XIMB's amazing comeback with 100% placements!

eXuberance 2004!!! That’s the title we’ve given our placement week, or rather, day, I should say! 104/118 on Day 1!!! The rest out on Day 2!!! As placement coordinator, I now have the delightful job of calling up companies(and this includes some …

eXuberance 2004!!! That's the title we've given our placement week, or rather, day, I should say! 104/118 on Day 1!!!! The rest out on Day 2!!! As placement coordinator, I now have the delightful job of calling up companies(and this includes some real big names) planning to visit us in the next two days to say sorry, but there's no one left for you over here!!!!! It was the biggest mayhem I've ever encountered in my life, but XIMB MADE IT!!!!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/415626.cms

XIM also got ranked by the Asia Pacific HRD Congress as the best management school in Asia for HR, and that news came to us yesterday(day 1) in the midst of our hectic but AMAZINGLY GREAT placement week!!!!

Got around 3 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. Gotta hit the sack now. 😁

snprabhu Says
...... 104/118 on Day 1!!!! The rest out on Day 2!!! As placement coordinator, I now have the delightful job of calling up companies(and this includes some real big names) planning to visit us in the next two days to say sorry, but there's no one left for you over here!!!!!......

thalaivaaaaaaa........
vanakkam...

so ur efforts as placement coordinatir have borne fruits...
great work...keep it up..

hope XIMB gives me GD/PI call....

regards
ezhil

hey sathya
congrats of getting placed...tho i still dont know the company
and which all companies took part in the placement program ???

hey sathya
congrats of getting placed...tho i still dont know the company
and which all companies took part in the placement program ???

Hi Anil, I'm still in the first year and can sit for placements only after one more year. 😃 However, the culture in XIMB is that the first years coordinate the placements of the second years, and hence I'm as happy as the second years who got placed!

Some of the 60-odd companies that participated in the placement program were - PwC, E&Y;, HLL, Marico, Brittannia, J P Morgan, Insight Asia(foreign offers), Infosys, TCS, Polaris, Sonata, ICICI Lombard, ICICI Prudential, BPCL, HPCL, J K Group, ACC, Birlasoft, A V Birla Group, TIS, Lafarge, Frost and Sullivan, Delphi etc.
thalaivaaaaaaa........
vanakkam...
hope XIMB gives me GD/PI call....

Thanks machan. Hope you make it to XIMB and I can get to "rag" you next year!!!

and btw sathya..
how many seats for PGP in XIMB ?
thx

well prabhu..

can u shed more light about placements of ximns pgdrm programme.like what all compnies..whats their offer?lowest/highest offer etc?

and btw sathya..
how many seats for PGP in XIMB ?
thx

Hey Anil, there's 120 seats for PGP.
well prabhu..

can u shed more light about placements of ximns pgdrm programme.like what all compnies..whats their offer?lowest/highest offer etc?

Hi dude, I suppose you are asking about the PGPRM(rural mgmt) programme at XIM. They have around 60 seats for that - companies are all NGOs/Agro-based and some marketing firms. 100% placement is the norm as this is the 2nd best rural management programme in India. Salaries range from 1lakh/annum to 4lakhs/annum. I'll ask my RM friends and get back to you with more details.

Good luck!
Sathya.

News clipping from EconomicTimes

XIM Bhubaneswar records 100% placements

KOLKATA: All the students graduating this year from Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, have been offered jobs by established companies, the maximum salary offered being Rs 12 lakh per annum.

Chairman of Board of Governors of XIMB Rajive Kaul said that all the 116 students were offered jobs by renowned Indian companies like Infosys Technologies, Wipro, Tata group, Frost & Sullivan, Polaris Software, Godrej & Boyce, Sonata Software, Dr Reddy's Laboratories, Mahindra British Telecom, HPCL, BPCL, L&T;, Britannia Industries, and Indonesian market research firm InsightAsia.

Out of the total, 44 students were from the marketing discipline, 31 from systems and IT, 18 from finance, 11 from human resource, 10 from consultancy and two from logistics.

The average salary offered was Rs 4.65 lakhs per annum, while the minimum salary was Rs 2.4 lakh.
Director of XIMB, Fr Abraham said the excellent placement records in the current year would tempt more students to join the institute.

Now let us go for some analysis. Target person :View point chosen will be froma guy who has a decent job with good enough work experience. To be or not to be.

In this case I would like to compare the scene with other MBA colleges (Barring A, B, C ... coz they are altogether in differnet league)

Also we have to take into account the bull run in economy. Probably this placements just turns out to be a fiasco. Will XIMB able to sustain this record ?

