest domestic salary till date to any B-school student in India.

Sunil used to visit PaGalguy quite often before coming to XLRI. I extend him heartiest congratulations on behalf of our community.

Sunil has work experience of over 19 years working with NABARD. I missed adding this point in my last post and the edit button doesn't seem to be working πŸ˜ƒ

It seems I stand no 2nd chance today, and the edit button here for some weird reason is not working. A small correction first. It's ABN AMRO Foundation (and not AMN ...)
Forgive me for that typo.

(http://www.ibef.org/artdisplay.aspx?cat_id=465&art;_id=6800) , ABN AMRO Sponsorship

bloody awesome. But 19 years experience. wow!

With the kind of batch profile GMP has, its bound to get more and more visibility in the industry. The avg. work-ex is probably the highest in India (may be even more than ISB..!!). Companies are surely going to flock for the GMPites.

Grrr8 going :thumbsup:

cheers!!

Nice!!! Hey Aarav would you have any info on the profiles of the GMP batch? average age, salary forfeited etc?

convolutedsignal Says
Nice!!! Hey Aarav would you have any info on the profiles of the GMP batch? average age, salary forfeited etc?

Nice indeed , They have an average work experience of six years...other details Aarav bhai do us the honour
It gives me great pleasure to tell the PaGalguy community that one of our classmate in XLRI GMP programme has been offered the post of CEO of AMN AMRO foundation :-)

N. Sunil Kumar was with NABARD as an AGM before taking 1 year study leave and coming to XLRI in June 2006. He has been asked to immediately join the foundation in Mumbai. Sunil is very keen to continue with us till the end(April, 2007) but I guess this new opportunity may not allow him to do so.

For some reasons, I'm not disclosing the exact salary figure right now that is being offered to Sunil, but it is one of the highest domestic salary till date to any B-school student in India.

Sunil used to visit PaGalguy quite often before coming to XLRI. I extend him heartiest congratulations on behalf of our community.

My congratulations to him. Just a quick doubt though...For a one year program that's scheduled to end April '07, have placements already started? As in, how pertinent has this 4 month experience here been for the company in offering the role to him? And asking to join immediately..hmm...Why does it sound like he got a job which he applied to directly as opposed to terming him a B-school student and such ?? I might sound a bit sceptic, but details would definitely help me and others in getting a better picture. Am sure you'd agree Aarav :)

Cheers
My congratulations to him. Just a quick doubt though...For a one year program that's scheduled to end April '07, have placements already started? As in, how pertinent has this 4 month experience here been for the company in offering the role to him? And asking to join immediately..hmm...Why does it sound like he got a job which he applied to directly as opposed to terming him a B-school student and such ?? I might sound a bit sceptic, but details would definitely help me and others in getting a better picture. Am sure you'd agree Aarav :)

Cheers

Your points are valid Subbu πŸ˜ƒ Let me answer them.
I don't know how pertinent was Sunil's 4 month work experience with XLRI is but the interview panel was very impressed with the fact that a top B-school offered admission to him. See, in the end a B-school just acts as an add-on and not complete make over, how else you explain such huge salaries to just 11 month B-school passouts.

The formal placements haven't started for GMP as yet, but that doesn't bind any one of us to clinch a job for us if we can do it of our own with the backing of huge brand name XLRI.

Hope I'm able to answer your questions πŸ˜ƒ
convolutedsignal Says

Hi Vivek,

The criterion on the relevant work experience for our batch was minimum of 3 years but that has been increased to 5 years from the next year.
The average age of the batch is 27-28 years, the average forfeited salary is 6.5 L(without CTC).
Sunil has the maximum experience in our batch, but there are quite a few who are more than 10 years of work ex.
http://www.rediff.com/money/2006/oct/18xlri.htm
The news also appeared in yesterday's (18th) ET besides HT and Telegraph few days back.

Frankly, a bit surprised to see the response here considering the type of news this is.
Awesome show!!!!!!

Kudos to you......and XLRI...
http://www.rediff.com/money/2006/oct/18xlri.htm
The news also appeared in yesterday's (18th) ET besides HT and Telegraph few days back.

Frankly, a bit surprised to see the response here considering the type of news this is.

Aarav I did read that news ad was sincerely impressed .... till now I did not write any other exam for but CAT... but this kinda news is forcing me to reconsider my options ... I want advice from u ? shud one appear for XAT ...?? coz XAT does NOT select ppl without workex .... thts the impression my seniors have about XLRI ... plz guide.
siddhesh_j Says
Aarav I did read that news ad was sincerely impressed .... till now I did not write any other exam for but CAT... but this kinda news is forcing me to reconsider my options ... I want advice from u ? shud one appear for XAT ...?? coz XAT does NOT select ppl without workex .... thts the impression my seniors have about XLRI ... plz guide.

Hey that's not true...XLRI selects freshers also....two of my batchmates got in...even I had a call when I was a fresher though I failed to convert it

Mridul
siddhesh_j Says

Dekho yaar, the system works both ways. A student wants XLRI, the institute wants a good student. Out of 120 people in BM batch this year, more than 50 are freshers (absolute 0 work experience), and majority is under 2 years experience.
Don't avoid XAT just because XLRI also selects work experience people. Infact, your decision to take XAT shouldn't have been based on this news, today XLRI has produced a CEO, tomorrow some other B-school will.
siddhesh_j Says
Friend, i would like to add to what Aarav told. XLRI does select
outstanding freshers. From this year onwards, you can apply for any TWO programmes.
So you can apply for both BM/PMIR and GMP. Ofcourse, one needs to have five years of work exp for GMP.

Hehehe..........another propaganda school in the making

This is similar to saying that Dr. Manmohan Singh is Prime Minister of India due to the Honourary Doctorate that he recieved from Cambridge recently

Hehehe..........another propaganda school in the making

This is similar to saying that Dr. Manmohan Singh is Prime Minister of India due to the Honourary Doctorate that he recieved from Cambridge recently

Was waiting for an idiot like you to come here and spoil the mood. You seem to be a poor student of history especially history of B-schools and even a poorer current affairs student (if you can read in between lines as to what I mean here).

Ass, and I using not similar but exact words to say that to you.