XIME, Bangalore - Admissions 2010

Admission Notification of XIME, Bangalore for 2010 is out. Main Page for PGDM Programme: XIME - Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship *Link for Admission Form: *http://xime.org/pdf/XIMEapplication2010.pdf *Requirements: …

Admission Notification of XIME, Bangalore for 2010 is out.

Main Page for PGDM Programme: XIME - Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
Link for Admission Form: http://xime.org/pdf/XIMEapplication2010.pdf
Requirements:
Candidates for XIME's Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) are required to have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (45% for SC/ST candidates).

Application Procedure:
The application form may be obtained from
1. XIME office on payment of Rs.1000/- in cash or DD favouring 'XIME,Bangalore' payable at Bangalore.
2. Designated IMS learning centers or TIME centers.
3. Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded from the XIME website www.xime.org. Downloaded form may be filled up and sent along with the registration fee of Rs.1000/- in the form of a DD favouring 'XIME, Bangalore'.
Important Dates:

1. Issuing application form begins : October 15, 2009.
  2. Last date for issue of application from XIME : February 06, 2010
  3. Last date for submission of duly filled application to XIME : February 10, 2010 (Last date to receive copy of XAT/CAT score card from the applicant is February 10, 2010. Otherwise the application will not be considered).
  4. Dates for Group Discussion / Interview : Between February 20, 2010 and March 07, 2010 (Exact dates will be intimated to short-listed candidates)

Fees:

Academic fees: 6 L for two years
Hostel + Mess charges: 5500 per month

Books are also provided by college itself and that charges are included in 6L.

Cutoffs:
This year's cutoffs are not out yet. For last year, it was 85%le for both CAT and XAT with no sectionals.

Placements:

For 2006-08 batch
average package was 5.7 L and highest was 10.2 L.

For 2007-09 batch,
Out of 120 students,
13 were not qualified for placements (There is a minimum CGPA requirement).
6 got placed on their own.
23 are yet to be placed.

23 companies visited the campus.
Max. Salary: 9.4 L
Av. Salary: 4.68 L
Min. Salary: 2.4 L

The infrastructure is excellent with spacious AC classrooms. Hostel rooms are of a high standard and college offers gym and sports facilities too. You can get more info from the website - www.xime.org
No reservations or management seats
One thing we are really proud of at XIME is that this college has no reservations of any kind and no management seats. Every person that make through the admission process does it solely on merit.

2009 Mandatory Disclosure: http://xime.org/PDF/Mandatory%20disclosure%20-%202009.pdf

Please post your queries!
Admission Notification of XIME, Bangalore for 2010 is out.

Hiii ...Gud wrk buddy....

Wish u guys r able 2 put up a betr show tan wat V cud las yr....
ATB

Good Work Guys! Delix, having been in XIME for more than a year, we are in a better position to answer all queries starting from the administration, faculty, infrastructure and placements. I am sure we have many wonderful experiences to share. So aspirants fire on.............

what was the cut off last yr through catr and xat??
do they also look at profile

mine is 10 th =86%
12 th =59%
btech cse =70%

fresher

Cut-off for last year was 85 for both CAT and XAT with no sectionals.
Yes, the profile is also considered along with academics. No specific weightages though.

Sure, your academics are good enough 😃

True, your 12th marks are not very good. But if you are able to give a logical explanation, I don't think that would be a problem. There is no specific cutoff for 10th and 12th marks. If other things in your profile excite the panel, they will mostly ignore that low performance as an exception.

I think you should apply.

catxatirma Says
but +2 marks can be a demerit for me , any comment on this

The selection depends on a variety of factors. If you have a good percentile and you fare well in GD/PI, +2 grades don't matter.

Hi.Thanks a lot for starting the thread.i've got some queries.
since the last date to apply is feb 10 and the results for XAT will be out by jan 31st itself,will it be better to apply after that or since CAT is also considered,we need to apply before itself?i will be taking both CAT and XAT.
also 1 more query:do a fair number of freshers make it to XIME every year?I've scored X-88.2%,XII-82.2%,B.COM-83.5%.No great ECs or work ex.any realistic chance of me making it thr if i score well in CAT?
Manjushaa

krish2009 Says
Look I am not a senior,but what I can say is that,since the last date for applying is 10th FEB so u can apply any day within that,there is nothing lyk you have to appear before the XAT results or sumthin..and regarding cut-offs I can tell you that last year it was 85 in XAT/CAT...Hope dis helps...

hey i know that comparison is not allowed in PG but i really want to clear my doubt.IFMR is another b school like XIME which accepts both XAT and CAT scores.in the case of that college if we want both scores to be considered,we must apply by dec 10th itself and clearly mention that in the form.finally the best of the 2 will be used for shortlisting.however if u want only XAT scores to be considered,last date for applying is dec31st.i want to know to know if there is any such criterion in XIME as no such information is stated in the website.
Sir you are doing a gr8 work here by answering our queries....:splat:Can you tell me few things???
1)What are the total no. of seats available???
2)What was the max,avg.,& min. package for the students of 2007-2009 batch????
Thanks in advance..

1. The number of seats is 120.
2. I currently don't have exact placement figures for 2007-09 batch. I will get back to you in couple of days.

@ manjushaa,
You can apply even after XAT results. No problem at all. Last year, there were separate deadlines for CAT and XAT but this year its the same last date for both.

My batch i.e. 2009-11 batch has around 60% freshers, so, being a fresher isn't a big disadvantage. If you do well in the admission process, you have a fair chance of getting in.

hi.. can u plz tell me more about the HR specialization at XIME?

My profile is as follows
10th std 86%
12th std 85%
B.Tech(up to 3rd year) CSE 65%
Since I am a fresher, plese guide me as my B.Tech percentage is enough to defend? pls reply me...

And also tell me that are there any reservations available in 120 seats for OBC candidates?

jayal Says
hi.. can u plz tell me more about the HR specialization at XIME?

HR has always been a strong area for XIME with the Founder President Mr. Philip being from that field 😃 This year, Mr. Atish Dasgupta joined XIME as a permanent faculty. Prof. Dasgupta is an IIMC alumnus and has 35 years of experience in the field of HR. I will get more info later. Its a crazy schedule here!
My profile is as follows
10th std 86%
12th std 85%
B.Tech(up to 3rd year) CSE 65%
Since I am a fresher, plese guide me as my B.Tech percentage is enough to defend? pls reply me...

And also tell me that are there any reservations available in 120 seats for OBC candidates?

Your marks are good enough. Rest depends on your performance in CAT/XAT and GD/PI.
There is no reservation of any kind in XIME.

Very thanx for your quick reply

Arastoic Says
HR has always been a strong area for XIME with the Founder President Mr. Philip being from that field 😃 This year, Mr. Atish Dasgupta joined XIME as a permanent faculty. Prof. Dasgupta is an IIMC alumnus and has 35 years of experience in the field of HR. I will get more info later. Its a crazy schedule here!

thanks a lot Sanket :-P now i feel more comfortable and confident as well. hopefully i will be at XIME next year!! :-P
jayal Says
thanks a lot Sanket :-P now i feel more comfortable and confident as well. hopefully i will be at XIME next year!! :-P

My best wishes! :)
@ All, please use 'Thank' button henceforth, that way, the thread won't be cluttered.

hi. i would actually like to visit the campus!! would i be allowed to do so?? if yes wat would be the right time and day!! can we also see the hostel etc?? :-P