1. No foreign placement (its ok ...that happens with most other MBA (leave aside ABC). 100% palcement this year is very common term. A school which is not able to place 100% this year cannot be considered for the above said person.

2. The list of companies doesn't include
HLL, P&G;, J&J;, Colgate, TAS, TSMG, i2, Asian paints, ABB, E&Y;, ICICI, Citibank and lots other companies which are the benchmark for any placement. Something like 50 representative shares in NSE. Also one cannot say that due to space constrain we were not able to mention their name .. coz other companies which are there in news article doesn't come anywhere close to the aura of HLL & P&G.;

3. Next question comes is this performance sustainable ? The best answer is past record. I agree that is pretty decent, but not to boast of. Also most of the placement is hogged by IT Sector, which is very volatile ... we have just seen sept. 9/11 recession.

4. Snprabhu, u being the placement co-ordinator will be the best person to give us information. If ur talking abt the one and only one J P Morgan, then u really got to be very sure of. FYI its a day 0 comapany in most IIMs and are very choosy abt their campus. I doubt if it goes any college other than top 10 or for that matter to anny place other than ABCL. Finally ICICI, JP Morgan and HLL are not the names to be missed. Check it out with PR committee :-)

5. Also an important aspect SALARY ... mostly most of the B-Schools inflate their records a little. Last year even B was not left aloof. Going by that the average salary of 4.65 (including some foreign placement, as said by snprabhu) and min of 2.4 doesn't looks great. Software sector can anyday give run for the money.

So the moral of the whole discussion is, the placement was decent enough (comparing with other campus). Can look into NITIE's record of placement this year. Asian Paints didn't get candidates.

Finally everyone knows that every college is good (we call it GLOBAL GYAAN). But the issue is does it worth my profile. Through this discussion I want to be specific, rather than gerneralize the whole thing.

Also There is no way that I want to degrade XIMB. XIMB is definetly a great MBA institue to do MBA from. The only question remains "How Good ?" ... does it worth leaving a plum job. Again the decision depends on individual. I just want to drive home the point that everything is not that rosy. So wear ur thinking cap before u rush to take decision.

Great post there Hedonist
Btw: Did u apply to XIMB ?
If Yes : Good Research :thumbsup:
If No : Then why are you bothered ??

Good research hedonist. You are right about one thing - the PR was BAD!!! The person who gave the information to ET was in no way involved in the placement process directly, and I'm still pissed about it. Now the questions -

1. No foreign placement - not true; Insight Asia, a Jakarta based company recruited candidates for Rs. 12 lakhs per annum for MR jobs in that city; of course Jakarta isn't really the US, but foreign is foreign.

2. The list of companies doesn't include HLL, P&G;, J&J;, Colgate, TAS, TSMG, i2, Asian paints, ABB, E&Y;, ICICI, Citibank and lots other companies which are the benchmark for any placement.

True. Some of them in the list weren't there. But we did have E&Y;, HLL, PwC, Lafarge, Delphi, Lowe Lintas, GE india and UB group participate and I think that's pretty decent for a non-IIM institute.

3. Next question comes is this performance sustainable ? The best answer is past record. I agree that is pretty decent, but not to boast of.

No argument there. I hope for the best.

4. Snprabhu, u being the placement co-ordinator will be the best person to give us information. If ur talking abt the one and only one J P Morgan, then u really got to be very sure of. FYI its a day 0 comapany in most IIMs and are very choosy abt their campus. I doubt if it goes any college other than top 10 or for that matter to anny place other than ABCL. Finally ICICI, JP Morgan and HLL are not the names to be missed. Check it out with PR committee :-)

Again, I agree it was bad PR. We had no concept of day 0 per se, but JP Morgan came earlier though the results were announced only on Day 1 as per our rules.

5. Also an important aspect SALARY ... mostly most of the B-Schools inflate their records a little.

As a policy, salary not inflated - why else would we have disclosed 3.2 lakhs last year which was pathetic by any standard? We do understand that other colleges inflate salaries quite a bit and even bribe mags to bump up the ratings(yes, that happens!), but being a Jesuit owned institute with a lot of sops from the government, we are strictly not allowed to do that.

hi dude,
if it is not too much trouble, cud u tell me which function PWC recuited for and how many they took?
regards,
rakesh

great news this one.....

hope ximb continues this trend....

keeping my fingers crossed by the way