XIMB PGDM (RM)'08 : GD/PI Queries

Hello everyone, The XIMB PGDM (RM) shortlist is out for the 2008-10 batch. The shortlist is a mix of students who had applied either through IRMA or XAT scores. It would be better if all those who are shortlisted post their respective scores …

Hello everyone,

The XIMB PGDM (RM) shortlist is out for the 2008-10 batch. The shortlist is a mix of students who had applied either through IRMA or XAT scores. It would be better if all those who are shortlisted post their respective scores so that we can have an idea about the cut-offs.

Congratulations to the shortlisted candidates and all the best for the GD/PI.

Regards,

hi everyone

i have also got gd/pi call on IRMA basis, missed IRMA call bcos of GK sectional by 1mark :|, Happy to get atleast from XIMB-hope ll convert this.. 😃

Hello Puys,

Congrats for getting the call for PGDM (RM) from XIMB!

I'm sure no other person than Saurabh, Fidel & Shirshendu would be able to give you a better perspective to all queries. 😃

Hi Puys,
I have got a call from XIMB for its Rural Mangement Course.
Am a B.Com(Hons.) fresher with good academics & decent extracurriculars.
My scores are as follows:
IRMA
Total Score-93
%ile-96.05
XAT
%ile-90.1
Seniors,looking forward to your help for GD/PI preparations.
Any idea as regards the schedule oF GD/PI?
Kiran

Hi friends. I got a call for pgdm -rm on the basis of my irma score of 92 percentile. I am a b.tech dairy tech. With 26 months of work ex. What are my chances. I also got a call last year but cant covert the call. Do they have any records with them that which guy was rejected last year. Does that effect my selection.

hi to all.got a call on the basis of my irma score
my scores:
%of marks percentile
ar 54.00 96.77
qa 36 .00 64.00
ec 87.50 98.7
gk 21.67 63.35
oa 46.5 96.05

i am an ex nda cadet with 26 months of basic military training ex.does it carry any weight.seniors pls reply

Hii
I too have been shortlisted for ximb-rm programme based on my
IRMA score: total-45%(90 marks) and 95.xx %ile
and got a 2yrs + of experiance in fields sales
avg. academics of 60-70% range
last yr didn't write the exams

do we will have a common gd with ximb-bm ppls?
seniors any idea abt wghtgs of irma marks,gd,pi,workex and academics?
what was the last year cut-off from irma marks among final selection and little profile of that will also help,pls:D

abhi bahut sawala ha poochne ko,shuruwat ke liye itna kafi hai shayad:infinity:
anyways,thankx a lot seniors:thumbsup:

Hey seniors.......
plz reply.....
whats the placement senario for rm in XIMB ??
I have been shortlisted for gd/pi and i have 2 yrs of wrk ex in the IT industry....

Hi Puys,
I have got a call from XIMB for its Rural Mangement Course.
Am a B.Com(Hons.) fresher with good academics & decent extracurriculars.
My scores are as follows:
IRMA
Total Score-93
%ile-96.05
XAT
%ile-90.1
Seniors,looking forward to your help for GD/PI preparations.
Any idea as regards the schedule oF GD/PI?
Kiran

Congrats Kiran,

Our GD/PI was held in March and so was with the last batch. If things are to remain same then you too will have it during the same time but maybe during the 1st half of the month.

Regards,
rathore_pushpen Says
Hi friends. I got a call for pgdm -rm on the basis of my irma score of 92 percentile. I am a b.tech dairy tech. With 26 months of work ex. What are my chances. I also got a call last year but cant covert the call. Do they have any records with them that which guy was rejected last year. Does that effect my selection.

@ rathore_pushpen

Congrats,

Your last year's performance will not have an impact on your selection. At times people have failed for 3 consecutive years but have eventually made it. But try not to repeat the mistakes that you made last year.

Regards,
Hey seniors.......
plz reply.....
whats the placement senario for rm in XIMB ??
I have been shortlisted for gd/pi and i have 2 yrs of wrk ex in the IT industry....

Congrats again,

You can look at the detailed placement report on the link below :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/final-placements-at-ximb-xuberance-2008-25028407

Regards,
hi to all.got a call on the basis of my irma score
my scores:
%of marks percentile
ar 54.00 96.77
qa 36 .00 64.00
ec 87.50 98.7
gk 21.67 63.35
oa 46.5 96.05

i am an ex nda cadet with 26 months of basic military training ex.does it carry any weight.seniors pls reply

Well nothing can be said in particular about your work ex but at the same time we have an alumnus who had a work ex of 6 years with the Indian Air Force. It would be better if you put your focus on the GD/PI and not worry too much about the work ex component. But I think this work ex will come in handy during your interview.:D

Regards,
Hii
I too have been shortlisted for ximb-rm programme based on my
IRMA score: total-45%(90 marks) and 95.xx %ile
and got a 2yrs + of experiance in fields sales
avg. academics of 60-70% range
last yr didn't write the exams

do we will have a common gd with ximb-bm ppls?
seniors any idea abt wghtgs of irma marks,gd,pi,workex and academics?
what was the last year cut-off from irma marks among final selection and little profile of that will also help,pls:D

abhi bahut sawala ha poochne ko,shuruwat ke liye itna kafi hai shayad:infinity:
anyways,thankx a lot seniors:thumbsup:

1. Till last year the GD/PIs for the two courses were held separately.:D
2. The test scores are used for shortlisting candidates. It has been seen that people who got good scores have not made it to the RM course due to their performance in the GD/PI, while people who have done well in the GD/PI have gone through even after a low test score.:-? (As there is little difference in the test scores.)
3. There is weightage for the various components as is practised across various B-schools but your GD/PI could act as a deciding factor.
4. You can check the last years scores on the old forum.

Sawaal poochte jaiye, you may'll be helping others this way and will be helping yourself more...

Regards

thanks seniors for this prompt reply

1-my next questions is abt ur gd/pi experience,how was that-I mean to say r u able to still figure out where u have felt during the gd/pi process that now it seems I have got my piece of cake?what was that cutting edge precisely if u have realised that pls let us know,it will help us a lot
I know it will be difficult to pinpoint that way bt still it will help us or atleast me:D
2-what kind of companies come in for placements,I mean sector wise
Do developmental organisations also comes in for recruitment,and if yes what they look for in the candidates profile(take this question for all sectors companies bt in specific abt developmental sector)-I think this might may help out me during interview as I might get the chance to be more specific,what u say- will all this help?:D

chalo, once more thanks for ur patience:infinity:

1-my next questions is abt ur gd/pi experience,how was that-I mean to say r u able to still figure out where u have felt during the gd/pi process that now it seems I have got my piece of cake?what was that cutting edge precisely if u have realised that pls let us know,it will help us a lot
I know it will be difficult to pinpoint that way bt still it will help us or atleast me:D
Do developmental organisations also comes in for recruitment,and if yes what they look for in the candidates profile(take this question for all sectors companies bt in specific abt developmental sector)-I think this might may help out me during interview as I might get the chance to be more specific,what u say- will all this help?:D

@ kpsingh aka kp

:infinity:You seem to be a lot anxious about your GD/PI than I was. Well the reason for that was that I already had 2 final calls and 2 GD/PI to attend apart from XIMB PGDM (RM) but I joined RM as I always wanted to work here. The GD set it up for me.

1. Coming to the precise answer let me tell you it is everything, the way you walk, talk, sit and even the way you open the door that makes all the difference. It shows your confidence and that is what people look for. If you are upbeat it'll show in everything you do and if you are nervous it again is reflected. At the end of the GD I knew I am through. :DMoment can be said when the members of the panel told me that I should try for BM as I suited to that profile more than the RM profile. But I stood by what I said at the start.

2. Now the tough one. Companies that come to the campus range from Rural Development, Agriculture, Rural Marketing, Market Research and Rural Finance. Companies look at the skills that you have and how you fit in their profile.

I think that should be sufficient as the Placements for your batch are still 2 years away. And remember that MBA is a tough period between two interviews. (If the interviews are tough then the period inbetween is tougher):grab:

3. And finally, will all this help? I would say 'no' till you are ready to walk the distance on your own. We can only guide you, we can't appear the GD/PI for you. So its time that leave all these apprehensions and prepare for the GD/PI because its a tough world out there.:new-alie:

Still doubts? Keep them pouring...

Regards,

Moreover for your first que visit my gd/pi xperience http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ximb-2007-09-gd-pi-experiences-25021632
and for your other que visit Welcome | Xavier Institute of Management

Hey Congrats to all who have got a GD/PI call for XIMB RM.

A personal mail will be sent to you all very shortly where each one of you will be assigned a mentor who will guide you through your GD/PI queries till you reach the XIMB campus (after you convert). Do ask all your queries to your mentors or call them up personally (phn no. will be provided) and get them answered.

Start updating yourself on the current affairs and brush up your acads a bit.

All the best and stay focused.:p

Hi Puys,

This is Amit , Im too shortlisted for XIMB (RM) via IRMA route.
My score in IRMA is 95.69%ile with 46% of marks.
Analytical Reasoning - 72.48
Quantitative Ability - 90.41
English Comprehension-87.73
Issues of Social Concern-96.04

Hope to convert it. And by the way got Fidel as mentor.
So would call you fidel sir 😃 . And other puy seniors put your invaluable suggestions for us.
I know its gonna be a tough fight.
when are the GDs gonna start? Will it be conducted in Delhi?
Please suggest....
Regards,
Amit

Hi All,

I m Diwyesh...
Got 96.4 %le in XAT
QA - 83.xx %le
LA - 85.xx %le
VA - 97.xx %le

and somehow got selected for GD/PI
The only hope I hv got... No other calls this season till now..:sad: